Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Are you saying he wants to cuck all of the living beings on Azeroth by fucking the planet infront of them?
    that's funny, because that's basically what he was going to do to azshara.

most beautiful woman on the planet thinks she's found someone worthy of her, only for him to cuck her with a titanic loli.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's funny, because that's basically what he was going to do to azshara.

most beautiful woman on the planet thinks she's found someone worthy of her, only for him to cuck her with a titanic loli.
    Azshara is actually a cuck confirmed,

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    He's a lot like Illidan in my opinion. They both have "good" intentions (destroying the legion/annihilation of void lords) just, their execution is bad. Hell, if they can redeem Illidan, surely they can do it to....anyone else.

They aren't Garrosh, who believed Orcs to be superior and didn't mind wiping out everyone else just because. Can't really remember why Arthas did what he did, but i'm pretty sure he's in the same boat as Garrosh.
    Arthas wanted the entire world to be Scourge because he believed it would be the only way to create peace and unity to the factions / races. And the only way that Azeroth would be strong enough to survive against the Burning Legion

i will not be surprised if they do a redmption story for sargeras like they did with illidan and in the end he give his powers to us to fight against void lords

Personally, Sargeras as a good guy sounds weird and illogical. So many years, efforts, struggles, deaths, and everything ending like this?

Deleted
    well, I think it is an old news, he is a good guy since aeons past

Deleted
    Sargeras was always one of the protagonists. He is doing all the stuff to prevent the success of the true enemy. If you could rescue the whole universe by sacrifice some ants, you would do it as well. A birth of a new titans body is always connected with the end of life on that planet/egg :-). If argus hatches, the planet will be done. Since argus is fel-infused since thousands of years, the body will not be vulnerable to fel-energy like the usual titan body was.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-03-24 at 09:50 PM.

correction, he wants a titan fuck-buddy.

and sargeras definitely views himself as the good guy.

but he's not testing us for anything. if we join him or not, none of us matter to him. we'll all be killed by him in the end. the legion won't survive the burning crusade either.
    No, he wants Azeroth dead, so the Void Lord can't corrupt it. We're just a roadblock to that goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope he isn't just testing us. I think that worked really well and was cool with the Lich King, but it was a one time trick. I also got sick of being tested and challenged by Odyn 3000 times.

I just want Sargeras to be a depressed evil guy who has an intelligent motive, but pessimistic view of the universe so he decides to kill us because all hope is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    No, he wants Azeroth dead, so the Void Lord can't corrupt it. We're just a roadblock to that goal.
    nope. he had a vision that showed him her beautiful eyes. now he's obsessed in love with her and wants to corrupt her to fel.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    He actually wants our planet alive, as long as it's not too far corrupted. He wants a Titan buddy.
    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure he's trying to destroy every other titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure he's trying to destroy every other titan.
    here's the quote from the artifact lore

"Soon after the War of the Ancients, Sargeras had a vision: the Well of Eternity imploded once again, but this time, it dragged him down to the very core of Azeroth. He was there for only an instant, but in that moment, he saw Azeroth's slumbering world-soul--and in that moment, the world-soul opened one eye and gazed at the Dark Titan. He was enraptured. Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts. He commanded the eredar who forged the scepter to crown it with that lone, wondrous orb. Next to it, the eredar placed two nathrezim wings, a testament to Sargeras's conception of the world-soul: corrupted, demonic, and most importantly, his."

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    Is Sargeras grooming us to be the force that destroys the void lords more powerful than the titans that he leads as a hero into the void, but, testing us by making us kill the burning legion first? Just a theory but i think it could be very plausible seeing as he could get all big and shit and blow us up if he wanted to. I think he is testing us and then is gonna throw us at the void lords as a force that will never give up and that will never corrupt.

What do you guys think?
    Too far fetched. You would be elevating players past god status. Void lords are weaker when materializing in our plane of existence, but it's unknown how powerful they are in their own reality. For us to defeat them, would be leaving our reality (think how far fetched that is), to fight beings of unknown power. That would be elevating players WAY beyond what's reasonable.

I don't understand this need to skip past the entire lore of the game thus far, to jump into fighting Void Lords, if that's even possible. The devs have set up plenty of story to keep the franchise going until they shut it down - the story most likely will be taking out KJ, and using that as a basis to rebuild the Army of Light, which was formed to destroy the Legion, not the Void Lords. The Legion stretches across uncounted worlds, the entire focus of the legion isn't Azeroth alone - although Azeroth is potentially a Titan that can face Void Lords, not players. But hatching Azeroth means losing Azeroth, and if the devs are going to change the game from humans vs orcs on Azeroth to planet traveling demi-gods...I just don't see it happening.

More likely, the whole "Worldstone will keep Azeroth safe from Sargeras forever", and the focus shifts to the Army of Light, and fighting new enemies on new worlds. That's what I'd do. Or, pulling back, and dealing with Ashara and the Old Gods once and for all, before turning attention to things off planet.

I highly doubt the game will ever confront Sargeras (if he ever gets a mortal form), and defeat him, let alone take on Void Lords. That scope is too big for the game to accomodate.

- - - Updated - - -

"Soon after the War of the Ancients, Sargeras had a vision: the Well of Eternity imploded once again, but this time, it dragged him down to the very core of Azeroth. He was there for only an instant, but in that moment, he saw Azeroth's slumbering world-soul--and in that moment, the world-soul opened one eye and gazed at the Dark Titan. He was enraptured. Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts. He commanded the eredar who forged the scepter to crown it with that lone, wondrous orb. Next to it, the eredar placed two nathrezim wings, a testament to Sargeras's conception of the world-soul: corrupted, demonic, and most importantly, his."
    Gotcha. I'm not playing the game, so I didn't catch that. So they're starting to change his mission. *throws up hands in disgust* Here comes the redemption of Sargeras, lol. Gah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Gotcha. I'm not playing the game, so I didn't catch that. So they're starting to change his mission. *throws up hands in disgust* Here comes the redemption of Sargeras, lol. Gah.
    she's actually scared shitless of him like "please save me from this creepy titan pedo"

she don't want none of that. i'm hoping she'll be the one to fight him after she manifests, but she has no way to do so right now while still... incubating? idk what you'd call it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    They aren't Garrosh, who believed Orcs to be superior and didn't mind wiping out everyone else just because. Can't really remember why Arthas did what he did, but i'm pretty sure he's in the same boat as Garrosh.
    Arthas =/= Lich King.

The Lich King simply is the Lich King. The human Arthas practically died the moment he donned that helm (probably even earlier when he picked up Frostmourne). He was nothing more than a host. Also, look up 'Matthias Lehner' (anagram for Arthas Menethil).
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well you remember that trial of crusader also happened, so...
    No one was supposed to die in AT. So nix that idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    Theory: User Begrudge is unorivaginal reposter who steals my year-old ideas.

Two Back in 2015 I even used the phrase Good Guy Sargeras #113

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ame-quot/page6
    stole? quite not. i didnt search to see if it was already talked about obviously, stole ur idea, nah.i was drunk and was wathing the kiljaden and sargeras talk about the way they worded things made it seem like there was some underlying unknown knowledge.
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Is this the Scepter of Sargeras?

Regardless: It's quite interesting. I suppose they have every right to do little retcons like this but it certainly changes the view I had of him and the legion, though that has changed quite a lot already this expansion. I always thought his goal was to destroy the world soul inside the planet so she couldn't be used against him either for the light or the void. I take it his goal is to corrupt her with Fel. I guess because she's a world soul then this can happen. Like... I haven't really seen somebody become mind controlled by the Fel. Void magic yes (see Ysera), but Fel is normally something that is offered to the user or must be taken willingly in some fashion like with demon hunters. Normally Fel magic that is forced upon somebody just kills them from what we've seen. Interesting that possibly isn't always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Is this the Scepter of Sargeras?

Regardless: It's quite interesting. I suppose they have every right to do little retcons like this but it certainly changes the view I had of him and the legion, though that has changed quite a lot already this expansion. I always thought his goal was to destroy the world soul inside the planet so she couldn't be used against him either for the light or the void. I take it his goal is to corrupt her with Fel. I guess because she's a world soul then this can happen. Like... I haven't really seen somebody become mind controlled by the Fel. Void magic yes (see Ysera), but Fel is normally something that is offered to the user or must be taken willingly in some fashion like with demon hunters. Normally Fel magic that is forced upon somebody just kills them from what we've seen. Interesting that possibly isn't always the case.
    i don't think the rest of the legion even knows what he intends to do on azeroth. they all talk about it being burned to ash and blah blah and stuff.

i don't think he's going to mind control her, i think he just thinks she'll want him the moment she's infused with fel. he hasn't stopped to realize that if she is infused with fel, she will definitely be stronger than him and might just kill him anyway. as a world-soul, she was already almost stronger than him pre-fel infusion. after both manifesting and being infused with fel, she'd probably be double his strength. he might get a hell of a lot more than he bargained for.