Game Review: The Movie.

Man...I almost want to listen to that but...2 hours? Holy hell >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    I'm always curious when people praise charge. Do you play on insanity with it? As fast as you die, i feel like you can only charge single enemeys.
    No, but playing on insanity is about as fun to me as gouging my eyes out with a spoon. When I can no longer play the game in a fun way difficulty ceases to be relevant to me.

Deleted
    Just started, surprised at how smooth it is running for me. Not that I have an ancient rig, but I didn't think High was possible at 60fps, 1080p though. I might try to see if I can support the native 1440p 144Hz, but I doubt it.

As smooth as overall gameplay is, some of the dialogue scenes have a choppiness to them. It's almost imperceptible, but there's a slight jerkiness to the movements.

I'm already missing the Codex narrator though. What's also bothering me is how different every human looks to the humans we've seen in ME1/2/3. Same for Asari to be honest, it's like the facial bone structure was slightly altered.

I don't know, I'm picking at straws since I'm actually having fun and this game is outright gorgeous, but it's like an itch I can't scratch.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-03-27 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post

I'm already missing the Codex narrator though. What's also bothering me is how different every human looks to the humans we've seen in ME1/2/3. Same for Asari to be honest, it's like the facial bone structure was slightly altered.

I don't know, I'm picking at straws since I'm actually having fun and this game is outright gorgeous, but it's like an itch I can't scratch.
    Well it is a new game engine they are using compared to the other three games. What I don't get is why the character creation is so limited. DA: Inquisition uses the same engine and the character creator was miles ahead of this one. Not a huge deal although when there is so much dialogue in the game with the characters face, it bugs me some.

Other than that, I'm not bothered by the animations. The combat is the best in the series and I quite like the different environments that we visit. The Tasks are definitely mmo like but I've learned not to focus on them. All of the other quests seem pretty decent. I still have a hard time warming up to my character and the story in general though. I miss Shepard and the Reapers but I'll just have to get over that.

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm not too bothered by it, just minor annoyance that will pass once I get used to them.

The jetpack sound is so satisfying, the freedom compared to previous ME games is beyond refreshing.

Did anyone figure out what the random blue light beams on the planets are? They are just seemingly in random areas and disappear slowly.
    I'm not even sure they aren't a graphic bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Also there's hope for Quarian (Drell, Elcor, Hanar) DLC. Because their ark did make it to Andromeda, you didn't just dance there, right?
    Wait, WHAT?? That's actually the reason I danced in the first place.

Can anyone tell me about what happens if I want to play again? I heard it's not different profiles for saves like in previous games.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2017-03-27 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Did anyone figure out what the random blue light beams on the planets are? They are just seemingly in random areas and disappear slowly.
    I'm not even sure they aren't a graphic bug.
    They're markers for the waypoints you have put on the map yourself. The waypoint disappears if you go close enough to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They're markers for the waypoints you have put on the map yourself. The waypoint disappears if you go close enough to it.
    Oh now i am feeling stupid. Thanks though .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yes we are. There is a hologram display of the Tempest in the museum on Aya with the following text: "In Day 45 of Revolution 826, the ship known as the Tempest landed on Aya, and our people made first contact with sentient life from another galaxy, a human called Pathfinder Ryder."
    And yet on Voeld we have quests where an Angara smuggler is employing two Turians and has been working with them for a while. The location of Aya is supposed to be a secret and no milky way species has landed their before Ryder. Or the one where exile milky way people are hired by an Angara to poach those alien whale things.

It is possible all of those happened after Day 45 of Revolution 826 since their is no real time separating the various quests and planet activities. But I doubt it. They likely just recorded the "official" meeting as the first contact rather then the various others. Or it could simply be that no one else met their "rulers" so it wasn't consider first contact by them. Or since Ryder called it first contact they did as well.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No, but playing on insanity is about as fun to me as gouging my eyes out with a spoon. When I can no longer play the game in a fun way difficulty ceases to be relevant to me.
    Why a spoon? Why not an axe?

I agree with the youtube comment on this video.... Vetra's laugh is the cure for cancer.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Just wanted to ask : How can you craft weapons and armors above the level V ? Because I just looted a level VI Krogan Hammer. I hope it's not just loot chances ? Maybe you can craft them in New Game + ?
    When I researched my armor it opened up a second category to research the levels beyond 5. It is silly but they called it "advanced <armor>" rather then "<armor>". I still haven't crafted any of it because I need more uranium to craft the remnant X armor and I haven't progressed far enough to get any sources of it other then deconstructing weapons and armor.

NG+ carriers over your stuff but doesn't seem to really unlock anything special. Other then starting out with weapons you wouldn't normally have.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

NG+ carriers over your stuff but doesn't seem to really unlock anything special. Other then starting out with weapons you wouldn't normally have.
    It does allow one to reconfigure the appearance of both Ryder twins, as well as the chance to play as the other twin without having to start everything from scratch. You start with all the levels, resources, weapons and armor you had when you finished it the first time.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Only a few hours in, the game is really giving me a good creepy exploration vibe so far, the combat is incredible. Only downside is that I have to dump so many bullets into my enemies, feels like headshots don't matter as well.
    Maybe I've been spoiled after having the Paladin pistol early on in my ME3 playthrough.

Finished it, surprisingly, this weekend. I basically only did Eos, and the other planets I don't think I put much if any focus on, certainly didn't 'establish' them, or whatever the terminology was.

You're able to march onto the end portion of the game pretty easily, and able to forgo a lot of the planets (really, I didn't put a lot of extra time into it, with how many other games I have to start right now :P)

So, I sort of unceremoniously beat the game, felt really let down by the final battle, and feel like it was a good ME game (soul of the franchise mostly intact), but I'm not sure it was really needed. ME 1-3 did enough justice for the franchise as is, this one didn't add much to it.

Head shots do matter actually, I've one shot a lot of the regular types of enemies with my sniper rifle with head shots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    So, I sort of unceremoniously beat the game, felt really let down by the final battle, and feel like it was a good ME game (soul of the franchise mostly intact), but I'm not sure it was really needed. ME 1-3 did enough justice for the franchise as is, this one didn't add much to it.
    I haven't finished the game yet, or even close to it but I do agree it really wasn't a needed game. However, it is nice to play in the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I agree with the youtube comment on this video.... Vetra's laugh is the cure for cancer.

If you do that with Drack...well...let's say that I didn't know a Krogan's voice could go this high.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Head shots do matter actually, I've one shot a lot of the regular types of enemies with my sniper rifle with head shots.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't finished the game yet, or even close to it but I do agree it really wasn't a needed game. However, it is nice to play in the same universe.
    Honestly, I think they're trying to make more, which I hard rolled my eyes at. If anyone could make a 2nd trilogy out of a series that could barely survive 1, it's EA.