Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Sounds like the game doesn't agree with you.
    Rating from previous seasons do.

Dont care. will be back there in no time. Posted it because its just strange

Deleted
    Had an awful game with two toxic people (who queued together) who kept complaining, whining and crying blaming everyone else (including me) for losing. Stuck to it and re-queued, end up on Nepal (Control map) and of course both of them are on the opposing side, immediately resuming their toxic behaviour in all chat.

We crushed them, utterly and completely, 3-0, me being a solo healer as Mercy. Not only that but my new team even defended me and told them off. I swear, there is nothing more satisfying than defeating someone who was toxic on your own team the game prior, feels better than ten victories.

I've found it to be really balanced lately. Have had stretches of wins and losses in equal amounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    won 9 placement matches and get 400 less rating then i should have.

have to grind it now
    A lot of it is about the manner in which you win or lose. For good or bad I got totally carried by a couple of smurfs in I think 3 of my wins, so I basically had zero impact in them. By contrast my losses I was the only one on the team with a card, and for one of those even, only 3 cards were handed out. All the matches were basically horribly imbalanced trash so I wasn't overly surprised to lose 200 SR, but I made it back in no time in much better matches after placement so it's nothing to cry about.

The season is 84 days, I expect to get through probably 150 matches in that time so in that context, placements were broadly irrelevant beyond wasting 2-3 hours.

Going strangely toxic.
    By the way, what's up with Mercy mains this season?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Going strangely toxic.
    Always played Mercy ever since the first season, so normally I wouldn't notice, but I have noticed people pointing out an increase in Mercy picks over the last few days. Probably a good thing, we could use a break from Ana plus Lucio who have dominated ever since Ana was released almost a year ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Going strangely toxic.
    There's a lot of hearsay that she's very easy to climb with.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There's a lot of hearsay that she's very easy to climb with.
    True in a way, out of all the heroes, Mercy is most reliant on the rest of the team doing well, she can get nothing done by herself.

This means for skilled players she's harder to climb with, but conversely, for unskilled players she's easier.

Deleted
    Gonna wait another couple of weeks then do mine; it's actually littered with bad Hanzo's and Widow's who would be lucky to hit the floor if they fell on it... To clarify, I don't mind people playing those heroes at all, it's the fact that when it's clearly doing nothing for the team/match, they don't switch and continue to contribute 0.

Hopefully another couple of weeks *most* of the trolls will be done, if not then, c'est la vie...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    Gonna wait another couple of weeks then do mine; it's actually littered with bad Hanzo's and Widow's who would be lucky to hit the floor if they fell on it... To clarify, I don't mind people playing those heroes at all, it's the fact that when it's clearly doing nothing for the team/match, they don't switch and continue to contribute 0.

Hopefully another couple of weeks *most* of the trolls will be done, if not then, c'est la vie...
    For what it's worth, you might as well just get it done and out the way. It's pretty meaningless anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    For what it's worth, you might as well just get it done and out the way. It's pretty meaningless anyway.
    Perhaps you're right I'll see how many I can stomach tonight lol

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Always played Mercy ever since the first season, so normally I wouldn't notice, but I have noticed people pointing out an increase in Mercy picks over the last few days. Probably a good thing, we could use a break from Ana plus Lucio who have dominated ever since Ana was released almost a year ago.
    I mainly play mercy too, but recently I've seen many instant locks on her. That was very strange ...

A lot of really top end players have been complaining about Mercy one tricks (Note NOT mains, one tricks)

There's a LOT of them in GM+ because she's easy to climb with and if you get two of them in the same game you've basically lost because they definitely can't play Ana and Lucio actually requires skill now too.

The issue is with the character design but I don't envy Blizzard trying to fix it, she's a terribly designed hero who also happened to become a huge fan favorite, good luck fixing that.

It'd be nice if she required some mechanical skill to play though.

7+ Year Old Account
    im getting better and better with pharah.

also, im really good at shutting down enemy pharahs mid air lol.
    the hours of zeni play were worth it.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    See, this is why I'm a Lucio/Zen player. SO many Mercies.

Also, I prefer the aggro healing style. And Ana isn't nearly as good for that as she was before they hosed her DPS.

But I'm also a "Lucio/Zen main", not a one-trick. I can wreck face with most tanks and a decent suite of DPS, if we don't need a healer. Was playing mostly Lucio last season, but I think I'm leaning more towards Zenyatta this season. Basically swapping around depending on if there's good boop territory or not.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-06-05 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    It's not a good thing. For some reason, in general, Mercy mains don't seem to be able to play anything else on their level. Probably cause Mercy is so different from anything else. So usually when you get 2+ Mercy mains in the team, it already puts your team in a huge disadvantage.

Deleted
    It's not a good thing. For some reason, in general, Mercy mains don't seem to be able to play anything else on their level. Probably cause Mercy is so different from anything else. So usually when you get 2+ Mercy mains in the team, it already puts your team in a huge disadvantage.
    People who main DPS are far more common offenders to this, unable to play tank or healer on the same level, how's that any different?

In the hundreds of hours of games I've played in Overwatch, I don't think I've encountered many Mercy mains, most people prefer Ana/Lucio/Zenyatta after all. I have encountered other support mains, genji mains, hanzo mains but most of all, I've encountered hundreds of dps mains who didn't or couldn't play tank/healer even if asked by others in the group.

But as you say, Mercy is very different from everything else, many who don't play her don't realize how complex she can really be. She's the only hero I enjoy playing, and therefore the only hero I play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mercy seems fairly hard to climb on just because there are so many other Mercys out there and it is comparing you to such a huge pool.

Mercy mains (or Mercy as a high pick rate) are super common in the lower SR brackets though. When teams are less coordinated and not as skilled, rez can be a gamechanger while things like Ana's grenade or Zen's orb don't end up being capitalised on effectively. If your team can't utilise those tools well, you might as well go for rezbot.

(Despite Mercy being supposeldy the easiest healer, I'm just ass at staying alive on her so I rarely pick her myself, but I'm always happy to play with one who is good at that)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    People who main DPS are far more common offenders to this, unable to play tank or healer on the same level, how's that any different?

In the hundreds of hours of games I've played in Overwatch, I don't think I've encountered many Mercy mains, most people prefer Ana/Lucio/Zenyatta after all. I have encountered other support mains, genji mains, hanzo mains but most of all, I've encountered hundreds of dps mains who didn't or couldn't play tank/healer even if asked by others in the group.

But as you say, Mercy is very different from everything else, many who don't play her don't realize how complex she can really be. She's the only hero I enjoy playing, and therefore the only hero I play.
    The difference is those people usually can play multiple different DPS characters, while Mercy mains way too often can only play that one single character, Mercy. Also, you can actually have 3 or some times even 4 DPS in the team and still make it work somehow. Wanna try with 4 supports?

Mercy mains are nearly the only "one trick" supports I've seen this season. Ana mains are more or less non existent ever since the damage nerf. There's your occasional Lucio main, but those happen like once every 10 games. There is a Mercy main in almost EVERY game. Hey, it's cool as long as it's just one. I like a good Mercy in the team, can be game changer. But like I mentioned earlier, having 2-3 of them usually just means you're fucked, because Mercy mains are often more or less "one trick" sort of players playing only Mercy.

P.S This is on high diamond / low master, could be different on other skill levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is those people usually can play multiple different DPS characters
    I don't think this particular line is true.

There are some heroes where just by nature you'll probably be okay at several if you're good at one because the skills can translate fairly well, but there are plenty that don't. Junkrat is one obvious example because he is played so differently than other heroes. Someone could main him and theoretically rank very high but have zero aiming capabilities if they had to play another hero. Additionally, in my [limited, anecdotal] experience, Junkrat mains are also the least likely to swap to other heroes by far when junk inevitably doesn't work out. I love the fuck out of junkrat -- I have the most hours on him in QP -- but he's not usually a great pick in comp and I encounter so many people all the time that are only capable of playing him. I see those people way more than Mercy mains.

There are other examples too, especially in the defense category, but that was the first one that came to mind because it's been the most frustrating to me in my own games. I do see instalock mercys a lot lately, but I've also never seen a team fight over who gets to play her like I have with Genji or Junkrat.

(I'm playing on Gold, so obviously a lot lower than you though)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |