Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    They're going to be classed as warglaives in the transmog window.
    No reason they can't make a set classed as Swords for War and Rogue.

Warriors, and Rogues CANNOT equip warglaives.The old glaives were swords due to lack of a warglaive weapon type.
    Also no reason they can't just let them, if they were able to equip warglaives in the past, regardless of whether or not they were incorrectly classified as swords for the sake of convenience (and make no mistake, convenience IS the only reason they were classified as swords), they should be able to use them now if they could before.

newer version will use the wargalive animation set
    And no reason they can't make it use the sword animation for Rogues and Warriors, it already works perfectly fine with those animations.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-19 at 10:01 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I don't think the point of releasing the warglaive transmog is to celebrate BT in a nostalgic way; it's a new experience for people that celebrates Illidan's storyline in BT.

This is the primary reason I can understand why the transmog is limited to demon hunters. They aren't trying to give players the nostalgia of having the warglaives on their rogue or warrior in BT; they're trying to celebrate Illidan's iconic weapons in the most fitting way. To allow them for rogues and warriors instead of only the members of the Illidari would be a slap in the face to Illidan.

To further my point, since when has timewalking ever been about nostalgia? It's always never felt nostalgic because even though the content looks the same and has similar mechanics, the player classes are completely different and the scaling is different as well. In BC, for example, paladin tanks had to use spell power weapons, and tanks in general had to become 'uncrittable' before doing any sort of raids. Defense was a stat on armor, and so was armor pen.
    Last edited by JasonWuzHear; 2017-04-20 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    To give them to rogues or warriors instead of members of the Illidari would be a slap in the face to Illidan.

Pump the breaks there buddy, who the hell said anything about "instead of"? I know I didn't and I haven't seen anyone else... I want Rogues and Warriors to have access to the transmog in addition to Demon Hunters, not instead of, I don't want to take anything away from DH except their special snowflake syndrome.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-19 at 10:27 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Pretty sure the one reason this was available to warriors and rogues in the first place was because there were the only dual-wield melee classes at the time, and DHs were not in the game. These classes get to keep the old Warglaives as a legacy bonus, but DHs get to exclusively transmog the iconic weapons of the most iconic Demon Hunter. As a Fury Warrior main, that sounds fair to me, especially since there are precious few Warglaives skins to begin with.

glad it's not some rng timewalking drop. already farmed glaives on my DH months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Pump the breaks there buddy, who the hell said anything about "instead of"? I know I didn't and I haven't seen anyone else... I want Rogues and Warriors to have access to the transmog in addition to Demon Hunters, not instead of, I don't want to take anything away from DH except their special snowflake syndrome.
    I meant to say including rogue's and warriors. I edited my post to change that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Schattenlied you are one obnoxious guy you know?
    The WgoA were swords back then because demon hunters did not exist. So instead they were made into dual wield swords so warriors and rogues could use them. Later on DK and monks were added and hunters had to miss out on them.

Now that we have demon hunters who only have small selection of glaive mogs and a weapon many people like it's an obvious solution to make their transmog drop for demon hunters only.
    Heck, you know what? The only reason they are NOT an actual artifact appearance like the new thunderfury that went to rogues is because the Glaives will most likely NOT get a redesign, or perhaps because there wasn't enough space in the artifact appearance window i dunno.

So rogues got thunderfury, retri paladins got corrupted ashbringer and warriors, DK, and monks got the shaft. Who knows those classes might get something worthwhile down the line but so far, nothing.
    I agree completely with you!
    Warglaives of Azzinoth are Illidans GLAIVES and not SWORDS, so other classes can´t wield them - so they shouldn´t transmog them!
    Illidan is our boss - the greatest DEMON HUNTER, so it´s a glory for us to wield his GLAIVES - no other class should wear his GLAIVES, because it´s OUR boss!
    I hope they will stay at this opinion, because it would be very strange if rouges etc. would carry the weapons of OUR boss

Took me a year and a half the farm the original ones on my rogue, all be it cause I got unlucky. Still it better not be that bad this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    I meant to say including rogue's and warriors. I edited my post to change that.
    ok.

instead of only the members of the Illidari would be a slap in the face to Illidan.
    He was being kind of a douche at the time, he deserved the slap in the face, and I slapped him in the face, repeatedly, like, a whole fuckin lot to get mine, so did a lot of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Schattenlied you are one obnoxious guy you know?
    So are you.

So instead they were made into dual wield swords so warriors and rogues could use them.
    They were made into swords because the devs couldn't be arsed to make a whole new weapon type for one weapon drop (and I don't blame them, they CAN be classified as swords easily enough, just a sword with 2 blades instead of 1), they made them swords because it was convenient, not because they didn't want Warriors and Rogues to be able to use glaives, if they didn't want them to use glaives, they would have left TWGoA out of the game entirely, they could have very easily not included that legendary at all... Wether the game calls them swords or not for the sake of convenience, they ARE warglaives, it's in the fuckin name, and Warriors and Rogues have been able to equip them for 10 years now, therefore I say if anyone is able to transmog them, they should be able to as well.

So rogues got thunderfury
    They got a "meh" reskin of it, but ok.

retri paladins got corrupted ashbringer
    They got a god awful abomination of a reskin that in no way resembles the original corrupted ashbringer... At least Rogue's TF reskin was close.

and warriors
    Well, here's an opportunity to give Warriors a legendary skin for Fury that is the only goddamn DW legendary fury has ever gotten.

Arms, DK, and Ret will probly get Shadowmourne at some point if the start letting other legendaries be transmogged, and they really ought to... My hunter has a Thori'dal just waiting for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzebubGER View Post
    so it´s a glory for us to wield his GLAIVES - no other class should wear his GLAIVES, because it´s OUR boss!
    And it's a glory for us to wield them, because we killed his ass for them.

because it would be very strange if rouges etc. would carry the weapons of OUR boss
    Well maybe you silly bastards shouldn't have ran off and let us kill him!

Keep in mind, you are essentially going back in time and murdering your "boss" that you claim to respect so much so that you can steal his weapons... So don't act like you had any "right" to them more than we do. Regardless of whether you are a DH or not, you murdered him and stole them, same as us.

We earned them same as you, we can equip them same as you, we should be able to transmog them same as you.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-20 at 06:48 AM.

No reason they can't make a set classed as Swords for War and Rogue.

Also no reason they can't just let them, if they were able to equip warglaives in the past, regardless of whether or not they were incorrectly classified as swords for the sake of convenience (and make no mistake, convenience IS the only reason they were classified as swords), they should be able to use them now if they could before.

And no reason they can't make it use the sword animation for Rogues and Warriors, it already works perfectly fine with those animations.
    You are a huge dork. Not gonna happen, kid. Reroll to DH now, quick!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire View Post
    You are a huge dork. Not gonna happen, kid. Reroll to DH now, quick!
    If your lazy ass bothered to actually read the thread you would know I already have one that I play regularly.

Deleted
    ok.

He was being kind of a douche at the time, he deserved the slap in the face, and I slapped him in the face, repeatedly, like, a whole fuckin lot to get mine, so did a lot of other people.

So are you.

They were made into swords because the devs couldn't be arsed to make a whole new weapon type for one weapon drop (and I don't blame them, they CAN be classified as swords easily enough, just a sword with 2 blades instead of 1), they made them swords because it was convenient, not because they didn't want Warriors and Rogues to be able to use glaives, if they didn't want them to use glaives, they would have left TWGoA out of the game entirely, they could have very easily not included that legendary at all... Wether the game calls them swords or not for the sake of convenience, they ARE warglaives, it's in the fuckin name, and Warriors and Rogues have been able to equip them for 10 years now, therefore I say if anyone is able to transmog them, they should be able to as well.

They got a "meh" reskin of it, but ok.

They got a god awful abomination of a reskin that in no way resembles the original corrupted ashbringer... At least Rogue's TF reskin was close.

Well, here's an opportunity to give Warriors a legendary skin for Fury that is the only goddamn DW legendary fury has ever gotten.

Arms, DK, and Ret will probly get Shadowmourne at some point if the start letting other legendaries be transmogged, and they really ought to... My hunter has a Thori'dal just waiting for the day.

And it's a glory for us to wield them, because we killed his ass for them.

Well maybe you silly bastards shouldn't have ran off and let us kill him!

Keep in mind, you are essentially going back in time and murdering your "boss" that you claim to respect so much so that you can steal his weapons... So don't act like you had any "right" to them more than we do. Regardless of whether you are a DH or not, you murdered him and stole them, same as us.

We earned them same as you, we can equip them same as you, we should be able to transmog them same as you.
    Right you killed him and have stolen his weapons - to this time we didn´t exist, so we couldn´t protect our boss or at least his weapons from the idiots who thought "Yeah we have the might to wear this...".

Back in timewalking we´re protecting this glaives from you! Because of this we take them and do what the archievement also says "I'll hold these for you until you get out"! We don´t steal our bosses glaives - we just protect them from them who want them

You try to loot them but we take and escape with them !

So you had them but now in the present we know that we have to protect this glaives from you because they belong to us and our boss Illidan. We have to defeat him because it´s necessary - but we will not steal his glaives - but you want to!

This is it !
    Last edited by mmoc3a30ab9f73; 2017-04-20 at 07:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzebubGER View Post
    Back in timewalking we´re protecting this glaives from you! Because of this we take them and do what the archievement also says "I'll hold these for you until you get out"! We don´t steal our bosses glaives - we just protect them from them who want them

You try to loot them but we take and escape with them !

So you had them but now in the present we know that we have to protect this glaives from you because they belong to us and our boss Illidan. We have to defeat him because it´s necessary - but we will not steal his glaives - but you want to!

This is it !
    You may want to go re check the unlock requirements, because this is 100% not how it works.

You need to have the original Warglaives from the original lvl 70 raid, then you go kill Illidan in timewalking to get the transmog unlock.

You are going back to BC, betraying Illidan to Maiev Shadowsong and murdering him, stealing his weapons, and then going back in time again and waving them in his face saying "hey you don't remember but I killed you and stole your weapons, can you let me make my other weapons look like these after I kill you again?".

You may want to go re check the unlock requirements, because this is 100% not how it works.

You need to have the original Warglaives from the original lvl 70 raid, then you go kill Illidan in timewalking to get the transmog unlock.

You are going back to BC, betraying Illidan to Maiev Shadowsong and murdering him, stealing his weapons, and then going back in time again and waving them in his face saying "hey you don't remember but I killed you and stole your weapons, can you let me make my other weapons look like these after I kill you again?".
    Hear me you little pieace of horse shit , stop spamming this thread with your shity crying reasong over the Warglaives . WARGLAIVES are DH Weapons , You Will Not Be Getting IT OK ? NEVER !!!! Stop spamming freaking nerd , Idc how much time u FARMED them only to SEE DH MOGING THEM , None Gives A SHIT ABOUT THAT . GO MAKE A DH AND MOG THEM , STFU Already , I am freaking sick of you , go fire your complexes somewhere else ,GO WRITE AN EMAIL TO BLIZZARD EXPLAINING WHY WARGLAIVES MUST ME TMOGABLE TO WARRS AND ROGUES AND ETC , None , LITERALLY NONE WANTS TO LISTEN TO YOUR BULLCRAP ANYMORE , FREAKING NERDY PIECE OF GARBAGE HORSE SHIT .

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2017-04-20 at 09:03 AM. Reason: INFRACTION

Deleted
    The warglaives will not be a drop, it's a reward from an achievement that you get when you kill Illidan in the Black Temple Timewalking raid with the ''Warglaives of Azzinoth'' FoS achievement achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Yes. You need to get the original Warglaives from BT in TBC, then just complete the timewalking raid and you get the tmog.
    The question is though, does your DH have to be the one with the achievement or is it general on your account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver View Post
    The question is though, does your DH have to be the one with the achievement or is it general on your account
    Well it says "not yet earned / earned with", so I think you'll nee them on your DH...

On the other topic, even if fury could learn the WoA transmog, they even couldn't use it because they are one-handed? So the only other specc who could really use them, are Outlaws and Frost DK, because of weapon type restriction (If they would keep them sword type)

Blizzard could just answer that one goddamn question about the achievement because its like 50/50 here and noone is sure. I have 1 piece of warglaives(mainh) on 2 characters. dont know if i should lose time to do BT on these 2 chars or just only DH.

I hope that you will have them on your DH or else it wont drop. It should be somewhat rare.

Also guess what dropped from Illidad for me today :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    I hope that you will have them on your DH or else it wont drop. It should be somewhat rare.

Also guess what dropped from Illidad for me today :P
    Stop being a brat just because you got it today!
    If you wouldnt get it you would be like plz blizz we DH need that skin.