Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I was surprised to see a rather young woman be a garbageman the other day. The crew repainting my living room had 2 young women in it, with 1 elderly experienced man supervising and teaching them.

The idea that women would somehow be against working in these professions when most women never even associate in cirquits where the highest paying jobs are positioned is just another generalization adopted as fact. Men and women alike need to know that low-end jobs are not a shame and not bound to 1 gender or the other. I think some countries have gotten further than others on that field.
    Indeed. Another thing to note is location. In a state where the largest industry is manufacturing, you'll have those jobs revered as "making it". In places where corporate jobs are the big win, you'll see people aiming for those positions. Grew up in a fishing town? Good chance there is a culture which promotes people to become fishers.

While people break tge mold, or shoot for different goals, local culture is an element at play. My family are warehouse workers. Men and women alike. Men do the lifting, women push the paper. I broke the mold and went into the Tech industry. But most my bloodline were ware house workers, and im sure it will continue with the next generation.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I thought so too, until I realized that it does indeed accurately describe the reasoning of some men.
    Never met anyone who criticised women as a whole for the actions of some.

Stereotyping certain types of women (Blonde woman in a short skirt wearing lots of jewellery and hanging around older men=gold digging), sure but they also stereotyped other men... (Heavily Bearded Man=Scruffy/Bald guy with tattoos=Rough, poor and stupid).

shitty comic
    I love that comic because it destroys itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Also, in your defense, this is a thread about a statue which literally represent wall street, and corporations. So talking about CEO's and such is the most appropriate angle.
    Exactly, thanks.

I think it's an improvement.

What, that "not all!" applies to every group generalizing?

Why wouldn't it?
    Because something something feminists aren&apos;t a hive mind.<br>
    <br>
    But lolol all men call women goldiggers. Like and share my mind blowing comic!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Indeed. Another thing to note is location. In a state where the largest industry is manufacturing, you'll have those jobs revered as "making it". In places where corporate jobs are the big win, you'll see people aiming for those positions. Grew up in a fishing town? Good chance there is a culture which promotes people to become fishers.

While people break tge mold, or shoot for different goals, local culture is an element at play. My family are warehouse workers. Men and women alike. Men do the lifting, women push the paper. I broke the mold and went into the Tech industry. But most my bloodline were ware house workers, and im sure it will continue with the next generation.
    Indeed. One side of my family has cops on it. The other has criminals.

I jest, but the cop part is true for 1 family within the fold. The dad (my mom's cousin) broke his family's mold of working in industry and became a cop. His 3 children are now; A cop, a security guard aspiring to become a cop, and the sister is in the military.

The dad's sister however, didn't break away from the mold and she works in the electricity industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Satire, dear.
    Its hard to tell these days my apologize.

So the bull stands for the strength of the American people during times of hardship and was installed during a stock market crash. The fearless girl is there to? Show that a little girl can stand up to the American people and stop their strength? I don't get how the fearless girl doesn't insult the bull to anyone that knows the true meaning of it. If anything you could even say the little girl is an act of unpatriotic symbolism because it is intend on stopping the bull "The strength of the American people".

Can someone make a statue of a giant dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Because something something feminists aren't a hive mind.<br>
    <br>
    But lolol all men call women goldiggers. Like and share my mind blowing comic!
    You're actually exhibiting the exact same attitude exemplified in that comic.

Don't worry, I've never ever believed that "all men call women gold diggers". That doesn't mean none do though, especially on these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Can someone make a statue of a giant dragon?
    Nah, someone would find a way to be offended by it.

You're actually exhibiting the exact same attitude exemplified in that comic.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, someone would find a way to be offended by it.
    And you don't, "I didn't think this comic was true but it is"?

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT I learned that apparently there is no discrimination against women in executive leadership.

Which is certainly an interesting interpretation on it -- and also clearly spoken by people with no exposure to executive leaders.

And you don't, "I didn't think this comic was true but it is"?
    And it is, does that mean I generalize that it applies to all men?

No, it doesn't. Which I've made perfectly clear numerous times in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    ITT I learned that apparently there is no discrimination against women in executive leadership.

Which is certainly an interesting interpretation on it -- and also clearly spoken by people with no exposure to executive leaders.
    Gender/racial discrimination is the invention of those groups in their quest to score advantages and benefits, not something real. Pff!

:P
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-31 at 12:00 AM.

And it is, does that mean I generalize that it applies to all men?

No, it doesn't. Which I've made perfectly clear numerous times in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Gender/racial discrimination is the invention of those groups in their quest to score advantages and benefits, not something real. Pff!

:P
    You could have confused me by pushing a shit comic as proof.

You could have confused me by pushing a shit comic as proof.
    It's an example of the attitudes, not "proof" of anything really.
    And if you "could've been fooled" then perhaps it'd be an idea to try harder to understand? Because I've never referred to all men, merely to some men on these forums and that comic accurately depicting the attitude among them.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-31 at 12:12 AM.

That's a pretty shitty looking dog.

It's an example of the attitudes, not "proof" of anything really.
    One sides attitudes. Book holding feminist only talks about pig men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    That's a pretty shitty looking dog.
    That was the intention.

One sides attitudes. Book holding feminist only talks about pig men.
    You're really set on wearing the victim cardigan, huh?

In the very last frame the scary "feminist" (a woman standing up for herself) distinctly explains what it is she's having an issue with among those 3 men, not going off on some rant about how they represent every man out there.

But I suppose it's difficult to see if one doesn't see the hypocrisy in the first place within making sweeping generalizations about women but being angered if the same is done in relation to men.

Which comes back to "NOT ALL MEN!! But yes, all women", the point being made within the comic.