10+ Year Old Account
    kimi no na wa bd out on july 26 (confirmed now)
    time to import as it comes with english subs.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Three years later and still no season 2...
    movie out in june.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Have you seen the 5-disc CE? :O
    Yes I ordered that one.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the Lustrous (Hōseki no Kuni) Manga Gets TV Anime

The manga's story takes place in the distant future, where a new life form called "hōseki" (gems) is born. The 28 gems must fight against the "tsukijin" (moon people) who want to attack them and turn them into decorations, so each gem is assigned a role such as a fighter or a medic. Although she hopes to fight the moon people, Phos is a gem who is given no assignment until the gems' manager Kongo asks her to edit a natural history magazine.

The manga inspired an animated promotional video directed by Akiyo Ohashi at Studio Hibari in 2013. Ichikawa oversaw the storyboard process, and Aya Kanou designed the characters.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime/.115869

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How much did that set you back?
    103 euro including shippingg and taxes.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Summon the @Sy to see!
    YOU DARE SUMMON ME?!

...hi! ^_^

so yes, looking at my old OP kinda makes me cringe, tbh.. a new list would look different, although i haven't done much anime watching in the last couple years.

the ones in that post are still relevant in the sense that they were my favorites from when i first started watching anime at all. so i probably remember more of those than of anime i've watched more recently, even if i would say the more recent ones were better, in direct comparison.

and yeah, Shuffle! in particular is probably a good example for this. from what i remember of it, i doubt i'd watch more than a couple episodes of it now before getting bored of the unoriginal harem characters and drama parts. but it was one of the first (iirc even the very first?) high school romance+comedy+drama anime i watched, so it left a lasting impression.
    the way you can see the initially so happy and carefree Kaede slowly break, as her all-important "Rin-kun" distances himself further and further from her, really hit me emotionally, back then. plus, even now, i'm just way too easy to bait with that unconditionally submissive and devoted girl character, who wishes nothing more than to serve and be close to the guy she so loves... <_<

Rumbling Hearts is another good example. i don't think the story or characters were all that great, but somehow it really touched me. the moment the last episode ended, i just buried my face in my hands and cried, for a long time. no other anime ever managed to make me do that again.
    (although i have intentionally avoided sad ones in the last few years, because of irl stuff. i'm guessing finding an anime that would get some tears out of me now wouldn't be too hard.)

on the other hand, Toradora! i'd probably still enjoy about as much as i did 7+ years ago. the characters or setup aren't exactly unique or entirely believable either, but i found it still distinguishing itself from so many other romance anime by portraying very well the difference between having a high school crush and actually falling in love. :]

and Lucky☆Star is and always has been great, naturally! :D

SukaSuka 4 - The little girls are adorable. "You sure do like lizards." was pretty funny. The whole "checkup" process is interesting. I'm wondering what the overall implications of that might be. This show does have a knack for introducing new characters and information that I'm really a fan of. Besides the war and animal-people, I really enjoy the setting as it reminds me a bit of Spice & Wolf.

SukaSuka 5 - That was a nice confession scene, shame it was kinda ruined by the scene afterwards. It's a very intriguing show and keeps me interested. I hope the source novels get released in English; this story seems like it would be a grand read without being confined to anime format.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    YOU DARE SUMMON ME?!
    M-masaka!!

You obviously had a hard-on for KyoAni. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    SukaSuka 4 - The little girls are adorable. "You sure do like lizards." was pretty funny. The whole "checkup" process is interesting. I'm wondering what the overall implications of that might be. This show does have a knack for introducing new characters and information that I'm really a fan of. Besides the war and animal-people, I really enjoy the setting as it reminds me a bit of Spice & Wolf.

SukaSuka 5 - That was a nice confession scene, shame it was kinda ruined by the scene afterwards. It's a very intriguing show and keeps me interested. I hope the source novels get released in English; this story seems like it would be a grand read without being confined to anime format.

- - - Updated - - -

M-masaka!!

sukasuka keeps making me want to cry....

10+ Year Old Account
    and Lucky☆Star is and always has been great, naturally! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    It's going to be a rough one if it goes where I am thinking it's going.
    Yeah, I think it's going in a direction that I'm not going to be happy with. If they 5cm/sec me with this series I may literally die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    sukasuka keeps making me want to cry....
    I haven't gotten close but it is emotionally engaging to me. I can see it fucking me up later, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/d5606ea307eed8b18103e9f7b6baa0a1/tumblr_ooes5htBGp1tydz8to1_540.gif[img]
    Tohru is too good for this world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chtholly and Sistine are very cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Chtholly and Sistine are very cute.
    Chtholly is the best tsundere i've seen in a very long time. and that says alot coming from me. i fucking hate tsunderes.

10+ Year Old Account
    YOU DARE SUMMON ME?!
    You're supposed to be dead.

I will forever love your sig.

Anonymous Noise 5 - Holy shit, what a great episode. That performance at the end was fucking sick. It's a shame the CG is so bad, but other than that, it looked and sounded excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh yeah, definitely. K-On! and Nichijou as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    You're supposed to be dead.
    am i? i wasn't aware of that. o.o
    I will forever love your sig.
    ^_^

i've been meaning to touch it up a bit though.. it's kinda old.

One the best episodes yet, imo

3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Tsuki ga Kirei 4 - Damn, this show is really good. I really like how honest the portrayal of the characters is. The little shorts after the ending credits are cute and funny.

Tsuki ga Kirei 5 - You know you've gone full weeb when you can recognize a voice actor singing without having to look it up to make sure. I do like Nao Touyama's singing voice. I didn't actually realize she was the voice of the teacher until after I recognized her voice from the ED at the end of ep 4. I'm not sure I like where the plot is going after that last little surprise at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    =
    Tsuki ga Kirei 5 - You know you've gone full weeb when you can recognize a voice actor singing without having to look it up to make sure.
    Welcome to me 4+ years ago :P
    [CENTER]

Sagrada Reset 4 & 5 - The premise keeps me interested, but the pacing and execution aren't very good. I'll give it another episode or two.

If they 5cm/sec me with this series I may literally die.
    I've been meaning to write up my thoughts on Byousoku 5 Centimeter for the longest time - I should really get to that... *opens Word*