Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is no way we're going to deal with the Scourge right after we dealt with the Legion....I mean we kind of did that with Burning Crusade > Wrath of the Lich King, but to be honest TBC felt more like an expedition into Outland, then an actual battle with the Legion. Not until the Sunwell was Azeroth actually under threat.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...expansion-leak

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Reddit-source

Have you three met? Because clearly they've been leaking a few expansions through their reddit profiles and we need to do the information shuffle to hash out what's actually happening.

Also, I was making eggs this morning, and one of them was already cracked when I opened the carton. I cross-referenced this with the reddit threads leaked so far and was able to confirm that the next expansion is actually going back to Draenor, where we learn the Arrakoa have been hiding a secret continent just south of them where they captured and brainwashed the ogres.

New races are Arrakoa for alliance and ogres for horde, made up of outcasts and free-thinkers. New class is blood mage. Draenor is our only way back to Azeroth after we defeat the Legion on Argus, but the Dark Portal has been corrupted until we fix it in the intro patch. Now it's actually going to be Blue, which of course is a nod toward us fighting Azshara in the following expansion instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    No, you don't remember correctly, because Mist was absolutely not leaked before that year's Blizzcon. I was watching to reveal online that year, so I'm not even remotely confused on if it was or not.
    Actually I do as it was leaked on this one guy's blog (which he shut down as he was almost caught) around early summer 2011.

So yeah, I'll stick to my guns on this one.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    There is no way we're going to deal with the Scourge right after we dealt with the Legion....I mean we kind of did that with Burning Crusade > Wrath of the Lich King, but to be honest TBC felt more like an expedition into Outland, then an actual battle with the Legion. Not until the Sunwell was Azeroth actually under threat.
    "I don't think we would fight the Legion, and then the Scourge... Although we did fight the Legion in TBC and then the Scourge in Wrath. But TBC wasn't really a battle against the Legion... until it was..."

Yeah man, I'm sorry, but I don't think you're making a good point here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Actually I do as it was leaked on this one guy's blog (which he shut down as he was almost caught) around early summer 2011.

So yeah, I'll stick to my guns on this one.
    I never heard of this, the only MoP "leaks" I saw back then were clearly fake. The trademark "Mists of Pandaria" was well known in advance, so everyone came up with their own theory. Pandaria and Monk were easy to guess in an expansion called "Mists of Pandaria". Other than that, I didn't see anything any MoP "leak" ever got right.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    "I don't think we would fight the Legion, and then the Scourge... Although we did fight the Legion in TBC and then the Scourge in Wrath. But TBC wasn't really a battle against the Legion... until it was..."

Yeah man, I'm sorry, but I don't think you're making a good point here.

- - - Updated - - -

I never heard of this, the only MoP "leaks" I saw back then were clearly fake. The trademark "Mists of Pandaria" was well known in advance, so everyone came up with their own theory. Pandaria and Monk were easy to guess in an expansion called "Mists of Pandaria". Other than that, I didn't see anything any MoP "leak" ever got right.
    Legion is a clear invasion. TBC was not, in fact most of our time was spent beating up Illidan for some reason, who was fighting the Legion. Karazhan we were only in there just to get ourselves attuned to for Black Temple eventually, we still have no idea who the hell Prince Malzahar is. We take out Gruul because of reasons he gives us more attunement stuff, Magtheridon is a Legion officer, but he wasn't a threat, once again we beat him up for the eventual BT attunement. Proceed to take down Illidan's top officers so we can have access to Illidan himself. Oh and we go to Mount Hyjal just because Blizz thought it would be kewl. The Legion isn't a true threat till the end, and it's something that we suppress. Only 1 of the raids is Legion focused. We do a whole lot of dilly dallying in TBC.

WoTLK the Scourge threat is very real, Arthas freakin woke up, not half summoned or some bs, invaded our cities and started a plague that was of the best and trolly events ever. 3 Tiers of raiding are based on the Scourge threat. Naxx we take out Kel'thuzad, ToGC is to prime us for an incursion of ICC and we deal with Anuburak, and finally ICC.
    Last edited by Matthias; 2017-05-18 at 02:36 AM.

Deleted
    Legion is a clear invasion. TBC was not
    What does it matter? It's still a Legion-themed expansion. Who ever said anything about an invasion? TBC was Legion, Wrath was Scourge. Period. Talk about trying to come up with excuses, Jesus.

What does it matter? It's still a Legion-themed expansion. Who ever said anything about an invasion? TBC was Legion, Wrath was Scourge. Period. Talk about trying to come up with excuses, Jesus.
    More like Illidan themed. LK's not coming back next expac bro.

Deleted
    More like Illidan themed. LK's not coming back next expac bro.
    Yeah and Wrath was not Scourge-themed, it was Lich King themed. Oh wait, the Scourge was still in there, so was the Legion in TBC. The whole fucking expansion was called "THE BURNING CRUSADE", but yeah, totally not Burning Legion themed. I guess it was Illidan that went on a Burning Crusade throughout the whole universe to destroy every planet. I guess Malchezaar was working for Illidan. So was every demon in the Mount Hyjal raid and at the Sunwell, including Kil'jaeden. Lol anybody saying TBC wasn't Legion-themed is mental.

Yeah and Wrath was not Scourge-themed, it was Lich King themed. Oh wait, the Scourge was still in there, so was the Legion in TBC. The whole fucking expansion was called "THE BURNING CRUSADE", but yeah, totally not Burning Legion themed. I guess it was Illidan that went on a Burning Crusade throughout the whole universe to destroy every planet. I guess Malchezaar was working for Illidan. So was every demon in the Mount Hyjal raid and at the Sunwell, including Kil'jaeden. Lol anybody saying TBC wasn't Legion-themed is mental.
    Scourge was also there is Vanilla (Naxx anyone?), so was the Legion. Your right at face value the "The Burning Crusade" appears to be a Legion themed expansion. You take a second look though and really after the Dark Portal drama your focused on the Illidari. I mean look at the dungeons ffs.

The three in Hellfire Citadel, Illidari Fel Orcs

The three in Coilfang Resevoir Illidari Naga,

The three in Tempest Keep, Illidari Blood Elves. The bosses in Arcatraz are various prisoners the Naaru captured.

The two in the Caverns of Time we deal with the Infinite Dragonflight.

And I honestly have no idea WTF is going on in the four Auchidoun dungeons, they're all kind of doing they're own thing. It's not until the final patch where the Legion makes a presence again. And yea your kinda right, it kind of was Illidan on the Burning Crusade since he was the one kicking their ass while we were just being a pain in his ass. There was always controversy as to why the hell we killed him anyway.

Also there was no reason even go to Mount Hyjal story wise since the Infinite Dragonflight aren't even present there. They would have won the battle with or without us. Blizz just thought being there would be cool.

Either way I personally find it unlikely that Blizzard will make the next expansion centered around blatantly massive bad who springs up at random, Azshara, N'zoth or Sargeras could make sense since they've been lingering around for awhile. But a problem with Deathwing was that having defeated Arthas this random massive dragon that's been mia forever just pops up and wrecks everything and suddenly it's "OMG were all gonna die again apparently".
    Last edited by Matthias; 2017-05-18 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    Scourge was also there is Vanilla (Naxx anyone?), so was the Legion. Your right at face value the "The Burning Crusade" appears to be a Legion themed expansion. You take a second look though and really after the Dark Portal drama your focused on the Illidari. I mean look at the dungeons ffs.

The three in Hellfire Citadel, Illidari Fel Orcs

The three in Coilfang Resevoir Illidari Naga,

The three in Tempest Keep, Illidari Blood Elves. The bosses in Arcatraz are various prisoners the Naaru captured.

The two in the Caverns of Time we deal with the Infinite Dragonflight.

And I honestly have no idea WTF is going on in the four Auchidoun dungeons, they're all kind of doing they're own thing. It's not until the final patch where the Legion makes a presence again. And yea your kinda right, it kind of was Illidan on the Burning Crusade since he was the one kicking their ass while we were just being a pain in his ass. There was always controversy as to why the hell we killed him anyway.

Also there was no reason even go to Mount Hyjal story wise since the Infinite Dragonflight aren't even present there. They would have won the battle with or without us. Blizz just thought being there would be cool.

Either way I personally find it unlikely that Blizzard will make the next expansion centered around blatantly massive bad who springs up at random, Azshara, N'zoth or Sargeras could make sense since they've been lingering around for awhile. But a problem with Deathwing was that having defeated Arthas this random massive dragon that's been mia forever just pops up and wrecks everything and suddenly it's "OMG were all gonna die again apparently".

Illidan has a connection to the Legion, so everything with Illidan is still connected to the Legion. He led his own faction of demons that defected from the Burning Legion. Hell in TBC we even thought that Illidan was still working for the Legion. Kael'thas ended up allying with Kil'jaeden, so his story is connected to the Legion. Even the orcs are connected to the Legion. The whole fucking world of Outland has a history with the Legion. The draenei have a history with the Legion. To say that it wasn't a Legion expansion is just dishonest. You might as well say that Wrath wasn't a Scourge expansion because it also had Vrykul and Titans and an old god, or that Cataclysm wasn't a dragon expansion, because Vanilla had dragons too, and Cataclysm also had Ogres and Twilight's Hammer and Elementals etc. Oh wait, Cataclysm wasn't about dragons and elementals, cause it also had that one troll patch. Yeah dude, no idea what your thought process is like.

So please just stop trying.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-05-18 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    Nah, Burning Crusade wasn't a legion expansion. It was just a mess. As always with Warcraft just a lot of waste potential. The world of outland was amazing, I actually enjoy the lvling there, hellfire being my fav zone in the game for lvling. But the story was literally WRONG, they had two teams with conflicting ideas and some of the people working on it didn't know what the hell was going on, they thought illidan and kil'jaeden were the same person.
    That's why nothing in TBC makes sense and they had to re-retcon illidan in legion.
    Just a diabolical mess, but it's a stretch to call it a legion themed expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    " Old zones completely changed"

Nope. As much as I would like this, they learned from cataclysm this isn't worth the time investment and people would be upset about losing the old version. This single line item makes this "FAKE NEWS"
    Blizzard is a fan of phased zones, so it's not entirely outrageous to think they would do this.

Also, who's to say they won't make two Northrend instances, one accessible by portal from Orgrimmar, and the other through the expansion' way.

Eh. Golden Yak's concept for a revamped Northrend was cooler. nopunintended

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, besides buying a boost or i guess you get a level 100 from buying the game now?? maybe? The Old zones need to have something done, or something needs to be done about of "levels" because who the fuck wants to spend $60 after they paid for the game, or get bored as hell level 110 times, I think the next xpac will probably address this problem, because its quite a big one now.

Illidan has a connection to the Legion, so everything with Illidan is still connected to the Legion. He led his own faction of demons that defected from the Burning Legion. Hell in TBC we even thought that Illidan was still working for the Legion. Kael'thas ended up allying with Kil'jaeden, so his story is connected to the Legion. Even the orcs are connected to the Legion. The whole fucking world of Outland has a history with the Legion. The draenei have a history with the Legion. To say that it wasn't a Legion expansion is just dishonest. You might as well say that Wrath wasn't a Scourge expansion because it also had Vrykul and Titans and an old god, or that Cataclysm wasn't a dragon expansion, because Vanilla had dragons too, and Cataclysm also had Ogres and Twilight's Hammer and Elementals etc. Oh wait, Cataclysm wasn't about dragons and elementals, cause it also had that one troll patch. Yeah dude, no idea what your thought process is like.

So please just stop trying.
    We didn't think Illidan was still working for the Legion, he ran off to Outland to prepare for Kil'jaeden's wrath for his failure at Icecrown.

And the Vrykul actually were deeply connected to the Scourge, Illidan raised King Ymirion from the dead to make them his servants. He turns many of the women into Valk'yr. True we go on a tangent in Ulduar, but every other big raid and most dungeons are about the Scourge.

And Cataclysm was never a Dragon expansion, it was a freakin "Cataclysm" with the minions of Deathwing trying to destroy the freakin world. On the surface Cataclysm is kind of a mess with an amalgamation of villains popping up. But their all related through the Old Gods, thus allied with the Destroyer. Deathwing was corrupted by them early on, the Elemental Lords were they're lieutanants eons ago, the Twilight Hammer are pretty much terrorist that worship them. And the Cataclysm is there to bring out destruction and potentially free the Old Gods.

I just know my lore dude, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankelmir View Post
    Nah, Burning Crusade wasn't a legion expansion. It was just a mess. As always with Warcraft just a lot of waste potential. The world of outland was amazing, I actually enjoy the lvling there, hellfire being my fav zone in the game for lvling. But the story was literally WRONG, they had two teams with conflicting ideas and some of the people working on it didn't know what the hell was going on, they thought illidan and kil'jaeden were the same person.
    That's why nothing in TBC makes sense and they had to re-retcon illidan in legion.
    Just a diabolical mess, but it's a stretch to call it a legion themed expansion.
    Thank you! But the fact that you didn't really feel the theme behind TBC is what I liked about it. It felt like you were still just an adventurer exploring, seeking out treasure and glory. WoTLK it's clear your dealing with the full brunt of the Scourge, since Arthas pops up every other day to laugh in your face like a Saturday cartoon villain, and your a hero that must stop him. Cataclysm, Deathwing literally breaks that world and flies around burning zones for giggles. By the time of Legion your facing a full on invasion and your the "chosen one" that must stop them.
    Last edited by Matthias; 2017-05-18 at 06:22 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds interesting and logical lorewise, which means it's fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    We didn't think Illidan was still working for the Legion, he ran off to Outland to prepare for Kil'jaeden's wrath for his failure at Icecrown.

And the Vrykul actually were deeply connected to the Scourge, Illidan raised King Ymirion from the dead to make them his servants. He turns many of the women into Valk'yr. True we go on a tangent in Ulduar, but every other big raid and most dungeons are about the Scourge.

And Cataclysm was never a Dragon expansion, it was a freakin "Cataclysm" with the minions of Deathwing trying to destroy the freakin world. On the surface Cataclysm is kind of a mess with an amalgamation of villains popping up. But their all related through the Old Gods, thus allied with the Destroyer. Deathwing was corrupted by them early on, the Elemental Lords were they're lieutanants eons ago, the Twilight Hammer are pretty much terrorist that worship them. And the Cataclysm is there to bring out destruction and potentially free the Old Gods.

I just know my lore dude, thats all.

Thank you! But the fact that you didn't really feel the theme behind TBC is what I liked about it. It felt like you were still just an adventurer exploring, seeking out treasure and glory. WoTLK it's clear your dealing with the full brunt of the Scourge, since Arthas pops up every other day to laugh in your face like a Saturday cartoon villain, and your a hero that must stop him. Cataclysm, Deathwing literally breaks that world and flies around burning zones for giggles. By the time of Legion your facing a full on invasion and your the "chosen one" that must stop them.
    "TBC wasn't a Legion expansion"
    "Cataclysm wasn't a dragon expansion, it was a Cataclysm expansion, man"

Yeah, I sure see that you "know your lore".

I'm done with you, there's no talking to you, just wasted time.

"TBC wasn't a Legion expansion"
    "Cataclysm wasn't a dragon expansion, it was a Cataclysm expansion, man"

Yeah, I sure see that you "know your lore".

I'm done with you, there's no talking to you, just wasted time.
    How exactly is Cataclysm a dragon expansion? Just because the final boss is massive dragon doesn't make it a freakin dragon expansion. It's a high fantasy MMO dragons are everywhere ffs.

WOD existed to get fans more interested in the upcoming planned films. So you go to the movies and actually know who the characters are from the game and people seeing the movie and experiencing Warcraft for the first time play the game and see familiar characters.

That's why it sort of feels tacked on and out of place.

How this is not common knowledge in the WoW community by now is beyond me.

Why is this thread still open? The "leak" was deleted off of reddit a couple of hours after it was posted.