Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    to those saying it's same content, just watch videos on youtube and don't pay the sub fee, LFR is literally watching a video online, if you don't think so i'm sorry your IQ is so low you found LFR any sort of challenge.
    A prime example of someone who relies on attempting to tread down on others to make themselves look good. This boring hyperbole of "LFR is just watching a video" or "how do you even die in LFR???????!!!!" that we hear so often is just plain false. Yes it's easy, but to some people it's still hard. I still remember hilariously seeing how many people died to Durumu the Forgotten (myself among them for a few times), or those wonderful snails in the same raid. Yes, it was LFR. Yes, it was easy. Yes, people died. Lots of people. Lots of times. Obviously it wasn't "easy mode" to everyone.

People who raid at higher levels need to remember that difficulty is subjective. Some people actually find LFR a challenge. That's fine - it means its doing what it's meant to - its providing content that matches their abilities.

The biggest problem with LFR is in fact those for who it is trivial. Those who DO just AFK through fights and then say "Pah, I cant even die - its so easy". That's simply because the "LFR scrubs" have "carried you". Before you dismiss that as crap think about it. You were doing nothing, THEY kept you alive because you were not pulling your weight. I am not addressing this at those of higher skill levels that do LFR and pull their own weight - there are many who still "play" even though its easy content but there are the minority higher skilled players that think because they have higher skills they have "earned" the right to do nothing.

I am getting off the point, but back to your comment: No LFR is not literally like watching a video. It's actually challenging to some people and they enjoy doing it. They would probably enjoy doing it better if it wasn't trashed by people but they do the content they enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I disagree. LFR and Normal are beginner difficulties. Heroic is a medium level, with Mythic being the true raid difficulty.
    LFR is Easy Beginner Raiding
    Normal is slightly harder Beginner Raiding
    Heroic is medium level Raiding
    Mythic is hard Raiding that apparently gives people the right to say that any other level of raiding is not raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Watching something and actually taking part in something are incredibly different things.
    The problem is that a large minority of those higher skilled players who HAVE stepped into LFR actually DO just watch - or not even that - sit and go AFK - because its far too easy for them to waste their time. To them then, yes LFR is watching a video because they are too entitled to partake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    what are you taking part of in LFR? beating a target dummy that doesn't do anything? wow i can do that in my garrison.
    Try that line again when out of 25 people beating a target dummy in your garrison, 15 of them drop dead because of not paying attention to mechanics that apparently dont matter in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Yes it all depends on personal goals. It's okay if people only want to do LFR, so long as they understand that they haven't really done or accomplished anything.
    They have accomplished THEIR goals. They have no need to accomplish yours.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    jaylock again with his clickbait
    in the last week Jaylock is back to machine gun thread creation output rate. seems J have a lot of free at the moment

Deleted
    Doing LFR means you've seen the content but I wouldn't say you've completed it. Just as getting to 110 doesn't mean you've completed the game, or finishing normal mode dungeons means you've completed all dungeon content.

Deleted
    Actually, you are trying to say that number of wipes decides what completes content.
    Therefore, wiping is content???

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not an opinion. Its an objective fact that he hasn't completed the raid tier by doing LFR.

Raiding requires coordination and communication with an organized team. LFR is none of that, hence does not qualify as raiding. Feel free to disagree.
    Thanks for your permission, I believe I will. When police make a "raid" on a property for example do they only call it such if it was very difficult and dangerous? "Sorry gov, the perps weren't armed so we cant call this a raid, it was more of an uninvited teaparty".....

A raid is a raid - difficulty is irrelevant to WHAT it is. it is only relevant to how DIFFICULT it is and even that is subjective.

It's up to you.

And I don't mean that as a generic "it depends on who is playing and what their goals are" I mean it's up to you Jaylock. At what point have you completed the expansion entirely? Teach me, my master.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    They have accomplished THEIR goals. They have no need to accomplish yours.
    Never talked about my goals. This is not even about opinions. Their goals are lower than what the game has to offer.

THIS IS FINE.

It's still not a big accomplishment, it factually is not a big accomplishment, they don't NEED to accomplish anything big, they can do what they want, what they aim for, what they enjoy.

It doesn't change the FACT that it's a small accomplishment.

You guys keep seeing what I type as derogatory, it's not. Saying someone is short is not a fucking insult, they are short, it's stating a fact, get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so obsessed with talking about LFR...

The Donald Trump of MMO Champion is back with click-bait attention-grabbing-look-at-me threads again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic kill provides the true end fight of the raid, more phases, dialogue, etc = more content. You haven't done the content if you personally haven't done this.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Deleted
    For a lot of people Yes, the game ends with LFR.

For me the game ends when i complete normal mode.

Well, without a raid guild, yeah, LFR is the endgame.

Since MoP I've done all the raid content in LFR, once, and never set foot in it again.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

You guys keep seeing what I type as derogatory, it's not. Saying someone is short is not a fucking insult, they are short, it's stating a fact, get over it.
    I am guessing that you have been in the reverse situation. I have seen people like you use this as a defense in the past. They are "simply stating the truth. Not insulting them."

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the player's goals. No one cares what you think about their progression. All that really matters is shen that player feels they have accomplished what they want. If someone wants to see the story, great. There's LFR. If someone wants to brag, okay, there's mythic. If people just want to have a good time with their friends, there's normal or heroic. Its a game. Play whatever you want and consider yourself done when you want. Screw what others think of your progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    In the 80s 90s 2000s and even early 2010s higher difficulty levels = more content. But somehow here that's completely not the case
    No it wasnt even back then more content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I am guessing that you have been in the reverse situation. I have seen people like you use this as a defense in the past. They are "simply stating the truth. Not insulting them."
    If it felt like an insult to someone I don't even know what to say really. Take a chill pill, get out more maybe? Everybody sees everything as a negativity even if it's clearly not, people are like literally looking for a fight.

All you had to say was "yeah that's true, LFR is a very small accomplishment even if it's someone's goal" and move on.

I work out just to stay healthy, not to look buff or even be athletic, cuz that's my goal, that's what I have time to put into. It's also just a small accomplishment and I wouldn't feel insulted if someone said it's a small accomplishment. Because that's what it is. I don't live in an imaginary wonderland where everything I do must be recognized as amazing, I know what things are and apparently I lot of people on this forum (or in this generation as a whole) don't.

If it felt like an insult to someone I don't even know what to say really. Take a chill pill, get out more maybe? Everybody sees everything as a negativity even if it's clearly not, people are like literally looking for a fight.
    Yup. That does seems to suggest you have never been on the receiving end. How fortunate for you. I am not the one "who needs to get out more."

lol @ "different difficulties are considered different content"

The mental gymnastics these mythic raiders are pulling out to somehow validate all the time they're wasting is getting to be too much

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Yup. That does seems to suggest you have never been on the receiving end. How fortunate for you. I am not the one "who needs to get out more."
    The thing is I don't FEEL like I'm on the "receiving end" when it happens (and it does happen) cuz I'm not a close minded little shit who wants everybody to lie to me so I can feel better. Your small accomplishments are small accomplishments, get over yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you think that if a player completes LFR and/or even Normal, then they have completed 100% of the raid content in an expansion?

Personally I don't think so. If you put the amount of raid content on a straight line and the line is raid content, and it is divided up by the difficulty levels, then id say a person who only completed LFR would have only completed maybe 5% of the raid content of an expansion.

Just as an example:

LFR = 5% completion
    Normal = 20% completion
    Heroic = 35% completion
    Mythic = 40% completion

If a player were to complete all of these difficulties, killing every boss, then they would be at 100% completion of the raid content in an expansion.

Do you agree / disagree?

So if a player only completes LFR and does heroic dungeons, have they really even nipped the surface of the expansion's content?
    What motivation is there to complete higher raid? You have NEVER in all you YEARS OF BITCHING ABOUT LFR answered that. Pretty shinys? Boring. New mounts? Useless. AFKing in a capital to see all the envious whispers when you come back to game hours later? That's pathetic. In what way does this improve your character other than making it better for higher raiding... it's an endless cycle! And when PvP gear was introduced... made it even worse!

Jaylock, get a brick, smash yourself in the face until your vision changes. Because THAT is what WoW raiding has been for over a decade.