Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    With the way WQ enemies are now so much tougher, they should be dropping i870 gear left and right. And World Bosses need to be dropping i880 gear MINIMUM.

Even with 7.2, and WQ dropping i860 gear, that's still too low. I am i886, and my alts in the 860 to 870 range, so WQ's are sort of pointless except for AP and Resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Unsubbed and got a refund. Also nice job at moving those goal post. First it was what is time gated, not its they were added.
    Were they added? Yes. Bye then.

Blizzard went full retard with this change.

Can you start them, no. Not sure why you are lying. I never took you as the white knight type.
    Then why are you still here, complaining about something you don't play? Nothing better to do with your time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You shouldn't be able to solo a group quest in current expansion content anyway.
    when you out lvl it and out gear it you should able to,,,, its good for those that wait to come back and do it later
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Can you start them, no. Not sure why you are lying. I never took you as the white knight type.
    "I don't like what you are saying or disagreeing with me on something I dislike about WoW therefore it makes you a white knight"

Really? We are gonna start going down that road? Calling me a "white knight" or "white knight type" even because I don't agree with you. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Then why are you still here, complaining about something you don't play? Nothing better to do with your time?
    I don't know about him, but I came to this thread because I stopped playing, heard about this change, and wanted to see how people were reacting.

So far I've been greatly amused, and do not regret stopping for an instant. Nothing I disliked has improved, and a whole lot else has gone wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I really hope this change weeds out a lot of players. It looks like it is.

I actually hope this change heralds the game moving in a more challenging direction. Blizzard has catered to this lazy-as-fuck, instant-gratification, gimme-gimme-gimme player for FAR too long. Any player that quits or unsubs due to this change... GOOD RIDDANCE.

Begone, weaklings. Go play Wildstar or something.
    Couldn't agree more with you.

Although Wildstar has been said to be on the more "hardcore" side of things.

The more appropriate thing would be to say: "Go play the Sims or something"

10+ Year Old Account
    Of all the dumb things Blizzard has done ... this one takes the taco.

I think we should all just mass quit in protest over this stupid decision.

It wasn't on the PTR, so we know for fact that it was deceitful. I am not one of those guys that usually says this but ... someone needs pink slip.

I actually hope this change heralds the game moving in a more challenging direction. Blizzard has catered to this lazy-as-fuck, instant-gratification, gimme-gimme-gimme player for FAR too long. Any player that quits or unsubs due to this change... GOOD RIDDANCE.

Begone, weaklings. Go play The Sims or something.
    So getting gear is punishing now? Of all the dumb things people post...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    This just in: Unnecesarry complaining now scales with lack of understanding basic math.
    LOL. This is quite amusing.

People in this very thread seem to not understand:

You: 400% more powerful

World Mob: 150% more powerful

You: 250% more powerful than world mobs.

Simple math eludes some ppl on these forums, and im sure on the official forums as well.

Ah yes, anyone who actually wants challenge and reward to be in some way connected or related to one another is a weakling. Interesting definition.

Edit: Though to be fair, Legion's been all over the map with that from the beginning, so it's not like this is all that unusual...

So blizzard is just giving less incentive to doing their world quests. Nice. Now maybe they will work on scaling up the rewards better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    Of all the dumb things Blizzard has done ... this one takes the taco.

I think we should all just mass quit in protest over this stupid decision.

It wasn't on the PTR, so we know for fact that it was deceitful. I am not one of those guys that usually says this but ... someone needs pink slip.
    Such a minor thing to hand someone a pink slip over.

Situation: Dev team discussed the issue, they came to the conclusion that what the initially settled on (no scaling based on ilvl) was the wrong decision.

Solution: Dev team changes initial thought

Result: Actual Gameplay returns as a result.

Serious question to all whiners about this change:

Why do you want to play in a world where you have little to no gameplay (ie using your character's abilities in an intelligent way)? Follow-up question: Whats the point if all you do is hit one button and then right click a corpse to collect virtual loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Ah yes, anyone who actually wants challenge and reward to be in some way connected or related to one another is a weakling. Interesting definition.

Edit: Though to be fair, Legion's been all over the map with that from the beginning, so it's not like this is all that unusual...
    If my math serves me correctly, and correct me if im wrong:

If your health and power increases by 400% due to your ilvl increasing, and the mobs health and power increases 150%, you are still 250% more powerful than the mob as a result of your power increase.

I could be wrong, but last time I checked my arithmetic checks out.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh my God, get a grip you stupid nerd.

They've gutted class complexity, we have four raid difficulties to cater to those even with room-temperature IQs, etc. and you're sitting here thinking that adding tedium to grindy world content is going to herald in a new change to cater to the l33t HxC players?

No. They're going to continue watering down the game where it should be difficult. Now, it looks like they're going to make the things that never have been difficult more and more inconvenient. Let's face it, grinding, daily quests, etc. haven't been hard in years. Difficulty has been concentrated in ranked PvP and Mythic raids.

Doing your entire rotation so that you can pick up bear asses isn't difficult. Nor is running around the absurd amount of vertical terrain they've decided to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Such a minor thing to hand someone a pink slip over.

Situation: Dev team discussed the issue, they came to the conclusion that what the initially settled on (no scaling based on ilvl) was the wrong decision.

Solution: Dev team changes initial thought

Result: Actual Gameplay returns as a result.

Serious question to all whiners about this change:

Why do you want to play in a world where you have little to no gameplay (ie using your character's abilities in an intelligent way)? Follow-up question: Whats the point if all you do is hit one button and then right click a corpse to collect virtual loot?
    Exactly. Leveling should take time and effort. And they have made endgame mobs stronger which is a good thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Think they're doing this because they aren't going to raise the level cap anymore in expansions?

One one hand I welcome the outdoor content to be a bit of a challenge, but I just don't think its plausible for a MMO, where the amount of mobs you often have to wade through to reach your target can tire one out quite quickly. It just further discourages creating any new alts as the time spent doing a bunch of WQ never decreases allowing for playing alts.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    static values are not the same as shifting values right?
    Lmao. That's all I've got to say.
    Have fun with your nonproblem.

Loving the amount of salt in this thread. "Oh my god I might actually have to try and kill a mob now I'm gonna unsub". Man you people would have caved in 10 mins back in my day.