Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

If super advanced health care was cheap, would you still eat healthy?

Lets say in 2050, they roll out a health care robot. It costs $50 and runs on solar. It can diagnose and cure you of all kinds of things. For the things it cannot cure, it will just grow you a new body (18 years old) and transfer your consciousness into it (in a perfect and painless procedure). Itll even have an emergency backup version of you stored in case of sudden death in the cloud.

Would you still eat healthy? Or just pig out until you get fat and jump into a new body? How about risk taking? Would you go parachute jumping? Dive off a cliff into water? Lots of drugs youd never touch otherwise? What else?
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-06-08 at 12:36 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Depends on how does it transfer my consciousness.

No way to know for sure until you actually do it but I'll say I would try to be reasonable with my health, who wants to undergo a procedure?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if they could reverse Carbs to have a fat burning effect, I would live on Fried Chicken Donut Burgers.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-06-08 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Depends on how does it transfer my consciousness.
    Perfectly and painlessly
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Depends. Eating healthy isn't exactly cheap either.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    if they could reverse Carbs to have a fat burning effect, I would live on Fried Chicken Donut Burgers.
    Please don't tell me that's actually a thing... Sounds as bad as deep fried twinkies at carnivals.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Perfectly and painlessly
    I mean, does it create a copy of it and then uploads it to a cloud, or does it like extract my brain and puts into a new body?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    Depends. Eating healthy isn't exactly cheap either.
    Bullshit, I currently am on a strict healthy diet and spend the same as I did on my shitty unhealthy diet.

The only difference is Prep time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes of course. It feels bad to be unhealthy, regardless of whether or not I could fix it cheaply.

So basically Eve Online's lore excuse for player resurrection.

Assuming everything went perfectly 100% of the time, there wouldn't be a reason not to live a riskier lifestyle!

But there are things to consider. If you do anything that requires physical fitness, every time you are grown a new body you'll basically be restarting your training from zero. In fact most physical activities and craft skills will require a retraining of "muscle memory." So there is that to consider...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Please don't tell me that's actually a thing... Sounds as bad as deep fried twinkies at carnivals.
    I added a picture ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    But there are things to consider. If you do anything that requires physical fitness, every time you are grown a new body you'll basically be restarting your training from zero. In fact most physical activities and craft skills will require a retraining of "muscle memory." So there is that to consider...
    Depends on the precise details of the new-body-growing and consciousness-transferring processes.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    I mean, does it create a copy of it and then uploads it to a cloud, or does it like extract my brain and puts into a new body?
    At this level of tech it can do either

pizza daily, yes plz! even if it was a 30% chance you'd die i'd be ok with it.....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    If it could grow a new body as awesome as my current one is, the answer would probably still be no. Waste of years of hard work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I added a picture ;D
    You're an evil man, now I want one to at least try it .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yFrost View Post
    If it could grow a new body as awesome as my current one is, the answer would probably still be no. Waste of years of hard work.
    Pics or it didn't happen kthnx.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

This is the science we should be working on!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. I actually really enjoy vegetables and well rounded dishes.

I mean sure, I love cake and donuts and fried things, but it doesn't feel good to eat that way all the time.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Itll even have an emergency backup version of you stored in case of sudden death in the cloud.
    This one is entirely irrelevant... A copy of me is not me, my consciousness would not continue, I would be dead and gone and therefore this does not matter.
    Would you still eat healthy?
    Probly, I enjoy healthy food well enough to keep eating healthy. That being said I imagine if they had the tech to just give me a new body we would have the technology to alter the body to to make it simply "throw away" excess calories instead of storing them as fat, and just not get fat to begin with.

How about risk taking? Would you go parachute jumping? Dive off a cliff into water? Lots of drugs youd never touch otherwise? What else?
    No, because like I said above, death is the end of this consciousness, having a backup copy doesn't matter, it would not be me.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.