Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I'd recommend the Throw+Incinerate Combo, It's much fun I use Charge as my 3rd so can't help you there xD
    So does it work like , you throw them up in the air + incenerate them and after that shoot them in the air ?? I mean is it like a stun in the air?

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    So does it work like , you throw them up in the air + incenerate them and after that shoot them in the air ?? I mean is it like a stun in the air?
    Pull lifts targets up, throw knocks them down (or flies them away if they already afflicted by Pull or Singularity).

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    If you like explosions and full ranged (like my first playthrough) try sets of abilities that both prime and explode. I used incinerate + energy drain + lance, all low cooldown distance abilities that feed off each other. Play as engineer or sentinel. Choose medium to long range sniper/pistol/AR of choice to compliment. Or sub in abilities of choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Finally gave the game's demo a try with Origin access' free week.

Now that the meme-worthy facial animations are gone it's basically dumbed down Dragon Age: Inquisition in space without epic world boss fights or previous game save imports.

Since the game is 55% off I figured I'd buy it, bored out of my mind and this at least numbs the boredom.

In the end it's playable, but I wouldn't give it more than 5/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    without epic world boss fights
    Guess you haven't looked around for very long then.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Finally gave the game's demo a try with Origin access' free week.

Now that the meme-worthy facial animations are gone it's basically dumbed down Dragon Age: Inquisition in space without epic world boss fights or previous game save imports.
    You should 100% the maps a little bit more if you think there are no big boss fights in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted they aren't as many as the high dragons of DA:I, but there are bigger world bosses in ME:A. Plus the kett bases that can be a bit difficult to tackle if you do the one on voeld near say level 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    You should 100% the maps a little bit more if you think there are no big boss fights in the world.
    I don't really recall anything on the epic side other than the Architects. Which are all the same. I didn't encounter anything in between the Eiroch's and the Architects. I feel there was a lack of unique enemies.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I don't really recall anything on the epic side other than the Architects. Which are all the same. I didn't encounter anything in between the Eiroch's and the Architects. I feel there was a lack of unique enemies.
    I'd count the big bases as epic boss fights - some of them could be pretty rough, especially if you didn't outlevel them. And not all are mandatory for story.

Also the destroyers before you really spec / gear up to kill 'em for some classes. Was hell on an adept before i got shield-stripping because i had a pistol and a shotgun ( i know, i know, one or the other and an AR... but i like those two).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd count the big bases as epic boss fights - some of them could be pretty rough, especially if you didn't outlevel them. And not all are mandatory for story.

Also the destroyers before you really spec / gear up to kill 'em for some classes. Was hell on an adept before i got shield-stripping because i had a pistol and a shotgun ( i know, i know, one or the other and an AR... but i like those two).
    Good call! I totally forgot about the Destroyers.

Though, would they really count as World Bosses?

Good call! I totally forgot about the Destroyers.

Though, would they really count as World Bosses?
    I'd say so. *really* wasn't expecting one to appear when i turned a corner in a vault and it took me a decent amount of time to beat it down. certainly wasn't a random mook.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say so. *really* wasn't expecting one to appear when i turned a corner in a vault and it took me a decent amount of time to beat it down. certainly wasn't a random mook.
    Yeah man, first one I encountered was accompanied by several other enemies. I felt very ill prepared to take it all on.

But with the use of clever tactics *kiting forever!* I was able to just barely take it out. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The game could have used more enemies like that tbh. The combination of both a destroyer and a fiend at the same time in the final mission made for a pretty interesting battle.

Yeah man, first one I encountered was accompanied by several other enemies. I felt very ill prepared to take it all on.

But with the use of clever tactics *kiting forever!* I was able to just barely take it out. lol
    Kiting and yelling at my companions (also with pistols what was i thinking..........) to kill the shields already and more kiting and random sobbing before it went down for me

You don't lose much for skipping out on the tasks (some experience is about all they give)

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Started a new game recently on the PS4, I was pretty far into the game on the PC but I had to switch to console because of "issues". Anyway, I wonder, will I lose anything important if I skip most of the "Additional Tasks" category of missions (side quests)?

Stuff like collecting stones for the scientists on the Nexus, and similar. I'd like to finish the Story though and do only Main missions and some planetary missions. I guess XP/Resources isn't a problem on this game if you play on Normal, anyway.
    I wouldn't skip them unless you intend to run through the game again at a later date. Remember, if you wanted to maximise Conrad Verner's War Assets in ME3 you needed to do the following in ME1:

- Collect at least 10 of Matriarch Dilinaga's writings.
    - Acquire an Elkoss Combine Armory License
    - Complete Gavin Hossle's side quest on Feros

While most would do Hossle's quest, as you go into his hub as part of the story, not everyone would've bothered with the Writings. It's not a huge amount of War Assets, but it's still something that carried on. Of course, that requires a sequel to carry into, which may be some time coming. I wouldn't expect the Additional Tasks to carry through, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    I wouldn't skip them unless you intend to run through the game again at a later date. Remember, if you wanted to maximise Conrad Verner's War Assets in ME3 you needed to do the following in ME1:

- Collect at least 10 of Matriarch Dilinaga's writings.
    - Acquire an Elkoss Combine Armory License
    - Complete Gavin Hossle's side quest on Feros

While most would do Hossle's quest, as you go into his hub as part of the story, not everyone would've bothered with the Writings. It's not a huge amount of War Assets, but it's still something that carried on. Of course, that requires a sequel to carry into, which may be some time coming. I wouldn't expect the Additional Tasks to carry through, though.
    Well we don't need to worry about that with no sequels coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    The franchise is on a haitus, it’s not being canceled.
    They might do what they did with Dragon Age Inquisition though and make a website where you can create your world state instead or porting things between the games, this would be very likely if a new generation of consoles is released before Mass Effect is woken up from Cryosleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    The franchise is on a haitus, it’s not being canceled.
    Doesn't mean Andromeda will ever get a direct sequel to import our saves to.

They might even abandon Andromeda (the galaxy) altogether after this flop and return to Milky Way as if it never happened. Game set in Andromeda galaxy will inevitably attract all the flac ME:A had into it. Easier to pretent it never happened and do a full reboot or find another way to do soft reboot to the series.

(And honestly, you believe EA puts things on "hiatus" to actually revive them in any worhtwhile form later?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well we don't need to worry about that with no sequels coming.
    That wasn't my point. I was just pointing out that a completely innocuous side quest, that essentially existed for free credits and xp, contributed in some way 2 games later in the form of War Assets, which ultimately all of your decisions ended up contributing to. Even if there's no sequel any time soon, it doesn't hurt to at least consider it.