The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Shepard is a Spectre. Apparently the Spectre intelligence would know more about this than the Council - but not even all Spectres believed in the Reapers. For example, remember this guy:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Jondum_Bau

Here is a part of the e-mail he sends to Shepard:

"My name is Jondum Bau. I'm with Special Tactics & Recon.
    While some still have concerns about your past activities with Cerberus, many of us in ST&R took your warnings about the Reapers seriously."

So, as I understand, Spectres had the Reapers as one of the seriously considered versions, and possibly this is the version that made it to the archives. It still doesn't prove anything about the Council's opinion, or even about the Spectres' opinion overall. Not to mention that the Council would have no reason to lie to Shepard in a private meeting, unlike when addressing the public.

---

Of course, it might just be a usual retcon. Citadel DLC wasn't exactly a standard Mass Effect story.
    The way the specter edition of the record is played - it's quite clear they knew it's not Geth.

The narrative changes from Geth Dreadnought to Unknown Aggressor suspected to be a Reaper and there's the whole slide with data on Sovereign. They also hid the fact that Saren was involved in official version.

It's clearly a cover up.

And they suspected, means they believed. They didn't dismiss that claim in the CLASSIFIED file.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The way the specter edition of the record is played - it's quite clear they knew it's not Geth.

The narrative changes from Geth Dreadnought to Unknown Aggressor suspected to be a Reaper and there's the whole slide with data on Sovereign. They also hid the fact that Saren was involved in official version.

It's clearly a cover up.

And they suspected, means they believed. They didn't dismiss that claim in the CLASSIFIED file.
    Fair enough. But the classified file likely was created very soon after the attack on the Citadel; the memories were still fresh, Shepard was still alive. After Shepard's death, the Council had 2 years of peace to convince themselves that it all was just a bad dream and everything is fine now, and the Reapers are merely a doomsdaying theory blowing what happened out of proportion.

With Shepard's words, "I would call it human nature, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Another thing is that I feel like while they believed Shepard's warning about the reapers, they didn't think they were THAT close. That any future attack, if any, would come decades later, they certainly weren't expecting a full blown invasion less than 2 years.

The Geth attack was just a tiny little scrap compared to the reaper war, and yet it devastated the citadel, it crippled a large chunk of the fleets, etc. I think they just chose not to tell shepard because they weren't sure about her anymore. Disappearing for 2 years, only to come back flying the colors of a xenophobic terrorist group would do that.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    they certainly weren't expecting a full blown invasion less than 2 years.
    But it scared them enough to send everyone to andromeda as fast as fucking possible. Not sure about the exact timeline but people on Kadara know about project overlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Some stuff in the environment can destroyed, like those short hexagonal walls we can use for cover.
    well yes those little things. but just about everything could be broken. and it was awesome. they had a chance to make it even better in Armageddon but they kept it all inside of a cave and it was just. bleh

sure it could be a resource hog but i think it would be a fun aspect. probably make it not work inside of spaceships. or they could and just pray that the mag lock boots work good for the decompression
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    TIL Backlash doesn't just block enemy fire. It reflects it!

Got myself an Asari Duelist and a Falcon in the same box.

Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    sure it could be a resource hog but i think it would be a fun aspect. probably make it not work inside of spaceships. or they could and just pray that the mag lock boots work good for the decompression
    For a game the size and scope of ME:A...getting destructible environments working would have probably tacked on another year+ to its development cycle, if it's technically possible at all on that scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    For a game the size and scope of ME:A...getting destructible environments working would have probably tacked on another year+ to its development cycle, if it's technically possible at all on that scale.
    tacking another year would of given the specific team more time to work on the chat system

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    TIL Backlash doesn't just block enemy fire. It reflects it!

Got myself an Asari Duelist and a Falcon in the same box.
    Yea, just make sure you have a target when you use it or projectiles can go through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    tacking another year would of given the specific team more time to work on the chat system
    There's a chat system?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    There's a chat system?
    No. People have asked for one in MP since ME3MP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    There's a chat system?
    not player to player. i meant to say dialog system
    was this video linked the other day

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Not sure about the exact timeline but people on Kadara know about project overlord.
    Because they were scientists directly working on that project. And the Arks left approximately in same time when Shepard was about to go throught Omega 4 Relay

Here's why Ascendants are stupid. I shoot the orb with an Isharay. Orb goes down. Great. By the time I've reloaded, Orb is back up. Just lost a Silver at Wave 6 because those things regen their shield stupid fast.
    It certainly does go up quickly. But you should be able to get 2 shots in if you don't interrupt your reload. You can also shoot them inside their bubble mid-animation, as long as the orb itself has not spawned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    No. People have asked for one in MP since ME3MP.
    Yea its really aful to enter in public match room and cannot say Hello

Is it just me or does Peebee comment in combat most often? I mean it fits with her being the least serious of the group talking mid fight. She often comments on headshots and melee kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Is it just me or does Peebee comment in combat most often? I mean it fits with her being the least serious of the group talking mid fight. She often comments on headshots and melee kills.
    Her, Drack, and Jaal if you're fighting Kett. Jaal goes into beast mode when you fight Kett sometimes.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    There's just something satisfying about an Anointed getting killed by his own minigun. Asari Duelist using a Falcon, putting up Backlash against an Anointed.

Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    There's just something satisfying about an Anointed getting killed by his own minigun. Asari Duelist using a Falcon, putting up Backlash against an Anointed.

[video=youtube;5zk19gN3bOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zk19gN3bOQ[video]
    Anointed have to be the most annoying enemies in the game, maybe along with Observers. Killing them is always soooooo satisfying no matter the method! My favorite method is sniping them from a large distance, where their minigun isn't of much help: true humiliation.

---

By the way, am I the only one smiling every time I realize, after an obelisk decryption, that the Angara apparently can't play Sudoku?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Dear Multiplayer boxes, kindly stop giving me shitty weapons, and start giving me characters.

Sincerely: Derah.

(Ohh and while we're at it, how about an increase in silver/bronze APEX/Strike Team missions? its becoming impossible to level my six teams when all you keep throwing is gold missions that have a completion ratio of 20% on even my highest teams)

Thank you <3

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)