Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    How did he manage to hold threat? Oo
    He didn't, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Except that when you are playing a multiplayer game with the trinity system, you DO have to play a certain way. To a point at least. You get to choose one of three roles, and when engaging in group content you have to accomplish the job assigned to that role. Once that's done it just makes sense to try to push a bit further and get at least a little better. A healer could conceivably keep everyone alive through pure healing, never once cleansing a DoT or debuff (aside from Doom). But that actually just requires more healing be done in the long run. Damage dealt to a monster is actually the most effective form or preventative healing there is. Like the saying goes, dead DPS deal no DPS. Dead monsters deal no damage.

But if you really think healer DPS doesn't make dungeons go faster, you've either never actually played a healer in this game or never played with a decent healer to see just how much damage they can dish out. With a decent group, a good healer's DPS can cut about 20% off the time it takes to clear a dungeon.
    Dpsing as a healer is optional, that is a cold hard fact. I never said it doesn't make dungeons go faster but for the average player you're not speedrunning and they're not dpsing. Unless you're doing raids or pushing savage content then who the fuck cares if the healer isn't dpsing anyways. You kids need to get over yourselves about saying a healer HAS to dps or they're bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    Yoshi P and other devs have even stated you don't need or have to dps as a healer since it's optional. That's not how it was meant or designed to be played, it's just there for off-times when you're not healing just like in other mmos.
    Which is complete bullshit and doesn't factor in community mindset one bit.
    If people do all they can, they tend to get annoyed if another dude just stands there and leeches of their effort.

I don't expect every player to be elite skilled, hell I fuck up myself all the time, it happens. I do expect everyone to adhere to one simple rule:
    A B C. Always Be Casting. Simple as that. Don't waste GCD by standing around and doing nothing.

I don't think playing the game actively is unreasonable to ask.

BTW: ever tried to DPS as a Holy Priest in WoW? Holy Nova rocks on big pulls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    He didn't, for the most part.
    thought as much.

- - - Updated - - -

You kids need to get over yourselves about saying a healer HAS to dps or they're bad.
    Last time I checked, a player has to be able to use ALL of his classes toolkit in order to be considered "good".
    Yah that includes filling downtime with as much DPS as possible w/o putting others at risk.

If you are not good, you are bad. Simple logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Cross server party finder w/ passwords.

I know y'all were just chatting. Just wanted to point out that it was possible.

At least, I'm pretty sure I remember reading about it. I never use PF.
    Cross server is limited to one's datacenter, though. I'm pretty sure both of them are in different datacenters.

Which is complete bullshit and doesn't factor in community mindset one bit.
    If people do all they can, they tend to get annoyed if another dude just stands there and leeches of their effort.

I don't expect every player to be elite skilled, hell I fuck up myself all the time, it happens. I do expect everyone to adhere to one simple rule:
    A B C. Always Be Casting. Simple as that. Don't waste GCD by standing around and doing nothing.

I don't think playing the game actively is unreasonable to ask.

BTW: ever tried to DPS as a Holy Priest in WoW? Holy Nova rocks on big pulls.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I really do get you should always be casting, I do it on AST and I'd do it on whatever healer but a lot of people don't do this and It doesn't bother me. You're not leeching if you've been healing. No ones going to kick you if you're healing and not dpsing at all I promise you that since you and the tank are more valuable than any other party member.

You also have to think about new players or less skilled healers that are unfamiliar with dungeons, trials, raids or whatever and this A B C mindset leads them to die because they're no longer focusing on healing but dpsing. This of course comes with knowledge and experience in fights but it's bad overall in the community if you're trying to force an optional playstyle on everyone imo.

Also healing dps has always sucked in WoW, but Holy Nova spamming was fun though.

You kids need to get over yourselves about saying a healer HAS to dps or they're bad.
    This is the second time in this thread you've called someone a kid. You need to stop doing that. Because I guarantee I'm older than you.

You also need to actually read things you're replying to. I never said healers HAVE to DPS. I said

when engaging in group content you have to accomplish the job assigned to that role. Once that's done it just makes sense to try to push a bit further and get at least a little better.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Last time I checked, a player has to be able to use ALL of his classes toolkit in order to be considered "good".
    Yah that includes filling downtime with as much DPS as possible w/o putting others at risk.

If you are not good, you are bad. Simple logic.
    Might check again cause this has never realistically been the case in any mmo. There's always abilities in a classes kit that are never used at all so by your words almost no one plays any class in any game to their full potential. :P

Dpsing as a healer is optional, that is a cold hard fact. I never said it doesn't make dungeons go faster but for the average player you're not speedrunning and they're not dpsing. Unless you're doing raids or pushing savage content then who the fuck cares if the healer isn't dpsing anyways. You kids need to get over yourselves about saying a healer HAS to dps or they're bad.
    When the tank(s) and the DPS are using every GCD available to them during fights, I don't see why a healer shouldn't do the same. Or should we just AFK when a healer is doing nothing himself, we'll see how that goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    This is the second time in this thread you've called someone a kid. You need to stop doing that. Because I guarantee I'm older than you.
    Unless you prove yourself otherwise I will call you a kid whenever I please if your actions, words or mindset lead me to believe your are indeed childish. You can't guarantee anything because you don't know me nor do I know you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    When the tank(s) and the DPS are using every GCD available to them during fights, I don't see why a healer shouldn't do the same. Or should we just AFK when a healer is doing nothing himself, we'll see how that goes...
    Guess we simply shouldn't use defensive cooldowns, and sit in every single AoE. You know, so healer has something to do.

Most tanks don't use every gcd though because it's not needed half the time. It just depends on the content you're doing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Guess we simply shouldn't use defensive cooldowns, and sit in every single AoE. You know, so healer has something to do.
    "Sorry Mr.Healer for playing correctly and providing you time to deal some dam....oops I meant to say time to watch Netflix."

Edit for Rawrajishxc : You're telling me that "most tanks" don't use a skill every 2.5sec (minus skill speed) until the fight is over ? Are you for real with this assessment ?

10+ Year Old Account
    You also have to think about new players or less skilled healers that are unfamiliar with dungeons, trials, raids or whatever and this A B C mindset leads them to die because they're no longer focusing on healing but dpsing. This of course comes with knowledge and experience in fights but it's bad overall in the community if you're trying to force an optional playstyle on everyone imo.
    I'd never expect a healer to DPS in unknown duties or in duties where damage is so heavy that cleric at the wrong time = a dead DPS.
    I main WHM and I don't do that. Once I am comfortable with the mechanics I start assessing where and when I can squeeze in DPS.

In case you have the wrong image of me: I'd never kick a healer that doesn't do DPS. I may be annoyed and he might not get the commendations but I'd never kick or pressure him verbally.

Unless you prove yourself otherwise I will call you a kid whenever I please if your actions, words or mindset lead me to believe your are indeed childish. You can't guarantee anything because you don't know me nor do I know you.
    Then quote where I was being childish. Please.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Edit for Rawrajishxc : You're telling me that "most tanks" don't use a skill every 2.5sec (minus skill speed) until the fight is over ? Are you for real with this assessment ?
    You said using EVERY gcd ability available, which case most don't. Just their basic ST or aoe rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might check again cause this has never realistically been the case in any mmo. There's always abilities in a classes kit that are never used at all so by your words almost no one plays any class in any game to their full potential. :P
    I'm not concerned with old WoWs crap class design that spammed you with abilities you never used in your spec. There is a reason why Blizzard eventually decided that shadow priests really don't need holy attack spells. Still there were mobs in Sunwell that took increased (a LOT) damage from holy attacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having a different opinion than you does not make someone childish. You calling people a kid, is childish.

Except make the dungeon go a lot faster. Healers can do some pretty neat DPS.
    Also please stop with the "who are you to judge". In MMO-group content there is only one way to play correctly: maximizing output while minimizing downtime.
    You can herp-a-derp on your quest mobs while solo all you want.
    No, thats not an mmo thing, thats a wow thing. Thats why I say, after all is said and done, WoW has ruined the mmo genre. These games used to about giving you a world to lose yourself in, to create experiences. Now their just spreadsheets with graphics. Wow players keep spreading out and trying to turn every game into another wow. I never saw these kinds of attitudes in other mmos on such a large scale until wow came out. If you want a certain playstyle out of the people your grouping with, build your own group. Otherwise accept that a random queue is random, play the best you can play, then move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Oh yeah?!
    BRING IT ON!

I'd never expect a healer to DPS in unknown duties or in duties where damage is so heavy that cleric at the wrong time = a dead DPS.
    I main WHM and I don't do that. Once I am comfortable with the mechanics I start assessing where and when I can squeeze in DPS.

In case you have the wrong image of me: I'd never kick a healer that doesn't do DPS. I may be annoyed and he might not get the commendations but I'd never kick or pressure him verbally.
    That's the whole point though, I get if you're familiar with every fight you should be dpsing but if you're not I'm not going to bitch at you unless it's savage which is the only time a healer dps can really make or break a phase or win a fight that matters(if you're doing Savage mode you already know to dps as healer though tbh). I never said you specifically would kick someone, just in general for people that are elitist enough with the mindset if you're not dpsing on healer you're shit.