Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Then it just became teh lul so randum! and I hated it.
    yeah, that's understandable. There's a LOT less of that in 5 though, I think they've learnt from their mistakes with making the previous ones too weird. The plot is far more grounded, and it reminded me a lot of D1.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    yeah, that's understandable. There's a LOT less of that in 5 though, I think they've learnt from their mistakes with making the previous ones too weird. The plot is far more grounded, and it reminded me a lot of D1.
    I'll have to check it out then. I miss those games.

The Golden Sun games (never finished the ds one)
    Legend of Dragoon

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    The Golden Sun games (never finished the ds one)
    Legend of Dragoon
    The DS one sucks, but the GBA ones are, imo, some of the best rpgs ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The DS one sucks, but the GBA ones are, imo, some of the best rpgs ever made.
    Played through the gba ones multiple times. Some of my favorite games ever. Just wasn't feeling dark dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Earthbound SNES
    Super Mario RPG
    Lufia (all titles)

Essentially all SNES RPGs nailed it in my eyes
    This... This is basically what I was going to say
    Particularly the squaresoft/enix games, and capcom rpgs (breath of fire.)
    Quite a few good RPGs for the PS1/PS2, and even for the Sega Genesis.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Legend of Dragoon is awesome.

Parasite Eve counts? If not, chrono trigger, chrono cross

get witcher 3 and be busy for a while, and dragon age origins and the dragon age 3

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post

Any other (old) RPGs you recommend?

Witcher 3 is less than two years "old". Old =NES or DOS based game!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Played through the gba ones multiple times. Some of my favorite games ever. Just wasn't feeling dark dawn.
    All of soul was sapped out of the game. I didn't give a shit about the protagonist's children, the villains were carbon copies of Saturos and Menardi, and Alex was barely expanded on as the franchise villain. And many of the original characters didn't even appear, which was such a disappointment.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-14 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    The saddest part about this threads is always realizing that i already played each game in this thread. A view gems I noticed missing:
    Azure Dreams
    Alundra
    and Saga Frontier 1 and 2.
    Those SaGa games...never played a weird mix of vaugely relately yet incoherent vignettes in my life. Some good memories (especially of the first one).

The second one had beautiful watercolor graphics but I remember nothing of the story. Possibly due to a poor translation

10+ Year Old Account
    Koudelka, Shining Force, and a whole slew of others. Old consoles were full of'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Chrono Trigger
    Secret of Mana
    Secret of Evermore
    Alundra
    Saga Frontier 1 and 2
    Parasite Eve
    i know of alot more can't remember all them.

Quote Originally Posted by txarlguy View Post
    Those SaGa games...never played a weird mix of vaugely relately yet incoherent vignettes in my life. Some good memories (especially of the first one).

The second one had beautiful watercolor graphics but I remember nothing of the story. Possibly due to a poor translation
    The only problem I had with them is that if you play some chapters too fast, your characters will end up to weak for the next chapter. But the moment you notice there is no going back. You can't go back grinding. I remember how my first attempt at playing SagaFrontier ended in a chapter with Iron Gustav where I could hardly damage anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shining Force one and two comes to mind. I rented Shining Force so many times back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Amalur is fun. My problem with it, it's just a little too big with a lot of empty space between things. Kinda breaks up the flowing narrative.
    I loved Amalur..

And the IRL story behind that game is pretty crazy (and is also why we probably won't see a sequel)

(Curt Schilling of the Boston Red Sox actually owned the company that made the game. He took out a LOT of loans from the State of Rhode Island that he couldn't pay back. This game was basically his last hope, it had to sell CRAZY high numbers (I think it needed to sell like 10million copies) to get him out of debt. It sold well (2million-ish) by most standards but it wasn't enough to save that company....so no KoA2 unless another studio picks it up. Huge shame, honestly, because as rough as the first game was around the edges I think a sequel could have EASILY fixed the flaws and could have been the next big RPG franchise)
    Last edited by Keile; 2017-05-14 at 04:47 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely KOTOR, with Jade Empire coming in a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Definitely KOTOR, with Jade Empire coming in a close second.
    Would LOVE a jade empire sequel. I love chinese fantasy genre books and games. Need more.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Legend of Legaia.

Such an underrated game for PS1, the game is quite long with a shit ton of secrets and mini games, its hard as shit and im not kidding plus the combat is depth, It is a good game but it does have its flaw like normal random battles can take a lot of time similar to FF tactics and long animations for everything but i guess i was a trend at that time. If you plan to play it then avoid using guides, the best thing about this game is the combat and discovering new combos and arts is fun, also the plot isnt that bad.