Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Heh, what is funnier is people like you who want to claim flying is bad but know it's great for the game will try to ridicule it at every time. Everyone already knows this behavior came BEFORE flying was even introduced. It's just now people are trying to find more reasons to dislike flying.

So by the logic of it occurring beforehand should we disable the ability to travel by ground and ground mounts? No and now you start to see how silly all this sounds.
    It's Jaylock. What do you expect?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Flying becoming more common, along with the proliferation of World Quest Group Finder for automated matchmaking, seem to have concocted a perfect storm for enabling super lazy behavior. Quite often now I get paired up with people just sitting with their mount up in the air while the active players do all the objectives for them. Then I presume they simply fly off to the next world quest to repeat the process once they're back from their AFKing.

The last time I remember this stuff happening on such a scale was way back in Burning Crusade patch 2.4, where people would follow you around for that elemental feeding quest since you only needed to be near someone else to also get credit.
    You can pretty much SOLO every WQ, just do that. Or don't use the addon

Nothing new, prior to this people would just drop 1 dot on the mob and continue to run up to the next person fighting a mob and 1 dot it. Prior to that they would wait for you to engage the mob so they could steal the quest item so you would have to repeat the fight over again.

Wows community is toxic, always was and still is.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The quests are already superfast. Woo, it takes me 1 minute vs 3!! Uh... OK.
    Woo! I want to get the 20 world quests done on 7 characters next week and would rather take 2 hours than 6!
    @Lucetia ignoring shitty bait flying posts (nice job mod) this has been pretty noticeably common since flying and is almost exclusively people flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Flying becoming more common, along with the proliferation of World Quest Group Finder for automated matchmaking, seem to have concocted a perfect storm for enabling super lazy behavior. Quite often now I get paired up with people just sitting with their mount up in the air while the active players do all the objectives for them. Then I presume they simply fly off to the next world quest to repeat the process once they're back from their AFKing.

The last time I remember this stuff happening on such a scale was way back in Burning Crusade patch 2.4, where people would follow you around for that elemental feeding quest since you only needed to be near someone else to also get credit.
    deinstall AddOn, problem solved.

If you group with such people you are enabling them to leech. So simply don't install an addon that auto-accepts every last retard.

I agree that leeching definitely is a problem, but this happened before flying also. Don't see why flying to an objective would make you more likely to leech than riding there on the ground. I guess you can't be attacked while flying, but most WQ areas had a spot you could stand without getting aggroed.

Be like me and don't use that addon, nor join those groups.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    But...but...but...flying makes the game better. Everybody said so!
    /s

Also, I can't help but appreciate the irony of your name in this topic.
    Flying does make the game better. Not a single world quest actually requires a group of people except for the weekly world bosses. So anyone who is grouping up in the first place is already lazy and doesn't really have any right to complain about other lazy people not pulling their weight. Just like any other content in the game, if you simply prefer to do WQ in a group, do them with people you trust and not random pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    But...but...but...flying makes the game better. Everybody said so!
    /s
    Yeah, because without flying people weren't doing same thing.
    /s

OT:
    Kick them.
    You're not a leader? Leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what happens when absolutely core progression is tied to repetitive dailies.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I am watching TV shows while leeching on all available WQs. I do not care. You are not doing them slower with leecher up, even with 3 leechers up, when there is at least one guy helping you from 5-man group, you are doing it faster than at your own. Are you mad? I still do not care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did no one see the sarcasm in my post? Wasn't meant to be taken seriously people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Heh, what is funnier is people like you who want to claim flying is bad but know it's great for the game will try to ridicule it at every time. Everyone already knows this behavior came BEFORE flying was even introduced. It's just now people are trying to find more reasons to dislike flying.

So by the logic of it occurring beforehand should we disable the ability to travel by ground and ground mounts? No and now you start to see how silly all this sounds.
    Do you even read what you post before posting?

Again, is it okay to promote the behavior just because its happened before? No.

People are leeching everywhere, not only in WQ. Afkers in LFR are one example. Gold beggars "for flying / wow token / whatever stupid reason" are another. Before multi tap nodes people would steal the nodes from players fighting the mob next to the node (and they still do it with quest objectives, some of them are multi tap some aren't).

And in the particular case, it's not flying that facilitates laziness, but WQGF addon and generally cross realm group finder tool. It's both a blessing and a bane. Yes, group finder was a help to people without a guild, or on a low pop realm, or those who play at off hours. On the other hand, since its inception Blizzard had to implement multiple "damage control" fixes to curb the rampant cases of abuse, things like restricting realm-hopping to a zone / sub-continent and forced personal loot on pugs was a direct response to abominations sprouted from the group finder tool.

Anonymity breeds assholery and abundance of groups and ease of jumping in jumping out makes it extremely low risk to be a dick and get away with it.

And there is no easy solution to this problem that wouldn't backfire on some portion of the playerbase who actually wants to use the tools like group finder in reasonable ways.

Things like multi-tap on herb / ore nodes and mobs wasn't a solution, was there just to alleviate annoyance from people stealing your nodes when you're in combat or tagging mobs with instants like shadow word pain, moonfire, etc. and "greying" the mob you were just casting at / running towards.

The whole questing system isn't well designed to now try to make anti-leeching safeguards to it, if there are quests you have to do yourself like jump on the wine or ride a mana saber, people hate them. Majority of stuff revolves around killing mobs and it's already biased towards mass aoe specs and against single target specs or healers.

I'm wondering, what kind of solution would people suggest to solve leecher problem in MMO except forcing solo play which goes against the spirit of MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    who groups for world quests??
    tons of people

today i did that raven nest world quest in stormheim in like 5seconds, the addon is great
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you even read what you post before posting?

Again, is it okay to promote the behavior just because its happened before? No.
    Oh I do. The thing you guys are complaining about is the behavior then turn around and blame it on flying. You fail to recognize the behavior existed before that. So since everything in the game contributed to this prior to flying should we disable everything? I mean at this point might as well say "You aren't allowed to group with anyone and it's all solo". Because of the following:

Auto-Grouping = Leeches on World Quest
    Manually Invite People = Leeches on World Quests/Quests
    Inviting People to Raids = Can equal leeches in raid/ninja's/etc

And the list literally goes on and on.

Again, perhaps you should before asking questions like this when you already know the answers and know it resulted way before the main thing you are complaining about (flying) and that if you want it removed from here you need to literally remove it from everything else in the game since it causes the same issue.

@Lucetia the correct tools allow people who wouldn't normally leech, to leech. In this case it's a combination of WQGF & flying. It was far less prominent the rest of the expansion before flying despite WQGF being around, and just flying wouldn't lead to as many (although certainly still enough based on tanaan dailies)
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    @Lucetia the correct tools allow people who wouldn't normally leech, to leech. In this case it's a combination of WQGF & flying. It was far less prominent the rest of the expansion before flying despite WQGF being around, and just flying wouldn't lead to as many (although certainly still enough based on tanaan dailies)
    That's the problem have. The tools. So again, let's disable all the tools that are capable of doing this (grouping) or let's require credit not to share. People want to bury their head in the sand and say "Oh flying made it worse". No it's the same. The only difference is that it is more easily seen visually than before.

By 'more easily seen visually' you mean 'happening more' in this case, since it's obvious as fuck when someone is leeching a WQ. The areas are small and you can see if they're doing the quest or sitting afk (or a bot in suramar)

Flying means they can leech without people getting them killed, most often. I imagine that happens a lot - I used to do it in wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    This was happening before, you are just noticing it now because of your *very* clear bias against this type of behavior.

Not saying you are wrong, just that it existed before, but is just more visible now with the addition of the flying models.
    Exactly.

People acting as if it's something new which flying brought with it, are just showing how desperate they are.