Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    In defense of my country's principles and highest aspirations? You're damn right I'm angry. Anyone with a shred of morality should be angry about the election of President Pussygrabber, defamer of minorities and friend to Vladmir Putin.

That Donald Trump takes his place in the constellation of great Americans like Ronald Reagan, Dwight Eisenhower, FDR, Woodrow Wilson, Teddy Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington... is an abomination. It is the shame of our age.

How are _you_ not angry that such a disgraceful individual is now forever ascended to the company of some of the greatest leaders men that have lived? The Presidency is diminished. Are your standards so low? Are your dreams for this country so pathetic?

Americans are but the custodians of a noble heritage. We get it from our fore-bearers and pass it to our successors, hopefully better off. And what did you Trumpkins do? You added to that heritage the most deplorable of men.

You're fucking right I'm angry. I just happen to love this country and what it is and could be a hell of a lot more than you Trumpkin frauds who have defiled it do.
    Skroe you aren't America first, you are citizen of the world first. You are a globalist shill. We don't need that, we reject it. Skroe has said very hateful things against our President Trump. I don't like that all.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2017-03-26 at 11:06 AM.

In defense of my country's principles and highest aspirations? You're damn right I'm angry. Anyone with a shred of morality should be angry about the election of President Pussygrabber, defamer of minorities and friend to Vladmir Putin.

That Donald Trump takes his place in the constellation of great Americans like Ronald Reagan, Dwight Eisenhower, FDR, Woodrow Wilson, Teddy Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington... is an abomination. It is the shame of our age.

How are _you_ not angry that such a disgraceful individual is now forever ascended to the company of some of the greatest leaders men that have lived? The Presidency is diminished. Are your standards so low? Are your dreams for this country so pathetic?

Americans are but the custodians of a noble heritage. We get it from our fore-bearers and pass it to our successors, hopefully better off. And what did you Trumpkins do? You added to that heritage the most deplorable of men.

You're fucking right I'm angry. I just happen to love this country and what it is and could be a hell of a lot more than you Trumpkin frauds who have defiled it do.
    You're angry to a point it's unhealthy. You even take it out on others. We ended up with two people that should've probably never made it past the primaries but here we are. You should just accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Skroe you aren't America first, you are citizen of the world first. You are a globalist shill. We don't need that, we reject it. Skroe has said very hateful things against our President Trump. I don't like that all.
    Ah yes, globalism. More alt-right paranoid nonsense. I'll just leave this here. I wrote this in July 2016.

Middle of the work day but I'll say this:

The Obama Administration is on their way out the door in 109 days.

For the past two months they've been utterly desperate... DESPERATE... to engage in a deal with Russia in Syria to share targeting, flight and intelligence information. They have attempted to do this despite the overwhelming disapproval and disagreement of the Pentagon, the State Department and the CIA. Basically yet again, Susan Rice and Ben Rhodes whisper in Barry Obama's ear, and Barry ignores the dozens of people telling him "this is a horrible idea". Don't be surprised. This is the recurring theme of the last 4 years. Obama, being a terrible manager of his staff, tells different people different things, and in the final calculation, always goes with what the people down the hall (Rice, etc.) want to do and not what the people across town (State, Defense) think.

Obama lives in a bubble within his own administration. It's really pathetic.

The administration wants the deal because they know ISIS is now part of Obama's legacy, and they want to clean it up.

I'll look into this story later at sites more reputable than Fox News. But turning the other cheek, even in a situation like this, totally fits the Obama Administration M.O. There is no changing it at this point. All we can do is keep score of how many brain dead moves the moron in charge and his true believer squadron makes before he stops hurting the West in his obscene quest to be an internationally popular citizen of the world.

I will say though, if this indeed happened, while it's far too late (and pointless) to remove Obama from office, it should dog him for the rest of his crap life.

and I wrote this in September 2015.

You're smarter than that. Neocons, Relists, Liberal Internationalists and so forth all have significant overlap. You're making a rather rookie mistake of associating policies or outcomes you disagree with, with a group of people you have a particular dislike for, without considering the order of importance of the positions that make up that group of people.

I am definetly for example, a foreign policy nationalist. I'm that unapologetically. I believe the United States should do whatever is in it's interest and should take a zero-sum approach to it's foreign affairs vis a vis it's enemies and competitors. I wholheartedly, unreservedly reject any kind of "Citizen of the World" nonsense, whereby the US should do things out of a sense of commitment to the human race. I think those gestures - and they are gestures - get the US no gains whatsoever... not in the spaces that matter. The US possesses power greater than the rest of the world combined - financial power... political power... military power. It should not be afraid to use it. A very straightforward example is in comparing the size of the US Foreign Service to the Russian one. US Policy towards Russia pre-Ukraine was ideal in this regard. Russia's foreign service became absolutely swamped. It became a single-issue agency, and that issue was Syria. And it allowed us to expand our agenda in other areas that Russia didn't have the resources to counter us in, such as ties with India, relations in Central Asia, missile defense in the Pacific. We should use our resources an drown the opposition, like this, on a regular basis.

Being a nationalist in foreign policy doesn't make you a neocon, because you can be a realist or a liberal internationalists in that regard. It's a matter of means that issue. Neocons for example, are almost always unilateral. I think that's ridiculous. I think the most important asset US foreign policy is our immense network of allies around the world, who are all the richest, most technologically advanced industrial powers in the world... and by in large are liberal democracies. That's an incredible achievement and incredible resource. Neocons? They treat them shoddily. They don't respect them. Bush's team certainly made the US-French-German split in 2003 far worse because they demanded compliance. We should never demand and never take them for granted. In general, I put my belief on the immense importance of positive relations with allies and diplomacy in general on a level far, far beyond what Neocons do. They're too quick to jump to the military solution. I would see, for example, State department funding hugely increased and foreign aid vastly expanded. Soft-power is power. Neocons are too myopic to think that.

And of course, there is Israel. Neocon's i'd say, love Israel about as much as they love America. I think Israel is a largely worthless ally and should be put on ally-probation. I think paradoxically, they take us for granted. For years both the Bush Administration and Obama Administrations take hard, "no" stances to Israeli settlement building. The Israelis do it anyway. The Israelis engage in increasingly repressive and racist policies against Palestinians and Arabs, and then act surprised when they're condemned. They take our coverage of them in the international community for granted. And worse yet, American politicians seemingly will write blank checks for Israel, with some polls showing some Republicans will support Israel, even when Israeli and the US's interests diverge. That's insane to me. That tells me a relationship has gotten dangerous. Israel and the United States need space... lots of space. Israel is another country. It is not a protectorate. It is not a State. It is a foreign country with foreign leaders and the relationship needs to be renormalized to something with respect to that.
    The problem is, this is nuanced, and the Trumpkins are cartoon characters.

I don't care skroe, we don't care. We want to fumigate the entire IC community and get rid of the cockroaches. Brennan and clapper are both scum and need to be investigated, what they did to our country can never be forgiven.

I don't care skroe, we don't care. We want to fumigate the entire IC community and get rid of the cockroaches. Brennan and clapper are both scum and need to be investigated, what they did to our country can never be forgiven.
    What's the IC? Sorry, non US citizen trying to follow what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Intelligence community. The CIA, FBI, and NSA. All of them full of traitor scum. They are working against our most Magnificent President Trump. They Must be punished severely. I hope our King President Trump brings the military into their offices and snatches all of their hard drives, he can then review those at his leisure and arrest the criminals.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2017-03-26 at 11:38 AM.

Intelligence community. The CIA, FBI, and NSA. All of them full of traitor scum.
    I think you mean they're all full of people desperately trying to save this country from being taken over by Russia.

Also I thought Trump supporters loved the FBI like 3 months ago when they were talking about Clinton, now that Trump won the FBI is suddenly full of traitors? How does that make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I think you mean they're all full of people desperately trying to save this country from being taken over by Russia.

Also I thought Trump supporters loved the FBI like 3 months ago when they were talking about Clinton, now that Trump won the FBI is suddenly full of traitors? How does that make any sense?
    They are breaking the law with all of their leaks, that's not saving the country that is destroying it. Leaking classified information is a felony punishable by 10 years in prison and a 25,000 dollar fine.

Oooh, you're one of those people. So sorry for your loss!

Intelligence Community. The 16 different agencies that make up US intelligence (most of them highly specialized)

Hooked, not an intelligent person let's be clear, is under the delusion that the IC is some Obama nest and needs to be replaced by the military.

As I illustrated to him a bunch of pages ago now:

(1) the IC is largely already military run (as in, the Office of Naval Intelligence is one of the 16 agencies, the NSA head is a military officer, etc).

(2) Unless he wants to have a military take over of things like Treasury department intelligence (he does), you can't "militarize" the IC.

(3) The IC had a dysfunctional relationship with Obama, and the claim that they're his still-serving secret goons is beyond laughable given that relationship. Obama didn't demean them like Trump did. But he spent 8 years handcuffing them.

I mean I'll just offer an example. The Drone War. The most famous Drone ever, the RQ-1 Predator, started life as a CIA Program, not an Air Force one. It was the CIA that first haphazardly married a Hellfire missile to it, and it was the CIA that first killed somebody with it. And for many years, even as the Air Force and Navy got their own drones, the Drone war was largely run by the CIA and it's secret Drone fleet, while the military did more straight up military-style drone attacks (for example, the CIA would drone targets in Pakistan, the Air Force would drone know insurgent leaders in caves in Afghanistan).

This is a cause of historic controversy. The CIA and Pentagon are subject to two different sets of laws regarding armed conflict. While to goons like Hooked that may not matter, the Pentagon, CIA and Congress, it certainly does. Under Bush, the Drone war though remains the CIA's responsibly.

What does Obama do under his administration though? In order to increase accountability and transparency, and to bring the program up to international legal norms (in his lawyers opinions), he moved the Drone War out of the CIA and to the Pentagon, specifically the Air Force. Today, in 2016, the Air Force has more Drone operators than it has F-16 pilots. Demand for Drone Operators is so high the Air Force is having enlisted personnel fly them.

The CIA does not love this and bitterly complains to Congress and anyone who hears it. Furthermore Drone research money has largely moved out of the CIA coffers and into the Pentagon. The CIA which originated drones, no longer operates the country's most advanced ones. In his last year in office, recognizing this new reality and how Drone Warfare and Paramilitary operations have changed the face of the CIA, John Brennan began a roadmap for a major reorganization that would "renorm" the CIA around human intelligence collection and get it back into the great-power spying game, to make drones and paramilitary operations less of a feature in the future. The reorganization is widely lauded by and current CIA personnel as long overdue.

Under Trump, the Drone war has moved back to CIA Control though and the status of the revamp is unclear.

For goons like Hooked to claim the IC and Obama loved each other is laughable. Obama may have revolutionized the drone war - probably his most lasting legacy. But he also put a leash on the CIA and post-Snowden, the NSA, that chaffed both.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are breaking the law with all of their leaks, that's not saving the country that is destroying it. Leaking classified information is a felony punishable by 10 years in prison and a 25,000 dollar fine.
    Unless the leaks are about Democrats, in your view.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor baby. Do you need to retire to your safe space for a few minutes to recover from us lambasting your incompetent shithead of a leader?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Oh I see. I guess that means you want Devin Nunes, the guy who is currently chairman of the United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and served as a member of President Trump's Transition Team, to be arrested/fined right? I mean, just a couple days ago he leaked classified information in public, so there's plenty of evidence to back it up.

Just trying to make sure we're on the same page.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind a king Trump. I honestly don't see how the democrats could ever be allowed to rule again, they hurt us very badly and luckily they were thwarted on finishing the job. I want President Trump and his family to lead us forever.
    How about you get the hell out and move to Iran or North Korea? You'd fit in very well there.

Oh I see. I guess that means you want Devin Nunes, the guy who is currently chairman of the United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and served as a member of President Trump's Transition Team, to be arrested/fined right? I mean, just a couple days ago he leaked classified information in public, so there's plenty of evidence to back it up.

Just trying to make sure we're on the same page.
    Actually, wasn't it Trump who first made the contents of that public, or at least issued that? If so, it would not be leaking classified information. If the president does it or has someone do it, it immediately becomes de-classified information

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Actually, wasn't it Trump who first made the contents of that public, or at least issued that? If so, it would not be leaking classified information. If the president does it or has someone do it, it immediately becomes de-classified information
    Devin Nunes is the one who leaked it to the media, in a press conference, which is completely not following protocol. On top of that considering the investigation is about Trump it should be pretty obvious he's not supposed to go tell Trump everything they find. Of course, since the corruption runs so deep it isn't a surprise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone remember when Snowden happened? Remember how the right insisted that intelligence community leaks were necessary for the good of the country? And the further right they were, the more adamant they were about this.

What happened to all of that transparency loving guys? Leaking Trump's real ties with Russia seems like something desired by anyone who seeks transparency in government. Or was that just blowing smoke out of your collective asses, and the farts sounded like you saying "We need transparencthbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Anyone remember when Snowden happened? Remember how the right insisted that intelligence community leaks were necessary for the good of the country? And the further right they were, the more adamant they were about this.

What happened to all of that transparency loving guys? Leaking Trump's real ties with Russia seems like something desired by anyone who seeks transparency in government. Or was that just blowing smoke out of your collective asses, and the farts sounded like you saying "We need transparencthbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt"
    Yeah, most of what they say sounds like me after I eat a couple fiber one bars. Smells like it too. The Trump supporters now just pretty much sound like Cartman running around saying "respect my authoritah!"
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-03-26 at 12:21 PM.

Devin Nunes is the one who leaked it to the media, in a press conference, which is completely not following protocol. On top of that considering the investigation is about Trump it should be pretty obvious he's not supposed to go tell Trump everything they find. Of course, since the corruption runs so deep it isn't a surprise.
    Yeah of course it is somewhat iffy in that regard. I was just talking about the legality of it though. If he briefed Trump first and the latter gave him the okay to press it out, then it was no longer classified. Details like this are important to treat correctly, in order to not give the other side holes to poke at.

10+ Year Old Account
    You all are really starting to sound like the birthers with this keep showing your true colors.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post

I'm still waiting on that smoking gun evidence that ties Trump to Russia in such a grievous way that a republican held house will actually vote to impeach. Snowden was an issue that blew up in Obama's face. Republicans are now realizing these leaks are dangerous to them too. This is one of those situations where they laughed at the misfortune of others and karma is now knocking on their door.