Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The lack of interest in the content of the emails is kind of interesting. Is there just basically nothing there that's all that scandalous?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The lack of interest in the content of the emails is kind of interesting. Is there just basically nothing there that's all that scandalous?
    Those who speak French freely and can publish are mostly in France where they have that pre-election media blackout. They are probably reading and searching but cannot publish; and 9GB is a lot of reading anyway.

If there is something damning and not forged inside it'll only come out after elections - and it'll probably be limited to French media (unless Russian angle will keep that story in general Western media focus).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Those who speak French freely and can publish are mostly in France where they have that pre-election media blackout. They are probably reading and searching but cannot publish; and 9GB is a lot of reading anyway.

If there is something damning and not forged inside it'll only come out after elections - and it'll probably be limited to French media (unless Russian angle will keep that story in general Western media focus).
    I highly doubt there will be anything bad in it anyway, they were probably very careful due to the Hillary Clinton witch hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I really doubt those leaks came from within France, American alt rigthers are far more likely.
    Nope, was the Russians again.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7721796.html

Russia is swiftly becoming the enemy of Democracy just like the USSR was.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    No, I'm just making the observation that someone who virtually always sides with conservatives on this board is not an independent in any practical sense. And that I've seen that flimsy defense enough times that it's gotten boring.
    I wouldn't state "always". Just admit it, you are of the ilk, "if you don't agree with my views you must disagree agree with my views". There is no in between.
    Still waiting on those quotes by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    They exist, definitely. But I'm sorry to tell you that hardline R voters, you know, the sort that wouldn't vote non-R even if their lives depended on it, are not those independents. That's not what the word means, at all.
    That may be true. Have I ever publicly stated who I voted for in any election? As far as I know, it isn't anyone's business who one votes for in an election.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-07 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    No, I'm just making the observation that someone who virtually always sides with conservatives on this board is not an independent in any practical sense. And that I've seen that flimsy defense enough times that it's gotten boring.
    Being independent only means you are not specifically aligned with any party. It has no bearing on where you fall on the spectrum of right vs. left. Many independents are far left of center, some are centrists, and some are so right wing that nobody is willing to own them but themselves.

Maybe you two should work on nomenclature before you start prodding each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Edorien View Post
    Because it's not seen as the government "suppressing" our free press, it's the government saying campaign should halt one day before the vote. Plenty of time has been dedicated to talk about issues, one day to let people pause & reflect is generally welcomed.
    Of course it is. The media is blacked out for nearly two days. If that isn't media suppression I don't know what is. People have just learned to accept it over the years. In fact, people are actually arguing for it. That is what is unbelievable.
    Arguing for the government suppression of the media instead of against it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Yeah I'm not going to waste my time doing that when the evidence is plain as day for anyone to see. Besides, your defensiveness is revealing here, are you trying to imply that my accusing you of being a doctrinaire conservative is an insult? Because on that point, we do agree, and if you would like to become an actual independent voter and post your own thoughts rather than regurgitating right wing propaganda, everyone on this board would be happy to see that.
    Kek...
    Another person that just "knows" but can't produce evidence. Carry on.

Let me guess, this "right wing propaganda" is right up there with "fake news" isn't it?
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-07 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post

I find the idea that making political communication transparent is damaging to democracy intriguing. It's probably true, but if it is, it really speaks volumes about the actors within democratic systems that they light of day is dangerous to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I thought, it seems like this will have no impact for now. When Macron goes in, I believe we may see more light on it, although I do wonder if the forged documents will make it unreliable. Certainly there must be a way to validate which is which?

PS: Wikileaks is not behind the publishing of these. They've barely commented on them.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Of course it is. The media is blacked out for nearly two days. If that isn't media suppression I don't know what is. People have just learned to accept it over the years. In fact, people are actually arguing for it. That is what is unbelievable.
    Arguing for the government suppression of the media instead of against it.

- - - Updated - - -

Kek...
    Another person that just "knows" but can't produce evidence. Carry on.
    You still on about this? Jesus. Right ok, let's get it clear. Over this side of the ocean, we have a different views of both elections and the citizens. Over here, elections isn't a sport, we're a bit more respectful. We're also more respectful towards our citizens, giving them a bit of peace before voting so that they can think with their own head and make up their mind. I know it sounds absurd for someone coming from a country that has a political system comparable to a third world banana republic but yeah... That's what normal societies do.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah so it's the same invented group that allegedly fucked up clinton. So it really is coming in from the us. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    You still on about this? Jesus. Right ok, let's get it clear. Over this side of the ocean, we have a different views of both elections and the citizens. Over here, elections isn't a sport, we're a bit more respectful. We're also more respectful towards our citizens, giving them a bit of peace before voting so that they can think with their own head and make up their mind. I know it sounds absurd for someone coming from a country that has a political system comparable to a third world banana republic but yeah... That's what normal societies do.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah so it's the same invented group that allegedly fucked up clinton. So it really is coming in from the us. Weird.
    Anti America rant all you like, it is still government media suppression and people are defending it.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is based on what? Allegations of such interference are based on supposition and paranoia, not on established proof and facts.

Hurr durr Russians did it again hurr durr.

Deleted
    Anti America rant all you like, it is still government media suppression and people are defending it.

- - - Updated - - -
    It's not. It's just you embarrassing yourself in front of everyone. How is criticizing your RIDICULOUS election process being "anti american"?

Deleted
    That change nothing for us.

I dont understand the usefulness of the thread, except to say and repeat that Russia has hacked a French political party, on documents that are neither sensitive nor "interesting". Is just the normal course of a French campaign.

I dont know if its worse to debate a useless thing than not to understand 99% of "stolen" docs.

Doh ! Russia has hacked a French Political Party. Any important docs, any revelation, any risk for the party, any change on the polls.

So, who care?
    Last edited by mmocf2b6c3b75f; 2017-05-07 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Which is based on what? Allegations of such interference are based on supposition and paranoia, not on established proof and facts.

Hurr durr Russians did it again hurr durr.
    They have the most reasons to do it, though. But its probably American Alt-reichers.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -
    You are correct we should all adopt the american system where parties try to remove the rights of people to vote to obtain a more secure victory, they do allow slinging shit at each other till the very last day, so i guess you got that going for you. The only oppression here might be the blockage somewhere in your upstairs department i'm afraid.

They have the most reasons to do it, though. But its probably American Alt-reichers.
    The whole "Russians did it" is just so funny to me. The only thing that it's based on is some cyrillic symbols in the code.

It's basically the same as finding burrito on a bank robbery scene and blaming mexicans because of it. Then it happens again with the same burrito on the floor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    The whole "Russians did it" is just so funny to me. The only thing that it's based on is some cyrillic symbols in the code.

It's basically the same as finding burrito on a bank robbery scene and blaming mexicans because of it. Then it happens again with the same burrito on the floor.
    How is it funny? Its a very real possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    It's not. It's just you embarrassing yourself in front of everyone. How is criticizing your RIDICULOUS election process being "anti american"?
    How am I embarrassing myself?
    You did not even criticize the process my friend.
    Now how about that two day government media suppression that everyone defends? People just accept it and move on. At least you aren't defending it I see. I have to go for now. Have a wonderful day!

Deleted
    How is it funny? Its a very real possibility.
    It's funny because it's an idiotic claim that's starts off a made up claim born in the US. They haven't even proven the Russian done it in the US, they're already claiming its Russians in France.
    Simply put, this is a story made up for idiots. Unfortunately for us, the push behind le pen is all homemade. Yes we fucked up THAT bad.