Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post

Listened to this album but couldn't really get into it.
    Ah, I was kinda expecting that you might like this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Ah, I was kinda expecting that you might like this one.
    I thought the songs were generally too long-winded, I'll give it another spin soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I thought the songs were generally too long-winded, I'll give it another spin soon.
    I see what you mean and I can understand it a bit when listening to this album. Nothing wrong with that in itself if you like what's being played though

Really like the new album from While She Sleeps. Metalcore done right.

New Havok record is terrific.

ok, ignore the video, as it's not the official video. i just couldn't find another version of this song that can be seen by people outside of the US.

but i needed to ask a question... what type of music would this be and where can i find more of it? the rest of oracle is pretty good too, but this one specific song is so fucking cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Post summer metal, guys. Gimme some heavy, fuzzy, sludgy shit to jam
    I would post but I moved to the Netherlands for work, Greek summer is a distant memory, it's all grimdark circusmetal for me from now on.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a pretty big move, man. Your face has been too rare around here lately. Gorguts are playing in Rotterdam in August, btw. Maybe you'll be able to catch them there.
    Earning 500 a month hauling boxes full time with an engineering related masters degree will change your outlook on things. People outside of Greece have no idea how bad things really are, considering I'm one of the lucky ones who actually has a job.

Everyone I know has already left, plus I already know the language, so it wasn't really a tough choice. Just needed enough money to make the move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Earning 500 a month hauling boxes full time with an engineering related masters degree will change your outlook on things. People outside of Greece have no idea how bad things really are, considering I'm one of the lucky ones who actually has a job.

Everyone I know has already left, plus I already know the language, so it wasn't really a tough choice. Just needed enough money to make the move.
    Yeah sounds pretty rough considering I get that much a month for jacking off and playing video games.

10+ Year Old Account

Hey, means you can come take a look if my band ever has a gig again

10+ Year Old Account
    Iirc, there's over 50% youth unemployment rating in Greece. Which ignores the fact that off the 48% or so employed, a lot of it is shitty jobs like the one that hellhamster mentioned.

Would be cool to see a few of the regulars at some point. We're kind of holding off on actively looking for gigs due to RL issues for the vocalist, but at least it lets us record stuff and make progress on upcoming releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Can understand the Vhöl vibes, what with the Yob link, though it's only sparingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Just found this song, i like it
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a few of our regulars live in the Netherlands now. Cairhiin (iirc), you, Hellhamster and I live pretty far in the west of Germany so I'm not that far away from the border.
    I am Dutch but live in Finland!

- - - Updated - - -

Can imagine it is pretty rough there right now. Good you found a job in Holland at least, and if you know the language, living there shouldn't be much of a problem. You'll no doubt miss your lovely Greek summers, and weather, though. It could be worse though, summer in Finland is barely three months; the rest of the year is winter or sort of winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably a bit colder in the Netherlands but the summer around here can still be pretty punishing, I guess. We had 35°C here yesterday. Also, he can visit Amsterdam when he's in the Netherlands. Great city.
    True, temps can be up in the thirties in Holland as well, especially in east Holland near the German border. I lived in Enschede for awhile, summers were hot there. Near the sea the temperatures are a bit more moderate.

Got tickets to see Decapitated/Fallujah in august, and Virvum/Vale of Pnath/First Fragment in October I'm also considering going to see BTBAM in October - on the one hand, driving out to dallas and getting a hotel for the night is a pain in the ass, but on the other hand it's the Colors 10th anniversary tour.

This came up in my Spotify weekly list, I'd never heard them before but I'm digging it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably a bit colder in the Netherlands but the summer around here can still be pretty punishing, I guess. We had 35°C here yesterday. Also, he can visit Amsterdam when he's in the Netherlands. Great city.
    It's warmer in the Netherlands than in Greece this entire month now.

A buddy came to visit me from Greece, we toured the whole country in 2 weeks in the weekends and after I got off from work. We walked like 20 kilometers a day while exploring. My legs are still recovering. Amsterdam was so tourist-packed we couldn't walk. Otherwise, great experience, would recommend.

My faves were Utrecht and Maastricht. Also I couldn't believe what I saw in Scheveningen, it was like I was back in the old country.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-05-31 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mybackhurts View Post
    Re: Batushka
    It's really well done and catchy, but with how much of a mockery it makes of (black) metal and how much of a puppet show it is, it leaves too much of a foul taste in my mouth to enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    It's really well done and catchy, but with how much of a mockery it makes of (black) metal and how much of a puppet show it is, it leaves too much of a foul taste in my mouth to enjoy.
    Why is that?