Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    That seems rather stupid. You shouldn't use it without talking to a doctor and going through a medical exam(Including family history of blood clots). If it's anything like where I have lived, it's not hard to get a prescription either way.
    Yeah birth control such as the pill can have lots of bad effects depending on the person it's better that it's monitored but it shouldn't be hard to get either.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    my periods are lighter and more regular, my acne is more under control (although my chin is constantly raging that battle), my cramps arent nearly so debilitating.
    Its great
    Many of my lady friends just use it for the period stuff and general "stability".
    I'm curious tho; does it have any effects on future insamination if you've used them before? Like, something lasting that lowers the chances or are there no such effects (maybe on a very small percentage but thats pretty neglectable).

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I've seen horror stories about birth control and even know a woman who became infernal for life. It's hardly a wonder drug.
    I've seen horror stories about..every single fucking thing.
    Doesn't mean much in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never expected Maine to be this forward thinking, probably for fucked up reasons, but meh, it's a better choice to give women access.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird to me how the conversation turned immediately to social health care when the bill in question only says that you can no e stock up on birth control the same way you can toilet paper. They're not getting it for free, they're just allowed to super-size the order.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Many of my lady friends just use it for the period stuff and general "stability".
    I'm curious tho; does it have any effects on future insamination if you've used them before? Like, something lasting that lowers the chances or are there no such effects (maybe on a very small percentage but thats pretty neglectable).
    It could mess with your cycle even after you quit, for some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    my periods are lighter and more regular, my acne is more under control (although my chin is constantly raging that battle), my cramps arent nearly so debilitating.

Its great
    That's a lot of information. I'm really educated now, thanks for that.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Weird to me how the conversation turned immediately to social health care when the bill in question only says that you can no e stock up on birth control the same way you can toilet paper. They're not getting it for free, they're just allowed to super-size the order.
    That's just the usual right wing posters here that post their dumb shit before reading anything.
    Not sure how extreme right wing they are since most right wingers here are just as capable as left wingers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is society in anyway paying for these woman's recreation birth control without them being prescribed it for a condition? Then that is absolutely a problem. So we either eliminate that or I have a list of recreational things I want society to pay for also.
    If on medicaid, probably. Otherwise, private insurance picks it up.

and people on medicaid need it more than most, because you generally dont want them to have kids if they arent financially ready. People arent going to stop fucking just because you say so

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Stupid, cause it comes out of tax dollars, pay for your own birth control
    You do realize, fully, that the same dumbass rhetoric you have can be applied to.... Pretty much everything that you take for granted provided by the government? Roads, education, infrastructure, ect.

You should pay for that yourself, stop using my tax dollars for your shitty life.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I've seen horror stories about birth control and even know a woman who became infernal for life. It's hardly a wonder drug.
    It's a drug can be used by close to 50% of the population (for 40year ish). Takes some time to get the right one but after that improves life(check the effects on crissi).

What more does it need to do to become a wonder drug?(No drug ever is 100% fail proof)
    Last edited by padie; 2017-06-18 at 08:42 PM.

People arent going to stop fucking just because you say so
    Fucking is too great to just stop doing it if some random person says so.
    Unless ofcourse, the person you are fucking doesn't want you to fuck 'm!

My head is starting to spin.

Birth control is not a luxury item at all, for many women, like myself, its an absolute necessity to have because of the particular medical conditions we have, it is what allows us to live as close to a normal life like everyone else who doesn't have our conditions and these conditions have NOTHING to do with wanting or not wanting children, in fact, several of these conditions make it exceptionally hard to even get pregnant at all.

Just like any other medication it should absolutely be covered by insurance and to say otherwise is completely fucking ignorant of all the things it is used to treat. I was SO SO HAPPY when i went to the pharmacy and opened the package to realized that my doctor had given me a 3 month supply because its annoying as all fuck to have to go to the pharmacy once a month to get it, would be great if i could get a years supply at a time, it would certainly give me some piece of mind that i wouldn't run out for a long time.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    No, it wouldn't. People don't know how to medicate themselves. Lots of people end up harming themselves from OTC painkillers because they are clueless and you want that to be the case for all kinds of medicine? You seemingly WANT people to die, suffer injuries from side effects and bad interactions.
    If someone doesn't know, then they can feel free to go to a doctor. If they think they know, and do not, then they risk themselves. If they think they do, and they actually do, then they save time and money. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Stupid, cause it comes out of tax dollars, pay for your own birth control
    No it doesn't.

You didn't read the post or the article.

This says nothing about passing along the cost of contraceptives to taxpayers.
    Instead, it increases the maximum that an individual is allowed to purchase at one time via their insurance coverage.

You know, the insurance coverage that the person either a) receives as part of a compensation package via their employer, or b) pays out-of-pocket.

You really ARE 'Confederate by soul' with that level of reading comprehension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Is society in anyway paying for these woman's recreation birth control without them being prescribed it for a condition? Then that is absolutely a problem. So we either eliminate that or I have a list of recreational things I want society to pay for also.
    Can't be anymore dangerous that an opiate/heroic crisis. The sad part is, I bet you think its the mexicans or the drug cartels that are supplying the US with heroin, and not its own government.
    Speaking in recreation, sex is a natural, no, mandatory part of life. The stuff you balk as recreations likely come from your lack of vagina. That and if all women could have access to birth control, being forced to carry a rapists baby to term is only the fevered dream of Mitch McConnell.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

No where near 50% of the US population uses birth control. Compleatly fake. And laughably rediculus stat.
    But you taking some random persons story about how something has tooooooooooootally destroyed their life is any less fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If someone doesn't know, then they can feel free to go to a doctor. If they think they know, and do not, then they risk themselves. If they think they do, and they actually do, then they save time and money. Problem solved.
    Most people think they know or do not care unless someone informs them or they are too stupid to check before they use something because others use it so they should be fine too. Your suggestion would cost society a lot of money and people.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    sex is a natural, no, mandatory part of life.
    As someone who hasn't had any for a long time, this makes me very, very sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post

In its original form, the bill proposed no cost-sharing for any types of hormonal contraceptives, including pills and a patch. The insurance industry had worried that the bill could apply to forms of contraceptives that are more costly for insurers.

yeah this had absolutely nothing to do with social healthcare.
    /S

This law is such a major waste of tax payer money and the time spend by officials working it. Seriously letting women get a 12month supply of BC instead of taking the ~5 mins to walk to the pharmacy in your grocery store to grab a refill every few months while doing your normal shopping.