Honestly not a big fan of most of the gauges, their art seems a little out of place like assets from a more low budget mmo like Rift or Tera and dont really fit the rest of the games ui much.

That said the Bard one in particular is nice. A little more flavour to remind you its not just the archer job and also reminds me a bit of the HH in monhun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm pretty excited about the expansion, both in terms of PvE and in terms of the story. Not entirely thrilled by the addition of 'skip' potions but I also figured it was inevitable that they'd add them. Square Enix no doubt decided well in advance that they would be adding them to increase the game's profits. I just hope it doesn't cause them to lower the quality of the storytelling moving forward. I'd hate to see it become the norm for story content to be skipped.
    I doubt it'll be the norm. After all, a strong story is one of FF-XIVs selling points.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I doubt it'll be the norm. After all, a strong story is one of FF-XIVs selling points.
    especially compared to the FF's that came before and after it in the mainline series

*still want that Ardyn glamour tho

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say, if it isn't readily apparent how it's going to work, it already failed it's primary purpose of giving information in an easy and quick to read way.
    Unless they redesigned all the classes as harshly as Blizzard did. I hope not, since I quite like my WHM. ._.
    Except we don't know any of the new skills and how it'll fit into the gauge/flow of the class. Again, we just have to wait until stormblood to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly not a big fan of most of the gauges, their art seems a little out of place like assets from a more low budget mmo like Rift or Tera and dont really fit the rest of the games ui much.

That said the Bard one in particular is nice. A little more flavour to remind you its not just the archer job and also reminds me a bit of the HH in monhun.
    Wasn't crazy about the SAM one because it looks to take up a ton of screen estate. I did like the MNK and SMN ones, along with the tank ones.

i feel like SAM and NIN are too similar, gameplay wise or is it just me ?

SAM seem to have the same "combine different thing to do different spell"

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Dam cant wait, effects and animations looked a step up from what it is now. Dont mind the gauges, looking forward to MCH and MNK!

Well mana should matter more than it did in HW, that much I agree on.
    As a healer, I really do NOT want to worry about a secondary resource and forced "rotations" to generate / spend said resource.
    Guess the classical healer gameplay is considered "boring" by today's games. ._.
    I agree with you on healing, there shouldn't be a "rotation" but the video didn't really seem to show that there was one. FFXIV healing is less frenzied than in other games when the group performs well and the tank uses proper cooldowns and stuff so there's much more room to add some additional flavor to healing than in other games IMO. You can see it in low level dungeons when the healer and tank are sync'd or in high level dungeons when the group is geared, when all the healer does is heal, they don't really do much. Scholars especially can just put their fairy on auto and practically AFK their way through the dungeon. In situations like this, having the ability or requirement for the the healer to do more than just hit the heal button IMO would make them more engaging, because yes...in those situations JUST healing is boring.

Deleted
    I love the new job gauges tbh. Combining all relevant information in 1 place that is easy to see and react to, rather than having to keep track of a bunch of buffs/debuffs. Artwise, yeah i guess some of them doesn't really fit that well into the standard UI and such but oh well.

Also if you don't like them, I'm pretty sure there will be a way to turn them off entirely.
    Last edited by mmocb2358cdeee; 2017-05-22 at 10:52 PM.

...Fuck ended up falling asleep so much for a day off for this. Anyways good job Square now I cant pick what job I want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Cleric Stance is a temporary damage boost, no longer a swap on/off. No more stance dancing for healers.
    In a vacuum, this is a very disapointing change. I assume it's going to come along with other changes too, but it's still an odd choice. If it's going to be a DPS cooldown for healers do they even need one exclusive to healing jobs? Let them share Raging Strikes or something and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    As I predicted, looks like the MSQ skip and level skip potions are going in. Let's hope concerns are unfounded in the impact that will have.
    I think the price is far too high for the MSQ skip potions. Then again, I do also think it should be included as a free of charge option for anyone who wants to play the game right off the bat too. Having to pay extra to opt out of developer concietedness isn't something I can support.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I don't tolerate entitlement or stupidity. Asking for a TL;DR for a story you just paid your way to NOT experience is both of those things.
    If a player has skipped the story and not bothered to catch up from either an Inn room or a Wiki then it's a pretty safe bet they either an alt, or they don't care about the story at all. Anyone who IS interested in the story is either going to play through it or catch up on it from the Inn.

Even raising it as an issue just shows how completely out of touch FF fans are with people who don't enjoy the game story. It was never going to be a significant issue. It never will be a significant issue. You're making mountains out of molehills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The argument that "potions will bring clueless people into high level dungeons" is kinda moot since most people are terrible in FFXIV. I mean in pugs.
    Absolutely. Everyone starts off as a new player in dungeons, complete with all the embarassing deaths and being terrible that comes with it. Most people don't stay new for very long and quickly get the hang of both their class and the content they're doing. People just love to gloss over the times they failed the mechanics the first few times they did a dungeon and pretend they started out as experts.

At best it's a great opportunity for veteran players to give something back to the community they're so passionate about. At worst these new players are going to be learning the new dungeons at the same time as everybody else and no one will know the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well mana should matter more than it did in HW, that much I agree on.
    As a healer, I really do NOT want to worry about a secondary resource and forced "rotations" to generate / spend said resource.
    Guess the classical healer gameplay is considered "boring" by today's games. ._.
    As far as I know the healers aren't really changing much. Some additions are being added but Yoshida noted that how WHM are played remained largely unchanged. Of course I don't know how the additions will add to it as we don't know the finer details yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    As far as I know the healers aren't really changing much. Some additions are being added but Yoshida noted that how WHM are played remained largely unchanged. Of course I don't know how the additions will add to it as we don't know the finer details yet.
    So WHM remains the boring option then

Anyone have a link to something showing all the known changes so far? Been skimming threads on here off and on and see a lot of opinions and comments, but would like to see what we know is changing. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Anyone have a link to something showing all the known changes so far? Been skimming threads on here off and on and see a lot of opinions and comments, but would like to see what we know is changing. Thanks in advance!
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...aring&sle=true

Seems to be the one that has the most detailed information.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Wasn't crazy about the SAM one because it looks to take up a ton of screen estate. I did like the MNK and SMN ones, along with the tank ones.
    i actually think SAM would be one of the easier ones to use. just a simple resource bar and 3 light up icons.

i think they seemed more obnoxious because yoshi was setting them to max size.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...aring&sle=true

Seems to be the one that has the most detailed information.
    Awesome, thanks a bunch!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...mKCDeY/preview

The entire live letter in text form shortened down

10+ Year Old Account
    I love all of the monk, dragoon, and machinist changes and their little unique gauges!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I hope the accessory role restrictions are only going to apply to SB gear. Otherwise I need to make farm up some for my retainers. My Paladin retainer is using heaer/caster rings. :P
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"