Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    In a way though, if you're a raider choosing to vendor a BoE you got, over giving it to a fellow raider who could really use that item, you're also fucking them over.

I did a normal the other week, the mail boe belt dropped, bis stats for me, 895 (Mega TF) the resto shaman, despite being able to sell it for a ton, offered it to guildies first, because that's a basic kindness. And because of it, I was very happy.

Although, I've met people who are different. For example, on Mythic Guarm prog, 1 guy didn't bring a vantus rune, he forgot and it was a first for him. A guy in my raid told him he will make him one, and sell it to him for 20% over AH price, because he forgot to get it.

To which I told him to fuck off, and gave the guy a vantus rune for free, because that's a dog act. And you don't do that to fellow raiders.
    Yea, our raiders are really good about things like that, they really will give it to someone over selling it, and that dude in your raid was just an ass lol, I know vantus runes cost more back then but damn, it wasn't like they were that hard to make >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yea, our raiders are really good about things like that, they really will give it to someone over selling it, and that dude in your raid was just an ass lol, I know vantus runes cost more back then but damn, it wasn't like they were that hard to make >.>
    Yeah, everyone gave everyone in raid free things if they needed it, and he'd charge over AH price, got to the point where people boycotted his M+ runs. Dude had to pug everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Yeah, everyone gave everyone in raid free things if they needed it, and he'd charge over AH price, got to the point where people boycotted his M+ runs. Dude had to pug everything.
    I'd call that justice, pugs are..... eww.

Moral of the whole thread though is, its up to the guild to set the rules and the raiders to agree with them, we can argue semantics all day long but what works for one guild won't work for another, and then we all get caught up in it, myself included. There's nothing inherently wrong with a guild keeping a boe that raider got, yes I don't agree with it and wouldn't do it myself, but if that's the way they approach things its their right.

We all play the same game, no real need to argue about it

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thats simply not true. 35-40 wipes on a boss like Krosus will cost you 40k in repairs alone.
    What are you doing, spirit ressing every time? Are you seriously suggesting that repairing after one wipe costs 1000g?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    What are you doing, spirit ressing every time? Are you seriously suggesting that repairing after one wipe costs 1000g?
    He might just be confusing repairs with consumables.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    He quoted this in his reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    No one needs 1200 a raid day, sorry, but 3 full hours of wipes only adds up to like 800g
    I do think he's confusing something or made a typo or something, though.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    He was talking in terms of out of the guild bank for guild repairs (ie 40k total for all the raiders, which is still high).

10+ Year Old Account
    since u provide guild with food/flasks it sounds just fair to collect boe's
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    He was talking in terms of out of the guild bank for guild repairs (ie 40k total for all the raiders, which is still high).
    Yeah. I assume he's talking about mythic, so that's 20 people each spending 2000g/night on repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Holy priest with legendary cloak so its quick resses. 48gold a person per wipe. 20 people in a raid is almost exactly 1k per wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamandbread View Post
    Hi guys, I was just wondering what stance your guild have towards BOE loot drops. My guild is semi-casual (only 5/10 mythic) but we require all the BOE drops to be traded to an officer, this has caused some friction with some people who think it is 'my loot' because they have little gold etc. However, we do provide flasks,food and enchants to raiders. It seems to me this is fair, but does anyone do it differently?
    My whole stance is if it's personally won then yeah, it's theirs to do as they want. If it's something anyone can loot (ie Master Loot, Group Loot) and the guild knows it beforehand and is fine then sure. Generally though I think everyone should have a fair shot at getting it to do as they please. Perhaps they want it for an alt, it's an upgrade for them, or they just want to sell it. If they want to donate it to the bank then that's fine too.

Using the excuse of "we provide flasks, food and enchants" doesn't really hold much water in forcing others to give you their loot just so you can use it for that. If gold is that hard to come by you need to sell a BoE then why not sell the Chaos Crystals from gear you shard? Sell runs or have people donate stuff to the bank if they are going to use the materials. I'd much rather fund my own repairs, enchants, food and flasks than feel forced to give to a guild bank because they offer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Holy priest with legendary cloak so its quick resses. 48gold a person per wipe. 20 people in a raid is almost exactly 1k per wipe.
    I'm not even sure how you can spend 48g per person per wipe. Like it takes me a couple of wipes on my toons just to have that much of a repair. One of the bigger repair costs were weapons and that's a non-issue this expansion. Are they coming in with all their armor red and then wiping and repairing? Geez.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-03-17 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I'm not even sure how you can spend 48g per person per wipe. Like it takes me a couple of wipes on my toons just to have that much of a repair. One of the bigger repair costs were weapons and that's a non-issue this expansion. Are they coming in with all their armor red and then wiping and repairing? Geez.
    They've changed how repair costs work a few times over the life of WoW, but I believe currently repair cost scales with ilvl. If I'm remembering that correctly, Mythic raiders are going to have the highest ilvls in the game and consequently the highest repair bills.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    They've changed how repair costs work a few times over the life of WoW, but I believe currently repair cost scales with ilvl. If I'm remembering that correctly, Mythic raiders are going to have the highest ilvls in the game and consequently the highest repair bills.
    Even then there's not a huge difference between ilvls on my toons. My ilvl 800 toon pays barely less than say my 830, or 860, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even then there's not a huge difference between ilvls on my toons. My ilvl 800 toon pays barely less than say my 830, or 860, etc.
    I'll be honest that I've paid super close attention to repair costs per-death since I usually only repair after a couple of wipes, but I want to say repair costs for me (in mostly heroic gear) are around ~30g on those occasions when I do single death repair. So 48g is high but not so high that it seems like hyperbole. I'm sure some mythic raiders can weigh in on whether that's close or not but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was accurate or close enough.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

if anyone need it for upgrade give it to them

if noone does it's yours

is what we do

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    5/10 Mythic is "semi-casual"?
    Recruiting good players is hard we know, you can be casual and do Mythic. If you recruit 20 monkeys you get 20 monkeys.

OT, IDK what we do now, used in HFC to be guild bank, but sure as f doesn't look like it anymore seeing as x6 mail belts looted by other hunters, got none of them for upgrades.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

7/10 M guild here, nothing fancy. Everyone keeps their BoEs to do as they please... sell, use on alt, give to a guildie, whatever.

I understand the reasoning of a guild getting them to sell if they provide mats, consumables or repairs to their guildies though.

You handle it like any other gear drop in the raid, whether that is loot council, need/greed, or whatever.

If it is not a upgrade for anyone in the raid, the guild sells it to pay for consumables. If the guild doesn't provide consumables, the person who looted it gets it for themselves.

Seems obvious.

If people want to throw a fit about having to hand over boe drops while their guild is providing consumables, you slap them in the face. My guild sold mythic Archimonde for a year, and crafted gear early on plus consumables/gems/enchants has cost around 40 million gold thus far in legion.

Thank god potion materials are being cut in half for 7.2
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

if you provide all the flasks/food/repairs etc, ask the guild how they think this is paid for? if you don't boost there is really little to no income for the guild.

My equipped ilevel is 900. I just repaired and jumped to my death. My repair bill for that one death (for science!) is 47g97s42c

So my earlier estimate here is startlingly accurate ^_^