Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Finished it, I enjoyed it from start to beginning. Beginning was a little bit slow but I enjoyed even the slow parts, one of my main issues early on was the showing of the plane flashback over and over again and Danny not just telling people things only they'd know so they'd realise who he is.

Rest of it was great but I wish more things were shown, dragon/kunlun etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Finished it, I enjoyed it from start to beginning. Beginning was a little bit slow but I enjoyed even the slow parts, one of my main issues early on was the showing of the plane flashback over and over again and Danny not just telling people things only they'd know so they'd realise who he is.

Rest of it was great but I wish more things were shown, dragon/kunlun etc.
    I did find that a little odd and a tad frustrating -- why not just tell her things only she would know..but we watch too much tv, actually this is not usually the first thing that comes to mind when you're trying to convince someone of who you are unless you've been shown that is the best thing to verify your at least not immediately, and they never really give him the chance to explain/reveal

Up to episode 5 now, and I'm actually kind of digging it. It feels lighter than any of the other 3 series, but oddly that makes it easier to binge watch too. Just kind of surfing along watching some non-offensive entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some parts of the show is really good, but I think it is the worst Marvel netflix show so far and I am on ep 11 atm. Would be good if there were more fighting and better choreographed.

Started up the series last night after work and did 6 on Friday and the rest today. I enjoyed the series and felt it was very watchable.

However, I felt this is the worst written of the Marvel Netflix series thus far. Dialogue is pretty lame and the plot is super obvious from beginning to end. The major problem with Iron Fist is it did not up the ante from previous series on Netflix.

Gotta turn the screws, keep pushing, stay hungry, etc. Iron Fist felt like it was going through the motions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    and your IF v DD clash, i take it this is in the comic, because they don't meet at all, .. and IF receives more power ups?
    Yeah, I'm talking about comic versions of both here. Tbh, both characters are underpowered in the TV series' but IF was nerfed more.

Yes, in a recent comic run after doing... Spoilery stuff, Iron Fist recovered a book that details the history of the Iron Fist, increasing his power GREATLY. While the extent is unknown, it was stated his sense of self has grown ten thousand fold and his capabilities now posses infinite depth. He no longer tires from using his chi and is capable of using his powers for greater tasks.

Without using his Chi, his power has been described as "Peak Human" which puts him on a level with people like Captain America, when he uses his Chi to increase his abilities, they can be increased to lower end Super Human levels.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    It had some entertaining moments, but was overall meh. Should have been called Danny Bland Explains Why the Hand is Awful In 13 Episodes.

Danny starts as a mildy interesting mix of Hansel from Zoolander and that guy from Enter The Ninja. But then he doesnt really evolve, he gets mostly pouty and confused as the more interesting characters manipulate him.
    Characters constantly undercut cut their own motivations.
    Danny: "I've spent 15 years training to protect Kun Lun and to destroy the Hand!" He repeats this a few times, and really emphasizes it.
    Danny Confronts the Hand: "I'm confused about this whole destroy thing."

Claire: "The Hand is mean, they totally killed and gutted my friends in front of me!"
    Claire after Danny confronts the Hand: "You cant destroy them, that's baad!" Apparently not as bad as seeing her friends gutted in front of her... ugh

The plot totally drags whenever Claire is on the screen. Totally forced as some kind of lynchpin that connects Danny to the other shows. She's just superfluous moral proxy, that really just confuses Danny and the plot.

Colleen is fairly interesting on her own scenes. Really enjoy watching her work through her inner turmoil. She also does a better job of conveying a troubled childhood than Danny. Also with a lot less effort and repetitive flashbacks. But most of the scenes she shares with Danny. She's reduced to a two-dimensional girlfriend prop, the love interest or the nag.

Basically a more boring version of Keanu Reeves movie.

It's gotta be said though, the production quality, writing, scripting and acting is way higher here than it is for the CW dc comic shows

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    It just isnt though. The acting is bad, the fighting is bad choreography is laughable in spots. It stands no where near the quality level of DD, JJ or even Juke Cage. It is easily the worst of the shows. I have No care for any of the SJW stuff other may complain about. If you watch thi8s then follow it up with DD you will see how much lower in overall quality this show is. Its not BAD, its still better than any of the CW shows(all of which I enjoy) it is just no where near as good as the other shows. THe lead actor is just fucking terrible.
    I'll agree that so far for me, this is the "worst" of the MarvelFlix series, but then I haven't watched the entire thing yet. To me the first series of Daredevil is near perfect, its one of the best series of a TV show in existence, so i'm not going to try to compare the two. That said, its definately on the same level as Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage, and it'll probably end up being better than Luke Cage if they can have a decent second half of the season, because after episode 7, LC took a serious nose dive in quality.

As for Finn Jones, he's alright, nothing sparkling, could they have done better? Probably. Could they have done far worse? Hell yes. I still think Mike Coulter is the worst casting choice for the Defenders so far, and seriously hope he ups his acting when the Defenders starts.

And the fight choreography has been bad in every MarvelFlix series since Daredevil, I specifically remember that being a point that was brought up by a lot of critics in both Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2017-03-19 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, I'm talking about comic versions of both here. Tbh, both characters are underpowered in the TV series' but IF was nerfed more.

Yes, in a recent comic run after doing... Spoilery stuff, Iron Fist recovered a book that details the history of the Iron Fist, increasing his power GREATLY. While the extent is unknown, it was stated his sense of self has grown ten thousand fold and his capabilities now posses infinite depth. He no longer tires from using his chi and is capable of using his powers for greater tasks.

Without using his Chi, his power has been described as "Peak Human" which puts him on a level with people like Captain America, when he uses his Chi to increase his abilities, they can be increased to lower end Super Human levels.
    essentially the power up levels him to true super hero-dom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I'll agree that so far for me, this is the "worst" of the MarvelFlix series, but then I haven't watched the entire thing yet. To me the first series of Daredevil is near perfect, its one of the best series of a TV show in existence, so i'm not going to try to compare the two. That said, its definately on the same level as Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage, and it'll probably end up being better than Luke Cage if they can have a decent second half of the season, because after episode 7, LC took a serious nose dive in quality.

As for Finn Jones, he's alright, nothing sparkling, could they have done better? Probably. Could they have done far worse? Hell yes.

And the fight choreography has been bad in every MarvelFlix series since Daredevil, I specifically remember that being a point that was brought up by a lot of critics in both Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.
    interesting, i liked them all a lot, annd appreciate they were different.. i liked IF and DD the most, but just perhaps a touch over LC, JJ was a little bit further down, i don't dig that level of broken but hey.

LC and JJ take unexpected and refreshing progression, LC and DD are more conventional, DD is just wow!, IF is crazy fun/cute. I dn't usually do gangsta, but it's LC he's so cool. Marvel is definitely 1 up on the series front over DC cos these are better than than the CW shows.

Deleted
    interesting, i liked them all a lot, annd appreciate they were different.. i liked IF and DD the most, but just perhaps a touch over LC, JJ was a little bit further down, i don't dig that level of broken but hey.

LC and JJ take unexpected and refreshing progression, LC and DD are more conventional, DD is just wow!, IF is crazy fun/cute. I dn't usually do gangsta, but it's LC he's so cool. Marvel is definitely 1 up on the series front over DC cos these are better than than the CW shows.
    I think its pretty pointless to compare these shows to the DC CW shows, the level of quality is miles apart, the same as most Netflix shows compared to network shows. I understand comparing them because they are both comicbook shows, and because they are both "competitors" as it were, but a more solid comparison for Marvel versus DC tv shows would be the CW stuff versus Agents of Shield/Agent Carter, and if you do that you'll quickly figure out the problem isn't DC, but the actual networks themselves. Netflix just does it better.

Netflix just does it better.
    miles better, and you make a good point. The netflix shows do have a much higher standard of quality. Without the xxx material a network like HBO would add if they handled it. I must say though the acting in LC and DD was higher than in JJ and IF - especially LC - but that might be b/c they largely used older actors in LC

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I'd like to point out that most of the reviews do not, in fact, focus entirely on "race politics".
    When the very first "Top Critic" review I see says "Iron Fist's decided unwokeness is notable" and the critic score is half the user score, it's just another reminder why I shouldn't be looking at RT.

When someone says "woke" in an unironic way, it's time to back out of a conversation.

Also, I'm 4 episodes in and it's getting better with each episode.

- - - Updated - - -

essentially the power up levels him to true super hero-dom

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the CW comic shows seem like they've turned into shitty fanfic like Once Upon a Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    When the very first "Top Critic" review I see says "Iron Fist's decided unwokeness is notable" and the critic score is half the user score, it's just another reminder why I shouldn't be looking at RT.

When someone says "woke" in an unironic way, it's time to back out of a conversation.

critics are grossly over rated, unless it truly is a pile of garbage - and there are even people that like that, -- i'd just ignore critic reviews

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    don't watch it then? i rather like alot of the super hero stuff to come out even heroes I've never cared about like luke cage and captain america are getting some really good shows/movies.

- - - Updated - - -

It's gotta be said though, the production quality, writing, scripting and acting is way higher here than it is for the CW dc comic shows
    oh god i think any live action dc stuff is horrible i don't know why they make them so bat when all the animated stuff is sooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    So if I've not finished Luke Cage, will I be spoiled if I watch Iron Fist first?
    No. Claire Templeton is in Iron Fist a fair bit and they make jokes about the bulletproof guy, 'daredevil' and 'drunk P.I.'. Nothing more than that though.

The difference is, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage win fights because they're strong and very hard to injure, they're not supposed to be great fighters from a technical standpoint so one doesn't really need great choreography from them. Iron Fist OTOH is supposed to be one of the best fighters in the entire Marvel universe, and NEEDS great choreography, it's like, you know, the main point of his character, his fighting skills. Just based on the fight scenes, I'm fairly certain Dr. Strange could kick Iron Fist's ass in hand to hand without even using his magic, much less Cap, Bucky, Black Widow, or Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the CW shows seem like they've turned into shitty fanfic like Once Upon a Time.
    Most of Cws shows are dedicated to shipping, marketing towards horny teenagers, and single ladies, i mean i love The Originals to death but even it is a Shipfest with a Vampire skin.

I think the problem with Iron Fist is it lacks anything that elevates it above average. Daredevil had Kingpin, Jessica Jones and had The Purple Man and Luke Cage just had a great style to it. In comparison Iron Fist is pretty bland though I am enjoying it. At least we have the Defenders to look forward to next.

10 episodes in I'd say it's on par to the second half of LC. Still way better then JJ though.