Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No its not.

If you're complaining about the friend zone just think logically: Would you be her friend if you didn't want to fuck her?

1) Yes - Then you're not friend zoned, you're just her friend.
    2) No - Then why are you still hanging out with her?
    2a) You're too pussy to break things off with her, and prolly why she doesn't want to fuck with you.

Its not some diabolical term or maliciousness, its just you like someone as a friend and don't want to sleep with them. I don't understand why that is such a hard concept to grasp people will claim its non-existence. Its like some of you've never had a friend of the gender you are attracted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Precisely my point. Communication is the issue. If men didn't view women as some different species (and vice versa), communication would be easier therefore removing the "Friend Zone".
    They don't view them as a different species. Men don't want to procreate with other species, they want to do it with human women, as they're biologically programmed to. Communication is the issue, you're right there. Communicating to the other person, after you've judged them as dating material or not, that you're only interested in them on a level of friendship and not dedicating your life to them. The problem is not the fact that men and women weigh the opposite sex first for a sexual relationship and then friendship as an after-thought. A vast majority of single adult people, on first glimpse of a person are weighing their physical attractiveness subconsciously, immediately followed by the search for attributes you find desirable.

Yes, it's real. If you ask a PUA about it they'll tell you it happens when you manage to build report with someone but you failed at building attraction. The reason it's called a friend-zone is that once you reach that state of having report but without attraction, it's very hard to go back and start building attraction with someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Its not some diabolical term or maliciousness, its just you like someone as a friend and don't want to sleep with them. I don't understand why that is such a hard concept to grasp people will claim its non-existence. Its like some of you've never had a friend of the gender you are attracted to.
    Just for reference, since there seems to be multiple interpretations of the Friend Zone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friend_zone

"In popular culture, the friend zone is a situation in which one member of a friendship wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not.[1][2][3] It is generally considered to be an undesirable or dreaded[4] situation by the rejected person.[5] The sense of zone is one of being stuck in an unwanted and distant relationship. The rejected person is said to have been put "in" the object of their affection's "friend zone", and this can be verbified, as in the sentence "So, she's friendzoned you."[6]

The concept of the friend zone has been criticized as misogynistic, because of a belief that the concept implies an expectation that women should have sex with men whom they have no interest in, simply because they were nice to them.[7][8][9] This is closely associated with so-called "nice guy syndrome"."
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    No its not.

If you're complaining about the friend zone just think logically: Would you be her friend if you didn't want to fuck her?

1) Yes - Then you're not friend zoned, you're just her friend.
    2) No - Then why are you still hanging out with her? Because you want to bang her, welcome to the friend-zone
    2a) You're too pussy to break things off with her, and prolly why she doesn't want to fuck with you.
    You just described exactly what the friend-zone is. It's the "why are you still hanging out" explanation. It's the situation where you want to be with someone, they don't want to be with you but they like you as a friend. You either aren't aware you have no shot right now with him/her, or you're choosing to ignore his/her signals or communication. It's literally the definition for being in that state where one side is wanting more than the other, and in pursuit of a further relationship that's not reciprocated.

You forgot another option:

1a) Yes, you'd be her friend even if you didn't want to bang her, but you DO want to bang her and are actively trying all the time to do so. (This is also the friend-zone). Friends don't try to bang you everyday.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2017-04-25 at 02:24 PM.

Certainly. It exists, though taking it as a personal affront is irrational. Unless it IS a personal affront, such emotional abuse cannot be ruled out entirely. I'd wager many cases of the term being used is simply bitterness, but to think there are no cruel men and women who abuse it is short-sighted.
    Last edited by turboether; 2017-04-25 at 02:24 PM.

Of course it's not.

Now brb while I help my cute neighbor friend. She asked me to move some furniture then winked at me. Has happened a couple times now, I think she might finally be interested!

No. It's just a poor excuse because you want something (sex mainly) with a woman/man who does not like you/wants nothing with you and only sees you as a friend. No more to discus.

Edit: I say poor / pathetic excuse because I see people use it to complain, usually because they only become friends for interest when they get: to get closer and get what they want, but when it's denied they rage.

So the word is rejection.

Add:

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Just for reference, since there seems to be multiple interpretations of the Friend Zone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friend_zone

"In popular culture, the friend zone is a situation in which one member of a friendship wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not.[1][2][3] It is generally considered to be an undesirable or dreaded[4] situation by the rejected person.[5] The sense of zone is one of being stuck in an unwanted and distant relationship. The rejected person is said to have been put "in" the object of their affection's "friend zone", and this can be verbified, as in the sentence "So, she's friendzoned you."[6]

The concept of the friend zone has been criticized as misogynistic, because of a belief that the concept implies an expectation that women should have sex with men whom they have no interest in, simply because they were nice to them.[7][8][9] This is closely associated with so-called "nice guy syndrome"."
    And I also add in some cases they started frienship bc this reason so it's not true friendship.
    Last edited by Lionwoman; 2017-04-25 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I have some friends complaining about it. I told them to move on, but they keep saying they keep getting friend zoned. Is it a real thing?
    yep it is for sure

Deleted
    I have some friends complaining about it. I told them to move on, but they keep saying they keep getting friend zoned. Is it a real thing?
    Every man knows that its a real thing(even Illidan knows it). Its been around ever since mankind.

If you are confused about the word "friend-zone"... Maybe the other word would be, "I see you as a brother"(unless you like to bang your brother, it should be easy to relate to). Basicly a friendzoned guy is worth less than a dildo, but surely a nice guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Every man knows that its a real thing(even Illidan knows it). Its been around ever since mankind.

If you are confused about the word "friend-zone"... Maybe the other word would be, "I see you as a brother"(unless you like to bang your brother, it should be easy to relate to). Basicly a friendzoned guy is worth less than a dildo, but surely a nice guy.
    I feel there is a difference between being a friend, and being in the friend zone.

Friend = accepted there is no romantic situation and moved on, but stay friends.

Friend Zone = Does not accept the absence of romantic feelings, and stays friends while awaiting an opportunity to try for a romantic relationship and does not move on.

I see the friend zone as self inflicted. You can choose to move on, but instead decide to stay and lurk and wait.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

It's the feeling of entitlement that you THINK you should get pussy but she's just not interested.

It also works the other way around.

Imagine a kid saying he's being "childzoned" by his parents cuz they won't let him go out on a weekday.

All this shit is basically just people being offended at their own situation, they want more, regardless of their situation or the interests of people around them.

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    I disagree. There needs to be self awareness of the situation and to have the realization that most people who attempt to stay friends with someone whom they have a romantic interest in yet it is a one way street are only setting up for disappointment since too many people will stay on the miracle the stars align and my fedora tipping techniques will woo m'lady.

Reality check this almost never happens. So unless you want to sit there and enjoy cuck-lite in which you attempt to be friends with this person and watch them be happy where you feel like you cannot be happy without being intimate with this person, do yourself a favor and distance yourself.
    Like that new taco burrito commercial from taco bell, once hot ass Alexa Wisener hooks up with the brotha, dude should have just moved on cuz at that point, there was no chance. She went black. It was over. I feel you, dawg.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Yes it is. The friendzone is a woman manipulating a dude's feelings for her in order to get an orbiter that will provide her with boyfriend perks-- activities, emotional support, confidence boosters-- but without actually fucking the guy.

They dangle the POSSIBILITY of a relationship in front of them, but have no plans of actually being with them.

The good part is that at any moment you can say '' wait, I'm being used, fuck that '' and block her. The bad part is that it's human nature to delude yourself that there's a chance.

Men sometimes do it, but when men need emotional support/activities and stuff like that they have their bros to talk with.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-04-25 at 02:41 PM.

Don't be 'nice guy' and friendzone will stop being an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I feel there is a difference between being a friend, and being in the friend zone.

Friend = accepted there is no romantic situation and moved on, but stay friends.

Friend Zone = Does not accept the absence of romantic feelings, and stays friends while awaiting an opportunity to try for a romantic relationship and does not move on.

I see the friend zone as self inflicted. You can choose to move on, but instead decide to stay and lurk and wait.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    No it isn't.

People use it as some sort of excuse just because other people - generally women - doesn't want to instantly jump in bed with them.

Sensible people actually understand that men and women sometimes just want to be friends. It's not more complicated than that.
    That's not the friendzone. That's rejection.

Friendzone isn't rejection, it's " Let's just be friends for now, since I have better dating prospects. But I'll give you hope because I like having you around "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Basicly a friendzoned guy is worth less than a dildo, but surely a nice guy.
    I don't get this mentality. You wouldn't talk like that about any friend of the same gender (I assume?), so why should it apply to someone from the opposite one?
    What is objectively wrong with wanting to have a male friend (as a woman) and vice versa? I mean, it's one thing if someone is lead on constantly, and made believe that something more could come from it - but if the other person makes it clear that no romantic feelings are involved on their end, but still wants to remain friends, it's just a normal friendship like every other to them.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    for her in order to get an orbiter that will provide her with boyfriend perks-- activities, emotional support, confidence boosters--
    I mean, I realize that this might vary from person to person, but...isn't that what (somewhat good) friends usually do for each other too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Don't be 'nice guy' and friendzone will stop being an issue.
    Don't tell people to be retards.