Thread: New Dragon Age

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Only if they make it like Dragon Age 1 .. They made it for PC first and it showed with a masterpiece, Dragon Age 2 was made consoles first and it was a disaster... so yea, if they make it PC first, it can be good.

Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!!!

On a serious note I think the 1 last bit of untapped story is the story of Tevinter. To do this it doesn't necessarily have to be in chronological order. IE if this Dragon Age is to take place in Tevinter it doesn't have to be after the events of DA:I.

One possible story which could be cool would be after much upheaval and just general chaos with the top Magisters in Tevinter one of the Magisters seeking peace wants to permanently disconnect our World with the Fade. What this would mean is that all mages would suddenly become tranquil but then there would no longer be magic or the possibility of demons coming into our realm. This would of course make the magister seeking into Tranquil himself but a sacrifice he is willing to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That implies somehow there's nothing good at all in Dragon Age Inquisition and ME:Andromeda which I find that laughable.
    Not I didn't imply there's nothing good, but their stories suffered as a result of open world, they weren't enhanced by it.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Naw, not really. You flatout were the pessimist 3edgy5me comment.

ME3's ending was fine for what it is. I didn't particularly like it but there was never any way they were going to somehow make an ending that would fulfill literally everybody's choices. It wasn't amazing, but people pretending it was the worst bastardization in the modern gaming times are ridiculous.

DA:I had problems but was also decent.

People just love to drastically overexaggerate when something isn't absolutely perfect. Its why you get idiots saying DA2 was terrible when it really only had 1 problem with it. And actually improved on DA:O in quite a few ways.
    Give examples on where DA2 improved upon DA:O. Hard mode : Graphics don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    isn't sandal kinda explained by that deep roads dlc for inquisition?

as for the maker, i want him to be real honestly. come out of no where and surprise even solas. have a god vs. god battle.
    I must have missed the Sandal part. Not sure if I played that DLC, now that you mention it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I must have missed the Sandal part. Not sure if I played that DLC, now that you mention it.
    all i remember about it is(i think, i didn't play it, i just read it) that there are dwarves using magic and it explains their connection to the world.

sandal clearly has emerging magical capabilities and is likely descended from these dwarves.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2017-05-24 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Exactly! It was a pretty perfect system for resolving the idiotic default priorities the AI takes. After a while, once my team was leveled up well, and had all the abilities they needed, I could basically just let the AI take care of things, and I sat in the back and healed them. It was pretty awesome. Sorta reminiscent of Final Fantasy 10. Even in that game you could automate combat to the point where you will never lose.
    Indeed, once you had Alli and Wynn to a decent level and had their AI sorted, you could literally leave them to it and they would take care of business. Then lil old Dual Wield Warrior me (RIP DW Warrior :'( ) could dart around, picking off priority targets.

Also, I'm guessing you mean FFXII, because FFX had no automation. I agree though, I remember a friend of mine was fighting one of the hardest bosses in the game... And half way through he went out to smoke a cigarette and his team just carried on going, actualy did a bit BETTER once he stopped micro-managing.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Hoping for a sequel. Ending of the last DLC made me excited for more, I want to know what happens with Solas (Dread Wolf).

Quote Originally Posted by Vorrum View Post
    Give examples on where DA2 improved upon DA:O. Hard mode : Graphics don't count.
    Combat and storytelling were better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Indeed, once you had Alli and Wynn to a decent level and had their AI sorted, you could literally leave them to it and they would take care of business. Then lil old Dual Wield Warrior me (RIP DW Warrior :'( ) could dart around, picking off priority targets.

Also, I'm guessing you mean FFXII, because FFX had no automation. I agree though, I remember a friend of mine was fighting one of the hardest bosses in the game... And half way through he went out to smoke a cigarette and his team just carried on going, actualy did a bit BETTER once he stopped micro-managing.
    I was quite sure I recalled automating actions in the Monster Arena. Specifically when using Wakka. Basically I had it set up that everyone would push their limit break over to Wakka, then have him use the Slots attqck to whoop the monsters ass with full damage attacks.

I know I had to still do the limit break as that required timed button presses. Perhaps it was pseudo automation.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked all 3 Dragon Age games, although 2 was rushed. Inquisition was way better then Andromeda though, although the signs of poor writing started to appear. Glad they got Kennedy at the (story) helm.

Graphics don't count? Piss off I can say anything I want that is an improvement.

a.) The graphics.
    b.) The Friendship/Rivalry/Romance system
    c.) The overall cast compared to the overall cast of Origins
    d.) Combat.
    e.) The storyline.

I can keep going.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Hoping for a sequel. Ending of the last DLC made me excited for more, I want to know what happens with Solas (Dread Wolf).

[Citation needed]

[Citation needed]
    Citation needed of what?

Its clear you're going to ignore what anyone says any way.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Graphics don't count? Piss off I can say anything I want that is an improvement.

a.) The graphics.
    b.) The Friendship/Rivalry/Romance system
    c.) The overall cast compared to the overall cast of Origins
    d.) Combat.
    e.) The storyline.

I can keep going.
    Agreed. I felt it pretty much improved upon all areas.

Not that I don't acknowledge the flaws, the laziness and reuse in environments, however these for me were generally minor flaws, not game breakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Agreed. I felt it pretty much improved upon all areas.

Not that I don't acknowledge the flaws, the laziness and reuse in environments, however these for me were generally minor flaws, not game breakers.
    Pretty much. The reused environments were really the only problem, the rest of the game was fine.

But from certain people in this thread, and certain people on the internet, Dragon Age 2 was the shittest shit fest that ever shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I was quite sure I recalled automating actions in the Monster Arena.
    Oh man, I totally forgot about the Monster Arena... Man, fuck that place XD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post

Well, this is highly debatable. Combat was something I really hated in this game. It threw every strategy out of the window. I hardly ever had to switch to a companion at all. And the enemies materialzing out of thin air were also really annoying. You played strategically? To bad we spawn 3 rogues right on top of your mage. I am not going to pretend Origins combat was perfect, but at least on the first playthrough where I didn't knew which combinations are OP I had to use strategy to win fights. I never had to in DA2. And I can see what they were trying to do with the story. But I couldn't help myself but feel that it is "hawke and friends stumbling through kirkwall". For half of the stuff there is not even a reason for them to be there. The companions are good so its a good stumbling but at the end its not really well written.

I never regretted playing it but a few years back I was massively disappointed with the game. It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't good. I am curious what Bioware will do with combat in DA4. DAI has probably the worst combat of the 3 games yet, my guess is they will not bother to put any strategic view into it anymore. Probably also going the FF15 route of only controlling the main character.

10+ Year Old Account
    A new Dragon Age?!?!

But I still haven't left the Hinterlands!
    ]

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The likes of Cole and Vivienne could have been so much better if the AI were just capable of dealing with their toolkits. Both knight enchanters and assassins are in the top 3 of most powerful specs in the game, but the AI is just so god awful at the game anything but manual control doesn't suffice for anything bur keeping them with a strictly ranged spec. The assassins death mark ability when combined with a tempest 3 bars focus can also drop a high dragon in 10 seconds flat, it's ridiculous.
    I used Death Mark and Dragon Talons in my first playthrough it was fucking awesome
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Well, this is highly debatable.
    It is, it depends on what you enjoy in combat. For example, I don't like the combat in Dark Souls, while many prefer that kind of slow, heavy, punishing style.
    More importantly, I didn't use the tactical bird's eye combat that you have in Dragon Age. I relied on tactics to do most of the work, you could use them really well in DA:O, and I'd only occasionally switch to companions.

Combat in DA:2 was faster, and more fluid, and combos started to be a bigger thing. As someone who at the time played mobas and action games, I realized very quickly I love that style way more than combat in games like DA:O, Kotor, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Dark Souls.

DA:I was the height for me, playing the generic warrior or rogue, or specs like Reaver and Knight Enchanter, that I enjoyed the most out of all Dragon Age games.

As for storytelling: Well, when you have a character that doesn't spend half the conversations in one camp anymore, that has a good sense of humor even when it's inappropriate, and that actually has a voice, well I call that progress.