Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Gear matters exactly as much as it did before (actually, it CAN matter a little more than in the past. Honor gear was 9.5% behind CQ gear previously, and the new iLevel scaling can put people up to 13% behind at current gear levels - and that's JUST from the iLevel scaling!). On average, though, its about exactly the same as it used to be.

The base iLevel for the .1% scaling/iLevel is 800. Ill try to include a link to Holinka's most recent post about it.
    13% behind just from ilvl scaling .. you're talking about an absolute newb level 110 with 800 ilvl or less, vs. someone with.. 930?

Oh so you have the graph with the data then? We'd all love to see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to get 900 ilvl through PvP if you have 2 legendaries because stats don't matter. Equipped ilvl matters more in PvP. The downside is having to grind Honor Talents / Prestige.

It's hard to get 900 ilvl through PvE without titanforging or raiding because you don't want to just wear anything. Equipped ilvl doesn't matter as much as BiS gear does. Artifact Weapon ilvl and good relics contributes much more to most classes than secondary stats. Trinkets also play a heavy factor. The upside is not having to deal with the garbage Honor Talent system.

Legendaries matter in both.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-05-15 at 05:19 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I don't know how people have 900 ilvl. I just hit 888 today. Struggling to find a good trinket to replace my 855, finally replaced my 850. My character has been 110 for months.
    5k nethershards gets you a base 880 trinket

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    heh I'd never thought 905 would be high whatsoever, in fact I always feel so behind compared to everyone else I play with. I guess when you play too much you lose touch on what is normal and what is gg in game.
    Overall 905 is pretty high. If you do heroic raids, high Mythic+ 5 mans, or arenas/rated-bg then its not hard. But otherwise, getting gear above 880 is at the mercy of the RNG gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubulous View Post
    5k nethershards gets you a base 880 trinket
    and have 80 % chance for it to have shit secondary stats making it worse then 850 one .

but this discuassion is pointless - newest post on mmochamp concerting itlv for chalenge is proing that average itlv is between 860-870 making 900 itlv amazingly high gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly 1 month ago I had a 918 Shaman and a 925 Mage apply for my Mythic + Group.... that was a month ago.

905 characters are everywhere now man, you're only slightly above average at 910.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Did you try the 5k nethershard trinkets? Even if you roll a stat stick as long as it's not a horrible stat for your class, is often a good choice. Unless your current trinkets are just better than their ilvl indicates (which happens).
    - - - Updated - - -

Yep, this is what I did for the 880 trinket I own, replacing my 850.
    Last edited by Dastreus; 2017-05-15 at 11:06 AM.

You can't reach more than 905 ilvl if you don't mythic raid except if you have a great luck. And still, it's a bit of "end game" for non mythic raiders.
    So since average players doesn't mythic raid, yeah the avg raiding one is more 885 to 900. The TRUE avg one, you know that mathematical one, is 870+ (yeah cry a river, nerd).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    905 characters are everywhere now man, you're only slightly above average at 910.
    Like a politician considering 2% of gamers. LEL.
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2017-05-15 at 09:11 AM.

Finally got some average numbers here at http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-584

Depending on spec, average ilvl is between 860.2 and 878.

That sounds much more like what I'd expect than some of the wild claims in this thread.
    Last edited by Banquetto; 2017-05-15 at 10:11 AM. Reason: typo

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ahaha omg this guy is as clueless as my mother rofl
    The difference between 905 and 910 is astronomical man is like a whole different level

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    ahaha omg this guy is as clueless as my mother rofl
    The difference between 905 and 910 is astronomical man is like a whole different level
    Are you playing in a dead server or what? 905s are freakin common these days, especially in big realms, go take a look at wowprogress and see where 905s land you. And mother jokes in 2017 is really pathetic man, are you a 10 year old or something?

I don't raid and my best geared is still under 890 :/. If you use the shitty teir gear from lfr it's hard to get higher it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    You can't reach more than 905 ilvl if you don't mythic raid except if you have a great luck. And still, it's a bit of "end game" for non mythic raiders.
    So since average players doesn't mythic raid, yeah the avg raiding one is more 885 to 900. The TRUE avg one, you know that mathematical one, is 870+ (yeah cry a river, nerd).

- - - Updated - - -

Like a politician considering 2% of gamers. LEL.
    You need get out more into groups more often, 900s are really commonplace by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Finally got some average numbers here at http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-584

Depending on spec, average ilvl is between 860.2 and 878.

That sounds much more like what I'd expect than some of the wild claims in this thread.
    eh, I log onto my 850 alts to craft stuff or just send missions or farm xmog all the time, obviously if I average 3 of them with my 3 890, 900 and 910, the average is going to be 875, so that kinda skews the data anyway. but yeah, avrage isnt 900. but that also doesnt mean that 900 is hard to get nowadays, most people are just too casual to even farm nethershards

You need get out more into groups more often, 900s are really commonplace by now.
    I do, obviously searching for M+12 and more you'll find 900s. Obivously looking for "farm leg / ap run" you'll find 900+ too.
    Yet, this is not the definition of "average". As scary as it is, this stands for only 2% of WoW gamers. OP speaks about BG and such, obivoulsy you'll find people with far less, more in the mathematical model provided by blizzard on mmo-champ front page, this day.

and your anecdotal exampls if pointles proven by average taken out of 4,5 mln chars /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    I do, obviously searching for M+12 and more you'll find 900s. Obivously looking for "farm leg / ap run" you'll find 900+ too.
    Yet, this is not the definition of "average". As scary as it is, this stands for only 2% of WoW gamers. OP speaks about BG and such, obivoulsy you'll find people with far less, more in the mathematical model provided by blizzard on mmo-champ front page, this day.
    ot only this i bet he checks in box with 900 itlv required and wonder why only 900 + players sign ^^

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Then by your logic 850 is literally 2 times the MILES behind 900.
    Not really, the amount of 850-880 gear available is much much larger then 900+ before titanforges unless you actively farm high M+/Rated pvp/Heroic/Mythic NH.

Getting a 900 weapon doesn't need 900 relics either, and 2 legendaries add a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Then by your logic 850 is literally 2 times the MILES behind 900.
    there is no my logic, your logic, about it. its a fact. look at how much it takes to move a character one ilvl. you don't do it by equiping one item one ilvl higher.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP