Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The remaster looks fucking stupid.

Slightly better graphics, and scaled up for 1080p? Damn what an amazing new game it's going to suddenly become! And to top it all off, you have to pay for it instead of them being an actual company that rewards its consumers like it used to and giving it to us who have owned SC/BW for nearly 20 years.

The only way Remaster deserves to have a price attached to it is if they redid the entire graphical style to be like SC2 and built the game up from there. Not just make the graphics look slightly less terrible.

Who gives a shit if it looks like the old game. The old game looks like dogshit now. Its nearly 20 years old.

Mass Recall is way better for the exact same product, and is actually free.

Blizzard just doing what they do well in the last few years: tricking people into buying a subpar product with nostalgia.

With the revelation that this is the only thing they're doing to SC/BW, my hope that they'd ever do a War1/2/3 HD remake is completely dead. That's too much work and they'd rather rake in the cash with RNGstone, Heroes of the Pricetag and Overratedwatch instead than actually continue to support the three franchises that made them so popular.
    The issue here is that you're confusing remaster with remake while letting your views on Blizzard get in the way. Also, if this remake wasn't needed, ShieldBattery would not garner any interest at all.

The issue here is that you're confusing remaster with remake while letting your views on Blizzard get in the way. Also, if this remake wasn't needed, ShieldBattery would not garner any interest at all.
    I'm not confusing anything. I'm saying one of those two things is stupid to me and just a nostalgic cash grab, and certainly not worth paying for.

I'm not confusing anything. I'm saying one of those two things is stupid to me and just a nostalgic cash grab, and certainly not worth paying for.
    I don't think an RTS really qualifies as a cash grab, no matter what game or what iteration of a game it is. Especially one without microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandral View Post
    I don't think an RTS really qualifies as a cash grab, no matter what game or what iteration of a game it is. Especially one without microtransactions.
    Of course it does. Its "slightly" better in terms of graphics, and you can scale it to 4k, but whoop de fucking do. It's something old Blizzard would have just done and given out, rather than sell it.

You don't have to have microtransactions to be a cash grab.

Of course it does. Its "slightly" better in terms of graphics, and you can scale it to 4k, but whoop de fucking do. It's something old Blizzard would have just done and given out, rather than sell it.

You don't have to have microtransactions to be a cash grab.
    The same old Blizzard that released a $40 expansion pack to SC1 just 8 months later while developing an awful Nintendo 64 port of that game? =|

Not sure if OP wants to add the link : https://starcraft.com/en-us/

Gives a good idea on what is being changed and provides a slidescale for several gameplay GIFs. I can't find reason to complain about this move other than what they will charge for it. There are those still playing SC1 today, this provides them better compatibility where other developers/publishers would give similar playerbases the finger.

Next up is the Warcraft RTS games. TBH a remake (not remaster) could be warranted for WC1+2. I'm sure there are many who have not even touched those games.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

It's something old Blizzard would have just done and given out, rather than sell it.
    I don't remember old Blizzard giving out anything.

A game for free was borderline unthinkable in the 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

A game for free
    'cept its not a new game. Its a slight hd upgrade of a nearly 20 year old one.

'cept its not a new game. Its a slight hd upgrade of a nearly 20 year old one.
    Do we know how much they are charging for this remaster?

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Do we know how much they are charging for this remaster?
    Nope, but anything beyond 5 bucks is too much for how little an actual upgrade this is.

My guess is about 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have preferred a remaster of WarCraft 3.

Nope, but anything beyond 5 bucks is too much for how little an actual upgrade this is.

My guess is about 30.
    I'm hoping they go Bethesda style and just give it to those who already have SC1. This is wishful thinking, I admit.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'm hoping they go Bethesda style and just give it to those who already have SC1. This is wishful thinking, I admit.
    The fact that they're giving away the base SC/BW version to everybody signals to me that nobody is getting Remastered for free.

Tbh I won't be getting it. I do buy into remasters now and then but tbh if they are making the older one be able to play with the newer one I see no point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luger View Post
    Who cares, it's Starcraft 1. I've played that game years ago, a minor change to the game isn't gonna make me eager to play it again.
    kool you played the campaign.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Mass recall is infinitely better.

Total waste of time.

Hopefully less than $20

Can't believe Blizzards move here, giving the players something they want I guess there's money in it.

Blizzard is rapidly moving to eSports which where the money is and will be in the future, they want their best RTS title to be big in eSports again.

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    Can't believe Blizzards move here, giving the players something they want I guess there's money in it.

Blizzard is rapidly moving to eSports which where the money is and will be in the future, they want their best RTS title to be big in eSports again.
    I think that's one of the main reason to announce and release BW again with a face lift and compatibilty fixes. Recently Proleague and many teams for SC2 disbanded in South Korea and if you look at twitch, famous former BW pros are back streaming with more viewers than the highest SC2 player.

If you read the interview on TeamLiquid, the dev team wanted to recreate the same BW of the past and invited four pros (Flash, Stork, Bisu and Jaedong) to play the beta build and what they did was to test the micro and give their approval.
    This remaster is clearly targetted to the nostalgic of BW and to give the South Koreans one of their favorite game with functional matchmaking, which is great for the hardcore fans and players of this gem, no wonder it was announced during a korean broadcast and not some mainstream gaming convenction.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post

Attempting to move into ESports. Most of their games, these days, are pretty small in the overall pool of things. LoL/CS are still at the top, and then we have things like Starcraft, WoW Arena or HotS, which are super niche at the moment.

Hearthstone is their biggest game, and even that isn't a huge event for the most part, compared to weekly CS/LoL events.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least we now know where the resources from failed class design in wow went.

Not impressed at all. I would have it it was a warcraft remastered since starch after got a second game recently while warcraft wasn't around for ages.

This company makes. Me scratch my head time and time again