Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Good for you. All I can say is that I'm enjoying myself and I find it kinda sad that you cannot. I hope you can find some help with that.

If it makes it more enjoyable for you to detract from other people's fun and project your own misery then at least you're getting enjoyment, right?
    I'm simply pointing out that Blizzard has made it so that flight doesn't actually do anything besides cut down on the tedium of doing tasks that you've already done to get flying in the first place.

If you already enjoyed doing those things then flying doesn't really add anything besides making them take less time.

But if you didn't enjoy those things and we're only doing them to get flight, then what did flying actually do for you now that you have it? Are you going to fly faster to things you don't really want to do in order to get things you already have?

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Thats as bad of an argument as antifliers saying "Well they didnt take flying from old zones!"

If you are not flying when flying gets released, you are at an efficiency disadvantage to those that do fly. And efficiency is really at the heart of this. Being able to do WQ quicker, get to friends quicker, get where you want to go in the easiest way you can to accomplish the task.

At least everyone being grounded puts everyone on the same playing field. Not flying when it is available, even if you are an antiflier, is shooting yourself in the foot in terms of getting the work done.
    So you'll be more efficient at doing content you've already done. Great. Tell me again about the great Olympics of WoW where you're competing against the entire playerbase to see who's the most efficient. What's the grand prize for getting more done than the next guy? The idea that you're competing with anyone in wow outside of rated arena or BGs is a lie. Content doesn't go away if someone else gets there first. Bosses don't drop less loot if someone tags them before you. Respawns are a thing.

Because if you really enjoyed the ground experience so much: it is still there. And if you only got flying to be more efficient, then you'll recognize that the value of flight doesn't even come close to matching how much time and effort was required to get it.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-04-18 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    All I do is complete WQs faster. It's not fun like it was in TBC and Wrath, when you actually needed flying to do things.
    Which is why I am dragging my feet to get it just as I did epic flight which I did not get until Sunwell patch. Sure I could of gotten to the instance faster and started summoning the stragglers sooner who got outpaced by a 60% mount, but nah.

Flight is nice to have, just not a need for me outside of AFKing.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-04-18 at 05:13 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Travel time between quests is significantly reduced including making it easier to navigate terrain and avoiding roundabout paths to your destination.
    Hardly 10x faster though. It takes me about 1-2mins to get to an area I need to without flying. Once there Flying has not been needed at all.

10x easier is a massive overexaggeration.

Those devs are such hypocrites, they used to blame flying for lack of immersion and feeling of danger(?) whatever shit you call it, and now they are advertising it as a selling feature of the game, that's just disgusting ffs

Deleted
    Not sure about 10x more funner but at least the world quest bullshit is a lot more tolerable now.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So you'll be more efficient at doing content you've already done. Great. Tell me again about the great Olympics of WoW where you're competing against the entire playerbase to see who's the most efficient. What's the grand prize for getting more done than the next guy? The idea that you're competing with anyone in wow outside of rated arena or BGs is a lie. Content doesn't go away if someone else gets there first. Bosses don't drop less loot if someone tags them before you. Respawns are a thing.
    Ow but you are and thats the sad truth of Legion. Very few people are not compeeting (even people who have no buissnes caring about this stuff but thats another story). At Helya M progression you take the person who has 35 traits over the one who doesn't. For Krosus you take the people with 54 over the ones you don't. For Star Augur you take the people with BiS legendaries over the ones who don't. Yeah getting something before even a guildy has a big impact.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog
    Because if you really enjoyed the ground experience so much: it is still there. And if you only got flying to be more efficient, then you'll recognize that the value of flight doesn't even come close to matching how much time and effort was required to get it.
    Eh, time and effort....? what, exploring the broken isles? because thats about all it takes. Revered rep you get naturally doing WQs for AP, same for Good Suramaritean. Same for Legionfall rep, you need exalted for the eventual Mount. It's taken ~8 months to GET flying wich means i'll be more efficient for AT LEAST the next ... 6 months? Like if Argus gets Canned and ToS is the last raid and a new expansion IMMEDIATELY launches after the 5-6 month tier cycle. Realistically you'll be more efficient for 12+ months , ToS, Argus, pre expansion downtime etc. If blizzards "we gave up on yearly expansions" Shtick is to be believed.

People complaining about flying can go back to their mobas, Wow isn't the same without it and should never be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    what part of flying made quests 10x easier to do? Is there some sort of Mounted Combat I am unaware of?
    It's a simple matter of time. I can finish several zones in the time it used to take to do 4 for a chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    It's a simple matter of time. I can finish several zones in the time it used to take to do 4 for a chest.
    So you do the same shit faster and...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Chest farming is much easier, flying to rare elites is much faster. gathering is much faster. Let's not pretend questing is the only thing flying improves. It's nice all around. This is coming from a no flying supporter
    "improves" and "Makes faster" are two very very different things.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Nope, just made it faster to get over daily portion of grind.

Deleted
    True, world looks great from above.
    But, most benefit from flying is in doing WQs faster, so can play game less time than before and do some other things irl. Or just have more time for an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    Beauty of the zones? With flying every zone might as well be a flat surface like Tanaris.
    And we could question how much of it we see through the nearest mountain.

The content was designed with ground travel in mind.
    Anyone who wishes to do so can still travel on the ground, and we are not telling them they shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    So you do the same shit faster and...

- - - Updated - - -

"improves" and "Makes faster" are two very very different things.
    Yes, they can be the same.
    But what "improves" the experience isn't universal.
    Ignorant assumption it is only about doing the same things in a shorter time.
    It can also be about allowing you do things that you otherwise would have had less opportunity to do.

Don't claim people only want flying for the worst reasons, to find "justification" for your petty hatred.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-04-18 at 08:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I 100% agree that it brought the fun back into the game for me; I made a similar comment the other day in a thread on here. I don't spam WQs, but with flying I can do all the PvP ones across all zones and do the 4 daily ones at a much faster pace. Before it felt like a chore.

Flying in WoW is the same as fast travel in Witcher or Elder Scrolls.
    Doesn't add fun, just speeds up your travel between point A and B. You can argue that less travel time means more time for fun but we all know that once you're done with your "daily must do" tasks you log off or idle until raid starts.
    Like every other time flying was unlocked it's not added or given anything but time to not play the game as much, a relief for many but not a source for more fun.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yep, it's a huge improvement for me too. Should have come in 7.1 for most of the Broken Isles and then a separate achievement to fly in the Broken Shore.
    +1 this. Flying has been made a lot more fun and TBH I wouldn't mind having a pathfinder style achievement per-patch instead of it all being unlocked by a later patch.

There was no real reason we couldn't fly in pre-Shore back in 7.1 since we'd done everything.

Oh and a 10m cooldown on Emerald Winds and 15m cooldown on the kite toy (because fun HAD to be nerfed as always) was toooooooootally acceptable... NOT.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Just unlocked flying. Never been happier.

Absolutely zero difference to me.

Nothing has really changed. I take FP to closest zone point I need to get to, and I fly to the WQ instead of running on the ground....I save LITERALLY SECONDS per each WQ. If the next is far away, I whistle back to FP, and repeat.

Flying makes next to ZERO difference in this game anymore...but yet some of you people act like it's the best and only feature in wow. I really get a kick out of the people who refuse to play, or threaten to stop subbing if they can't fly. Some people.

Deleted
    I think most of my love for flying comes from being on a pvp realm during tbc that was dominated by the opposing faction, like 4-1 in their favour after blizz offered free server transfers this only got worse. Pre flight going anywhere was a mission. You got ganked at the flight point, ganked in the quest zones, ganked leaving towns, ganked inside quest hubs, ganked trying to get into instances. If you were anywhere players needed to congregate you were not safe.

Then TBC hit! first thing I did when I dinged 70 was head to shadowmoon valley and buy epic flight. Finally I was free! I could go anywhere I wanted whenever I wanted and no one could stop me. If I got ganked all I needed was a few seconds on rezzing to mount up and I was away. That feeling of security and freedom is highly likely to be the reason I continue to love flight to this day, even though ive followed my raiding guild onto a pve server.

Just to clarify I enjoy pvp as much as the average player, and participated in my fair share of world pvp. But being on a server so seriously misbalanced was just a horrific experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Flying in WoW is the same as fast travel in Witcher or Elder Scrolls.
    Doesn't add fun, just speeds up your travel between point A and B. You can argue that less travel time means more time for fun but we all know that once you're done with your "daily must do" tasks you log off or idle until raid starts.
    Like every other time flying was unlocked it's not added or given anything but time to not play the game as much, a relief for many but not a source for more fun.
    Pretty much the truth.

World of Warcraft could instead just add a waypoint system, similar to Guild Wars 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Absolutely zero difference to ME
    Just to be clear.......yet, later you imply you are speaking for me or others:

Flying makes next to ZERO difference in this game anymore...but yet some of you people act like it's the best and only feature in wow. I really get a kick out of the people who refuse to play, or threaten to stop subbing if they can't fly. Some people.
    So which is it?
    Makes no difference to you or are you saying it makes no difference to me (and others)?

Because if the latter then you couldn't be more wrong.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long