Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Scotland will make Canada great again.
    We're already great. There's none of that nonsense rhetoric going on over here

10+ Year Old Account
    So if Canada becomes Scotland's rebound, who will they end up marrying?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39510351

Really good idea. I'd have to see some cold hard facts to ensure they won't be hurting us but at first glance, I would welcome a territory on the other side of the pond.
    Scotland should get Nova Scotia and help promote Canada's struggling Canadian Gaelic speaking community in Cape Breton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Scotland should get Nova Scotia and help promote Canada's struggling Canadian Gaelic speaking community in Cape Breton.
    Should Scotland be renamed Anus Scotia then?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    I cannot wait until Ireland is the only English speaking country in the EU.
    Saying that Ireland speaks English is generous at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh...so leave Britain only to still end up having the Queen on their money?

Also, I don't really get the rationale that people here having Scottish heritage makes the more willing to side with Scotland on some issues. I have Scottish heritage but I'd still prefer my province over Scotland. If that was how reality really played out, I'd basically be living in new India and within driving distance of new China.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39510351

Really good idea. I'd have to see some cold hard facts to ensure they won't be hurting us but at first glance, I would welcome a territory on the other side of the pond.
    I thought the reason they were upset was because they're forced to leave the EU when the UK leaves. So joining Canada would be fucking stupid if that was the point. Let alone the fact that they're politically too different, little Scotland would have nothing to say against the greater continent of Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Queen Liz would still be their monarch even if they went independent, it is not a republican movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Queen Liz would still be their monarch even if they went independent, it is not a republican movement.
    Ooooh okay, I was never quite clear on if it was total or not. Either way, it seems silly to want independence only to immediately give it back up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Either way, it seems silly to want independence only to immediately give it back up.
    That's what I think of people breaking up and getting a new girlfriend immediately.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, it seems silly to want independence only to immediately give it back up.
    I doubt many (or perhaps any) people in Scotland are interested in this retarded idea, not entirely sure why it got BBC coverage, "Random man says stupid thing."

10+ Year Old Account

Also, I don't really get the rationale that people here having Scottish heritage makes the more willing to side with Scotland on some issues. I have Scottish heritage but I'd still prefer my province over Scotland. If that was how reality really played out, I'd basically be living in new India and within driving distance of new China.
    The people of Scotland have been trying to gain freedom from Britain for centuries. With this move they get that and more. Freedom and a new union that ensures that Scotland has a bright future. What more could you ask for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I doubt many (or perhaps any) people in Scotland are interested in this retarded idea, not entirely sure why it got BBC coverage, "Random man says stupid thing."
    Well, lets be fair, that's a pretty big portion of the news these days. Just add some smart sound credentials and boom, instant clickbait.

The people of Scotland have been trying to gain freedom from Britain for centuries. With this move they get that and more. Freedom and a new union that ensures that Scotland has a bright future. What more could you ask for.
    Well I'd ask for actual freedom personally, not the illusion of freedom, even if it was a more generous version than the current one.

I'm not an expert by any means (CA cat lady speaking) but it sounds like a great idea ^.^ I'd hope there wouldn't be awful downsides for Britain of course, but otherwise it sounds like a pretty reasonable solution for the Scots and also just pretty cool in general.

Newfoundland closer to Canada then Hawaii is to California too, no less! I had no idea--that's pretty stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people of Scotland have been trying to gain freedom from Britain for centuries.
    That makes no sense.

With this move they get that and more. Freedom and a new union that ensures that Scotland has a bright future. What more could you ask for.
    They could ask for a less moronic plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, lets be fair, that's a pretty big portion of the news these days. Just add some smart sound credentials and boom, instant clickbait.
    I thought perhaps he was an important Canadian writer, but his books only seem to have a couple of reviews on Amazon.

It is the equivalent of making a story out of a Tweet that has half a dozen likes, which the BBC is also guilty of, sadly.

Isn't the Commonwealth still a thing? Jamaica, Canada, Scotland, etc.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Think of the Wee and Oui hilarity that will ensue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I'm not an expert by any means (CA cat lady speaking) but it sounds like a great idea ^.^
    Your credentials are equal to those of the man in the article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I'd say CANZUK is more likely to happen.
    I don't want Australia or UK but New Zealand sounds good. Could always use some more scenic destinations.

Never going to happen. This is the first that I have heard anyone talking about it. There is no demand in Scotland for this.

Also, Kalis, fuck you man. We aint all ginger. Robert Pires was a diving bastard, having him as your avatar shows a poor moral grounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.