Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Sure it is. A rock doesn't need water to survive, but a badger does. Water being necessary is subjective to the object of the need.
    If flying was necessary people wouldn't be able to play without it, they wouldn't have the choice and have to use flying, like in TBC when some areas could only be accessed, and some quests only completed by a flying mount.

Looking at your example of the badger. It is necessary for a badger to drink water to survive. No badger is able to choose to survive without water.

Looking at the rock. It is not necessary for a rock to drink water to survive. No rock can declare water to be "necessary" and die of thirst if it doesn't get a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Of players ACTIVE IN THE LAST MONTH... Less than 60% have Pathfinder Part 1, and less than 50% PF2.

That doesn't even include the many who have simply stopped playing before the past month.

Why do you think that is?
    because flying wasn't as big of a deal as the few loud ass whiners were making it out to be. These numbers finally prove what many of us said the whole time that flying was not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    This is pretty much it for me. Suramar never ended. It was better just to quit the game.
    I just resubbed. I was able to knock it all out in 3-4 days. but man, it was a drag

Of players ACTIVE IN THE LAST MONTH... Less than 60% have Pathfinder Part 1, and less than 50% PF2.

That doesn't even include the many who have simply stopped playing before the past month.

Why do I think it is? Because it might not really be that. It's called sampling which could show roughly accurate stats or extremes on either sides. That's also not including what might be someone's alt (skewing data one way or the other). There are a lot of variables why the data could be inaccurate. So ultimately I don't think it is that way and just the way the data portrays it.

Either way, does it really matter in the end? Once class mounts are available I'd imagine the number would be higher since most might be taking a break until the story is opened up more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing for a month and a half straight since hitting 110 and I don't have Pathfinder 1 yet. I attempted Suramar as a fresh 110 and gave up on it for a long time, it was probably the most frustrating thing I've ever done in this game. I went back at 890 iLvl and it was tolerable. Still working on Nightfallen rep. I'll probably have Pathfinder 2 before I even finish Good Suramaritan.

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    I just resubbed. I was able to knock it all out in 3-4 days. but man, it was a drag
    How? Don't you need 20000/21000 Revered for the last quest line?
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Guess it's all up to what you're doing in the game..
    If you're sitting in Dalaran queuing up for pvp, you don't need flying to do that.
    Or if you're only logging in to do your weekly raiding, you could almost sit by the instance entrance to do that.

Me i played the game on my main for 6 months normally, doing everything there was on the Broken Isles to progress, part 1 game with just doing the daily duties.
    Got the main to ilvl 900 and grinded Broken shore to unlock flying asap. Main is done, waiting on Tomb so he can finish Balance of Power without having curve in Nighthold.
    After the main it took me 2 months to get 1st alt to the point where the main is, ready and waiting on Tomb release to get to do the solo challenges.
    Now i'm finally getting to do what i'm here to do in this game, play all the other classes and get artifact skins and mogs.
    Flying making that a thousand time faster and more comfortable.

With invasions and flying it took me a week to level 5 new classes to 110, almost finish all of their class campaigns, get them to 880.
    Something that previously took several months to do. Doing Balance of Power doesn't necessarily need flying to do it with all those classes, but it makes it a hell of a lot faster to get started when it doesn't take a month to level one character up. Still even with flying, doing daily wq chests on all 7 characters takes a good 2-3 hours a day, daily invasion on each 7 chars (takes the 4-5 hours it's up even with flying), finishing the rest of the campaigns, grinding reps, doing certain quest zones for certain characters for hidden skin reps, shitty ass Suramar on all the alts cause order hall sets need that, broken shore dailies, plus weekly reset farms that take the whole wednesday 16 hours. It still all equals up to a full day of playing to get everything done even with flying, and that still doesn't include rest of the 5 classes that need to go through the same thing, but hopefully faster enough to get everything done before the expac is over..

Without flying there's no possible way i could have done what i did over the last week.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2017-05-09 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If flying was necessary people wouldn't be able to play without it, they wouldn't have the choice and have to use flying, like in TBC when some areas could only be accessed, and some quests only completed by a flying mount.

Looking at your example of the badger. It is necessary for a badger to drink water to survive. No badger is able to choose to survive without water.

Looking at the rock. It is not necessary for a rock to drink water to survive. No rock can declare water to be "necessary" and die of thirst if it doesn't get a drink.
    If the bar we have to clear is 'death' for something to be necessary, this argument is dum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did all the stuff to unlock flying but as soon as I did I said to myself "Why???"
    I mean is faster to do the world quests if you're still into this kind of things, or if you're a herb farmer but other than that it's not a big deal. I guess 50% don't give a fuck about it, it's not like the grind is too much, simply they don't care because is not worth the time invested.

I don't get the people who complained about this. IMO we should have access to flying at the beginning of every xpac, but since Blizzard feels like making us go months without it, this process this xpac wasn't bad. If you really wanted flying and played at all regularly this xpac, you'd have it by now.

lotta really lazy people play wow. wheres the news in this?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    one of my friends didnt know he needed pathfinder 1 for flying and only bothered with pathfinder 2. he is now working on pathfinder 1. pathfinder 2 was easy. i went from start to finish in 14 days. lucked out a little with that double rep week

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea because suramar is the most obnoxious place on the fucking planet.

This just in: you have to do everything immediately apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    This just in: you have to do everything immediately apparently.
    That's depending what you want to achieve.
    If one wants to cap main and clear a few raids, there's no rush.

If one wants to do 12x class campaign, 12x Nightfallen, 12x prestige level 15, 12x balance of power, at least 12x but up to 35x spec solo challenge, 12x30x legion dungeons for hidden skins. All that shit that's not account wide for god knows why not. Yeah one has to do everything immediately, well one wants everything done yesterday, cause no one knows and no one wants to tell how long this expansion will last. Otherwise at the end one can be crying like in MoP or WoD it wasn't enough time to complete challenge modes on every class and shit gets removed from the game unless you earned it. If you do shit immediately and not during the last month there's a chance to complete them.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2017-05-09 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acinos View Post
    one of my friends didnt know he needed pathfinder 1 for flying and only bothered with pathfinder 2. he is now working on pathfinder 1. pathfinder 2 was easy. i went from start to finish in 14 days. lucked out a little with that double rep week
    There's been no double rep week. We had the following:

Week 1: No buff
    Week 2: Possible DMF buff if you remembered (10% overall)
    Week 3 or 4: World Quest Week buff +50% rep per WQ

Other than that no rep buff has been available. Not even the Mage Tower's +30% Legionfall buff has been active. With that said if you were really lucky with Legionfall Rep tokens you could get it in two weeks with the DMF buff (a lot of us did or was close enough to the start of the 3rd week). Now it's a bit harder for it to not take two weeks because of all the quests available currently.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Then you'd be wrong. DDO is an MMO(albeit one past its prime), and yet is almost entirely instanced content. Other games have a similar setup, such as Neverwinter. Open world content is a common theme in MMORPGs, but not a necessity.

WoW is at its best inside instanced content. Raids and Dungeons have always been the "end-game" of WoW outside of a few reputation grinds and gathering mats. If that's all a person wants to do, I don't think they are completely in the wrong.
    I don't think they're in the wrong for only wanting to do instanced content. I don't care. I think they are absolutely wrong for claiming that non-instanced content is a problem and that it shouldn't be available for others who want to do it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Still working on it. Solo content in WoW is something I slowly get around to doing. If it was mandatory for mythic dungeons then I would be on it ASAP. As is flying is not stopping me from accessing content I want to do.

Also numbers for the MoP and WoD legendaries was not that great. I think MMO-Champions numbers was in the upper 60% picked up the early quests and numbers plummeted to low 20% for completion. Bulk of the people asking for nerfs already had it and wanted it on their alts.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-05-09 at 02:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even have WoD flying yet and I'm technically an "active" player (subscribed and log on occasionally).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I am the only one who did not struggle in Suramar? Except 1 or 2 WQ elitè (absolutely non mandatory)? I mean, reading this forum it seems like Suramar is the worst thing ever happened to humanity..... And cmon, it's so hard to dodge 2 stupid mobs with an eye on them? Well, it is if you actally don't care about the game and alt-tab every 2 second... but i have no pity for this kind of gamer.
    Let me guess, you was on a tank class ?

If Suramar wasnt littered with so much clutter and buggy as fuck that you get unmasked OUTSIDE of the circle it wouldn't have been half as bad but unless you are a tank you can kiss your ass goodbye when you get spotted because that city is so densely packed you chain pull the whole fucking thing.

PS
    If you think there was only two then you must have gotten a bugged city because those assholes are everywhere.

Flying is not needed at all