Looks like the class mounts do count for your mount total in every char, so if you get them for every class (minus Druid), that's 21 more mounts to your mount total.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalliss View Post
    Prestige 13 is a lot! How do you farm the honor for levelling?
    It helps being alliance lol 50% more honor constantly

With that, I was getting a prestige level every 5-7 days of just nonstop queuing

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Looks like the class mounts do count for your mount total in every char, so if you get them for every class (minus Druid), that's 21 more mounts to your mount total.
    Indeed, and it's AMAZE! I was afraid they'd count as 1+ mount to the account!

Quote Originally Posted by Raxiel View Post
    Now this is what I feared the most. Getting the Elderhorn first. Will probably take months to get one of the others.
    #325.
    At least you got a mount, I just got my second Wardens toy this morning. =\

Deleted
    Just got both the Tornheim Paragon Storm Drake AND the Firehawk from Firelands. Today was a good day

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Indeed, and it's AMAZE! I was afraid they'd count as 1+ mount to the account!
    It makes mount collectors feel they need to level every class, and you can't even use them on whatever character you choose. Would you really count that as a good thing?

Finally finished farming some eyes.

#330 on my hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It makes mount collectors feel they need to level every class, and you can't even use them on whatever character you choose. Would you really count that as a good thing?
    As a collector, yes.

People whom can't be arsed, can just not do it.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-12 at 01:13 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

finally done with that damn place. #384 i think? been a bit slack with class mounts.

As a collector, yes.

People whom can't be arsed, can just not do it.
    Come one, this is the worst argument ever. You're better than that, Rorcanna. You often have to go out of your comfort zone as a mount collector, sometimes that's part of the challenge and the fun, but it doesn't mean you can't call bad gameplay or a bad idea for what it really is.

It's a bad idea to encourage people to level one char of every class right away for a reward (I'm saying that with 7 classes at 110, 2 more at 100+ and only one that is truly at low level). Let people do it at their own pace so they feel like there's still something new to try in the future. Placing a significant mount count boost behind having all classes undermines this freedom, and on the long term it's not worth it, you have to realize than...

Just imagine if these 30+ mounts were added as normal mounts instead. It would have been so much better! It's a guarantee that they would have come from more varied content, you wouldn't have to max out all classes, and you'd actually be able to use them on whatever chars you want! How is that not better?

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry for the quick, crappy photo, but wanted to post before heading to bed. Finally hit prestige 13 which brought me up to 372 on the pally. . Slacking a lot on class mounts lately due to the campaigns, but at least got most at 110 already.

Come one, this is the worst argument ever. You're better than that, Rorcanna. You often have to go out of your comfort zone as a mount collector, sometimes that's part of the challenge and the fun, but it doesn't mean you can't call bad gameplay or a bad idea for what it really is.

It's a bad idea to encourage people to level one char of every class right away for a reward (I'm saying that with 7 classes at 110, 2 more at 100+ and only one that is truly at low level). Let people do it at their own pace so they feel like there's still something new to try in the future. Placing a significant mount count boost behind having all classes undermines this freedom, and on the long term it's not worth it, you have to realize than...

Just imagine if these 30+ mounts were added as normal mounts instead. It would have been so much better! It's a guarantee that they would have come from more varied content, you wouldn't have to max out all classes, and you'd actually be able to use them on whatever chars you want! How is that not better?
    Long-term goals belong in an MMORPG. People can level characters and do their questlines at their own pace, nobody's holding a gun to anyone's head saying "DO IT NOW!!!". The class mounts ain't going anywhere.

It's not a bad argument, it's true. It's no different from when they added the Argent Tournament, and some "collectors" were bitching about "having to do boring content for mounts"... Ok, well then either don't do it and miss out, or do it because you're motivated enough by the thought of all those mounts.

I'll take the uniqueness yet GUARANTEE of class mounts over having a ton of mounts added from wherever they could stick them, surely several behind RNG. And they're in the game, do the work for them or don't. You thinking you've got "better" ideas won't change that.

Long-term goals belong in an MMORPG. People can level characters and do their questlines at their own pace, nobody's holding a gun to anyone's head saying "DO IT NOW!!!". The class mounts ain't going anywhere.
    That's easier said than done. Besides, you misunderstand where the point is coming from. If you create an incentive for players to do something that leads to them burning themselves out, or exhausting the magic of the game before they naturally would, the problem isn't that the players will blame you for the incentive, it is that you will blame yourself for the end result.

The criticism comes from an "armchair designer" perspective, pointing out that they are doing something bad for the game, not a "Why you make me do dis?" whine from a player - even though player experience has a part in understanding why it's bad.

Saying that "nobody's holding a gun to anyone's head" is nothing but a pointless truism. Doesn't change the fact that incentive now exists for mount collectors to think that they "have to" get every class at 110 (even if they take their time, it's still a bad thing for this to become a norm if you're a collector).

It's not a bad argument, it's true. It's no different from when they added the Argent Tournament, and some "collectors" were bitching about "having to do boring content for mounts"... Ok, well then either don't do it and miss out, or do it because you're motivated enough by the thought of all those mounts.
    It is a horrible and downright cancerous argument because it has no point. It's the WoW equivalent of "whatever, shut up", presented like you just offered a brilliant rebuttal. You might as well follow your own advice and not respond if that's all you've got.

Obviously tons of players can't be arsed and don't do it, just like tons of players don't like the game and quit. If you are invested enough in the game to care though, you're going to provide constructive criticism hoping that will lead to a better experience in the future. Why allow the little negative things to add up until they make you quit when you want to keep playing?

I can see from your signature you are allergic to criticism, but people have all the rights to do that, and ultimately the game might end up better for them if they make themselves heard. Just because we criticize doesn't mean we don't like other parts of the game, there's no need to feel angry or insecure about that. The things we like are what keeps us playing, the things we talk about are the things we want changed.

I'll take the uniqueness yet GUARANTEE of class mounts over having a ton of mounts added from wherever they could stick them, surely several behind RNG. And they're in the game, do the work for them or don't. You thinking you've got "better" ideas won't change that.
    Personally, I think more than half the class mounts would work just fine for other classes, and even more don't really need to limit colors based on spec. I would like it a lot more if I could make my own choices about what mounts my characters use instead of the developers making those choices for me. RNG (reasonable RNG) would be a small price to pay for the ability to do that.

P.S. This game is rife with RNG. Am I getting your tone wrong, or are you... criticizing that?
    Last edited by Coconut; 2017-06-12 at 02:40 PM.

That's easier said than done. Besides, you misunderstand where the point is coming from.

P.S. This game is rife with RNG. Am I getting your tone wrong, or are you... criticizing that?
    No, I'm not.

You, a random person on a forum, think it's a bad thing for the game to add many different long-term goals for people to strive towards. I think it's amazing and am extremely glad that all these great mounts are available to me, and all it takes is a bit of investment in alts*... something I'd be doing anyway. Your opinion might come out on top to you, but it sure as hell doesn't to me. You could be a formed employee of Blizzard for all I care.

And yes, I believe that things you can work towards will always trump RNG as a mechanic. Especially in an expansion already filled to the brim with RNG. Your insipid and highly wrongful assumption that "I'm allergic to criticism" when it comes to this game aside.

My opinion as a customer, is that the Class Mount system is great and gives me reasons to play alts well beyond just leveling and gearing them. The fact that the mounts add to my mount count only strengthens my will to get them all and the different varieties.
    My opinion when it comes to tailoring the game around people wanting shit for minimal effort and investment, is that they can either put in the "work" (playing a game) or not. In the end, it's their choice and it's not up to Blizzard to tailor the game around the assumption that people can't pace themselves properly and are doing shit they really don't want to do. Especially when the medium age of players, is well above the line for being considered a legal adult. Fuck trying to shield them from themselves.

This brings me back to the MoP Challenge Mode whinefest, and my stance is the exact same for these as it was for those rewards. Only the Class mounts aren't even available for a limited time, nor do they require you to perform with different classes and specs beyond basic leveling mechanics.

*Class Mount count; 3 classes done, 2 more underway at the same time. The biggest hurdle is the timegates in 12 world quests and the Order Hall mission, and for those you just log off and wait. Woah!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-12 at 11:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was deciding to open, or start hoarding extra dreamweavers/court paragons in the bank, but of course, i have this 'I must open it!' mentality... opened the 2 i had, and of course, a 2nd dreamweaver mount
    Contributor of the WoW Secret Finding Discord and the Mother of Aeonaxx

*snip*
    You are entitled to your opinion, but don't act like people aren't allowed to criticize. "Like it or don't do it/quit", "put in the work" and calling everything a "whinefest" or "bitching" are very unhealthy attitudes to have towards the game and other players.

Needless to say, you didn't convince me why this system is so "AMAZE!" other than simply... existing. You like it because it rewards you for "something you'd be doing anyway", which might be why you can't place yourself in the shoes of those who wouldn't do it anyway, but let's not bicker anymore about that. Agree to disagree and have fun getting your mounts.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

got my first paragon rep mount and it's the pretty one too :3

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't act like people aren't allowed to criticize. "Like it or don't do it/quit", "put in the work" and calling everything a "whinefest" or "bitching" are very unhealthy attitudes to have towards the game and other players.

Needless to say, you didn't convince me why this system is so "AMAZE!" other than simply... existing. You like it because it rewards you for "something you'd be doing anyway", which might be why you can't place yourself in the shoes of those who wouldn't do it anyway, but let's not bicker anymore about that. Agree to disagree and have fun getting your mounts.
    I'm entitled to my opinion on people whinging about there being long-term goals to strive towards in an MMORPG. I and others gave feedback on the class mount system requiring rep with Legionfall, which was changed. With it, the Class mount questlines became a breeze.

And I'll be having fun indeed. Others can have their fun choosing to do other things, same as it's always been in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rautx View Post

got my first paragon rep mount and it's the pretty one too :3
    Congratulations, double win so to speak to have your first Paragon mount be the one people covet the most! It's a shame that it's hidden behind rep AND RNG, but at least if feels great when it drops... I assume, my rep mount count; 0. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/a/VwePl

http://imgur.com/a/A9x8f

2 drakes in 2 days. Way more pumped for the Infinite Timereaver though, it's been too long!
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Last raid with a mount I can clear solo for now done. This one took a whileee and I am also sure that more attempts were made but we will go with 258 I guess!