Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    No matter the origin, Shepard had had a pretty rough life even mefore ME1, and was already considered to be one of the best and most bad ass soldiers Alliance had.

Compared to her, the Ryders are little kids. They don't have big merits under their belt yet. Their dad is a big deal, but the kids have had relatively minor postings before Antromeda Initiative.
    It was intentional from the dev's part, I think. They wanted a younger main character.

It also makes a bit more sense to be a noob when your character is one in-story. Shepard, badass N7 operative and prospective Spectre, starting ME1 as a level 1 toddler with the galaxy's crappiest gear was annoying to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I'm relieved that my PC surpasses the minimum requirements (in fact, most of my specs are at the recommended level except the video card, but even then, the video card is above the minimum required) so I'm not worried.

Speaking of hair, bioware has said that there wont be any plastic hair here like in previous games. Hair will actually move this time. I think they're going to use the same technology used in the 2013 reboot of Tomb Raider, which gave Lara a very realistic hair that moved and waved depending on weather, and your own movement.

Mass Effect Andromeda: The spirits within :P
    Mine is a bit above recommended, but, since I play games in UHD, and since the games with this level of graphical fidelity don't scale well with resolution, I expect it to be, at best, like in DAI and Witcher 3, where, no matter what I do, I cannot get over ~30-40 FPS in open areas. It is okay though: one gets used to such framerates after a while and stops noticing them in this kind of games. As long as it doesn't go below 25-30 on minimum settings (and it shouldn't), I am content.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Mine is a bit above recommended, but, since I play games in UHD, and since the games with this level of graphical fidelity don't scale well with resolution, I expect it to be, at best, like in DAI and Witcher 3, where, no matter what I do, I cannot get over ~30-40 FPS in open areas. It is okay though: one gets used to such framerates after a while and stops noticing them in this kind of games. As long as it doesn't go below 25-30 on minimum settings (and it shouldn't), I am content.
    What's the point of 1440p if you are going to play on low settings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    What's the point of 1440p if you are going to play on low settings?
    2160p.

I don't know, to me high resolution does more than all the fancy special effects. Pixelated/aliased image is a bane of my existence, and I'd rather have graphics like in KotoR, but without these elements, than Witcher 3 on ultra settings, but with visibly pixelated grass.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    2160p.

I don't know, to me high resolution does more than all the fancy special effects. Pixelated/aliased image is a bane of my existence, and I'd rather have graphics like in KotoR, but without these elements, than Witcher 3 on ultra settings, but with visibly pixelated grass.
    So to avoid jagged edges, you are willing to look at low poly models, low res textures? All while also still running poorly?

That makes zero sense to me

Especially with the advent of more and more efficient AA. Hell most modern games have FXAA on by default with almost no performance hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So to avoid jagged edges, you are willing to look at low poly models, low res textures? All while also still running poorly?

That makes zero sense to me

Especially with the advent of more and more efficient AA. Hell most modern games have FXAA on by default with almost no performance hit.
    Well, different people - different preferences. Some compromises aren't needed: modern GPUs can handle high res textures without a significant slowdown, for example. I only lower down resolution for some old games, like Neverwinter Nights or Planescape: Torment, because otherwise the UI becomes too tiny in them - and even so I can see the difference clearly.

The only exception so far has been Doom (2016), where I had to turn on downscaling to around 70%, because otherwise my config just couldn't handle the game even on the lowest settings. I hope MEA doesn't become the next one, but we will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also they dropped a few tidbits about crafting on the Mass Effect site yesterday:

Crafting

If you like building and modifying weapons and gear to match your unique play style, you’ll love our deep crafting system. In Mass Effect: Andromeda, assembling your ideal equipment relies on two key components: Research and Development.

Research: When exploring, you’ll want to scan all the unique wildlife and tech you discover to earn Research Data related to your subject. The more you learn, the more unique and rare blueprints and augmentations you’ll be able to unlock.

Development: Once research is done, it’s time to craft. Look at the blueprints to see what materials are needed and where they can be found. Get materials from merchants, find them while exploring on foot, mine them with the Nomad’s drone, or discover them while exploring space in the Tempest. Depending on the materials used and the research you’ve done, you can apply augmentations while building gear.

Augmentations

These are special devices which can be incorporated into a weapon or armor piece during crafting to give it unique properties. Below are just a few of the Augmentations available, to provide a sense of what’s possible when you use them while crafting a weapon or piece of armor:

-Aerial Stabilizer: If used while crafting a weapon, grants accuracy to weapon damage whenever you’re hovering. If used while crafting armor, improves your biotic powers while hovering.
    -Beam Emitter: Replaces the firing mechanism of a gun with an energy beam. Turn your Avenger into a laser rifle!
    -Coolant Unit: Increases clip size whenever special ammo is in use, allowing you to get the most out of your cryo, incendiary, or disruptor rounds.
    -Shield Disruptor: If used while crafting a weapon, increases the power of your disruptor ammo. If used while crafting leg armor, adds an electrical discharge to your air melee attacks.
    -Vintage Heat Sink: Converts any gun to an overheat system (like in the original Mass Effect™), where you’ll never run out of ammo.

Additionally, a huge variety of mods can further enhance your weapons abilities, as well as Remnant “fusion mods” that can upgrade your armor. And the more you explore, the more materials you’ll find, the more amazing things you’ll build, and the more devastating you’ll be on the battlefield.

As a huge fan of the previous games, the only thing that concerns me is the re-playability of the new game.I cant remember how many times i finished me 2 and 3.Playing different gender, different class, going renegade or paragon path etc..

But removal of choosing class in begining and decide it during gameplay via talents(?), and 100+ planets to discover and search etc.. and do it all over again?

Also did they mention that we'll have an option to reset our "talents" ? So that we can experience more claases in 1 playthrough?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    I wonder why Mediamarkt in cologne are going to sell this game for 39€ for PS4 (67€ would be the normal price). Is this a bad sign or just some sort of promotion?

Sadly there is no such offer in Austria
    lade es dir halt so runter. umsonst

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    RIP
    People like you make legitimate complaints hard to get across.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    lade es dir halt so runter. umsonst
    Das Game hat Denuvo, wird paar Tage dauern. Einfach bei Origin kaufen und in den ersten 24 Std zurückgeben.

scan all the unique wildlife and tech you discover to earn Research Data related to your subject.
    Is this fucking NoManySky or what? What is this shit? I don't want to fucking scan fucking shitty Animals to get a better Weapon, wtf is wrong with them?

Quote Originally Posted by felix014 View Post
    As a huge fan of the previous games, the only thing that concerns me is the re-playability of the new game.I cant remember how many times i finished me 2 and 3.Playing different gender, different class, going renegade or paragon path etc..

But removal of choosing class in begining and decide it during gameplay via talents(?), and 100+ planets to discover and search etc.. and do it all over again?

Also did they mention that we'll have an option to reset our "talents" ? So that we can experience more claases in 1 playthrough?
    Well, you do have the option to respec, but you don't need to do it to experience more than 1 class. The class system is fluid in Andromeda, and you can save up to 4 different talent configs, effectively allowing you to swap classes on the fly in the middle of combat.

Not only that, but the game wont have a level cap either. You will continue to level up indefinitely, effectively allowing you to unlock all talents eventually. The devs said that it will take you until roughly lvl 120 to unlock every single talent, at which point leveling up is kinda pointless as you wont have more shit to unlock. Of course, reaching lvl 120 may take a long time, and depending on how EXP is gained in this game (In ME1 you gained XP by completing quests and killing stuff. But in ME2 and 3, you only gained EXP by completing quests, killing gave nothing) you may need to do one, or several New Game+ to reach 120. And speaking of New Game+.......

The game will also feature a more friendly New Game+ than previous Mass Effects.

In previous Mass Effect games, when you do a New Game+, you start at the same level you were when you finished the game, and with all your weapons and armor unlocked already, allowing you to re-experience the whole thing but with an OP shepard. The only caveat is that during a New Game+ you were unable to change anything about Shepard, no changes to gender, or class were allowed.

Andromeda fixes that. When you do a New Game+, you'll start at the same level you had when you finished your first playthrough, with the same unlocks already done, same weapons, same armor, but you CAN play as a Ryder of different gender, and choose a different initial class.

They've said that playing as Male or Female Ryder will have a bigger difference than playing a Male or Female shepard in the original trilogy. Because the dialog of shepard was more or less identical across the entire trilogy regardless of what your gender was, with some microscopic minor exceptions here and there (For example, when Wrex says that their females have so many ideas, Fem!Shep can say "We tend to have good ideas now and then, you should try listening", an option that is not available to male shepard).

They've said that moments like that will be more frequent in Andromeda, there will be several parts of the game, where the dialog will change depending on your gender, and that each Ryder sibling has a somewhat different personality, and puts a different tone on certain responses.
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-03-06 at 01:36 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Complaining about an rpg having a crafting system with materials you can gather and schematics to unlock is really stretching it for what's an issue with the game.

NMS's problem was that doing that was about the only content in the game, not that it had crafting and materials to collect.

At this point I'm not even paying attention to him anymore, he's just complaining for the sake of complaining. I haven't seen a single post of his that isn't a complain of something.

I'm actually expecting him to post something like this sooner or later: "You mean we have to fucking TALK TO PEOPLE to get the fucking plot moving? What the fuck is this shit? I don't want to fucking read, is this is a fucking movie or a game? stop trying to be like those fucking shitty Telltale Games, and let me fucking shoot stuff!!!!!!!!"

(Extra "fucking"s added for better accuracy of his edgy posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Cirilla View Post
    Is this fucking NoManySky or what? What is this shit? I don't want to fucking scan fucking shitty Animals to get a better Weapon, wtf is wrong with them?
    It's a new galaxy and we know we'll be getting gear similar in origin to the Collector stuff, which is partly organic. It makes sense that you'd scan organic matter in a new galaxy in order to find out what's going on with the materials. Not talking every blade of grass, but you'd want to know what materials you could use and how best to destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    At this point I'm not even paying attention to him anymore, he's just complaining for the sake of complaining. I haven't seen a single post of his that isn't a complain of something.
    Not sure why he hasn't been reported. I can understand bring critical and critiquing aspects of the game, many of the people who are on the fence or are arguing against Andromeda are doing exactly that. Some aren't, they're not contributing any meaningful arguments, they're just shitposting because they think it's funny.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2017-03-06 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    Actually doing research for scientific upgrades? What manner of madness is this? Here's hoping it will be closer to ME2 instead of ME1/DAI.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Complaining about an rpg having a crafting system with materials you can gather and schematics to unlock is really stretching it for what's an issue with the game.

NMS's problem was that doing that was about the only content in the game, not that it had crafting and materials to collect.
    Well, that and the never-ending maintenance of your fuel and life support systems coupled with an incredibly limited inventory size. Bioware games usually allow you to have unlimited amounts of crafting mats so that's not an issue, but life support will be a thing in some places in Andromeda; I'm hoping it's not too annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Well, that and the never-ending maintenance of your fuel and life support systems coupled with an incredibly limited inventory size. Bioware games usually allow you to have unlimited amounts of crafting mats so that's not an issue, but life support will be a thing in some places in Andromeda; I'm hoping it's not too annoying.
    From what I've seen in the videos, it wont be. You can unlock Supply depots (which work akin to the camp sites in Inquisition) where you can refuel your life support systems. Plus higher tier armors will have higher tier life support.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirilla View Post
    Das Game hat Denuvo, wird paar Tage dauern. Einfach bei Origin kaufen und in den ersten 24 Std zurückgeben.

have you NOT played previous ME games? at least scanning in this game looks to be more interesting. rather then this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmX702YDqdM or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyG_0Q7T5RA

10+ Year Old Account
    So the last briefing is up and it mentions Quarian colonists...