Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Computer games get really bad optimization. I have a PS4 and a PC with quite good specs and apart from Ubisoftlike trash performance games running on it are sometimes even better than PC games on Medium-ish settings. Having said that WoW is PC only and shouldn't be a problem for a system like yours. But having in mind that it is build on a modified Warcraft 3 engine from 2001 there is no real excuse for Blizzard to all a few thousand more polygons and fancy water "engine eimprovements needing pc upgrade". It is just lazy programmers. An example is Deus Ex Mankind Divided which runs on the ps4's 8gbs shared video and ram memory but needs minimum 16gb of ram on PC just so it can start even at potato quality,CoD:Ghosts runing on PS3 256vram and wanting 6gbs of ram on pc

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-can-run-10-10

Found it. It was OneWay making the claims. This is the only instance I remember and none of the videos proved anything. Is this the same instance everyone else is talking about? Because yea this doesn't seem like what you guys are explaining so now I'm curious.
    That wasn't it. Nothing was proven in that thread. Unless I missed it, none of the linked videos showed settings or had a frame counter. I believe the one we're talking about was back in WoD (which completely changes the game anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Akilo View Post
    Hello guys.

My computer is fairly good, but i still have very bad FPS even on lowest settings.
    I dont know where or what the problem is and hope somebody of you can help me out.

The following are my computer components:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 (eight core, 3500 MHz. 65-70°C (149-158°F) playing WoW)
    GPU: XFX Radeon RX460 (4 GB DDR5, newest drivers installed)
    RAM: 4x2 GB DDR3-1333 MHZ, (8 GB total, same brand/modell)
    MB: ASRock 970 Extreme4 (newest BIOS version installed)
    Storage: ADATA 120GB SSD (SATA) & 500 GB Western Digital HDD
    Power: beQuiet 550W
    Monitor: LG extra wide 21:9, 2560x1080p

Both OS and WoW are installed on the SSD.

WoW says the recommended settings are "5", but with this settings I only have like 5-10 FPS in Dalaran or in Raids.
    So I set all options to the lowest possible, just to have 20-35 FPS in Dalaran, 15-20 FPS in small group Raids oder 10-15 FPS in 20+ grp Raids.
    On add heavy fights like Scorpyron with 20+ group members, my FPS even drops lower, to 4-10 FPS.

I tryed to deactivate some CPU Cores in my BIOS, but this didnt helped, too.

I also dont play any other games to compare with WoW.

So im pretty frustrated with my FPS, because I thought the components of my computer should be good enough for this game.

Does somebody of you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance.
    This might sound completely idiotic, but I did it myself with my brand new build to the point I nearly threw away a brand new graphic card.

Have you....... connected the HDMI to the Motherboard or to the graphic card? This issue sounds exactly like mine did when I did that!

And if you have, did you disable the onboard graphic card on the motherboard?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Oh, I've also tried raiding on my main while not streaming... Skorpyron was just as bad as when I was streaming. I haven't noticed a difference between streaming and not streaming with OBS. As such, I imagine that local recording would have equally little difference.

Speaking of the rig in your sig... I assume you mean a GTX 1070, not a 1970.
    Actually a 970.

And glad to hear that about OBS! Fraps has a tough time with 3440x1440, as that is A LOT for the computer to compute and write... especially at 60 fps! Not to mention when I try to record Final Fantasy XIV raids, it gets super, weirdly choppy. Hopefully OBS can do it flawlessly!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-can-run-10-10

Found it. It was OneWay making the claims. This is the only instance I remember and none of the videos proved anything. Is this the same instance everyone else is talking about? Because yea this doesn't seem like what you guys are explaining so now I'm curious.
    No, that's not the one I was thinking of. The one I was thinking of, that was the whole point of the post, and said something about it in the thread title as well. There was literally a video in his first post IIRC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Actually a 970.

And glad to hear that about OBS! Fraps has a tough time with 3440x1440, as that is A LOT for the computer to compute and write... especially at 60 fps! Not to mention when I try to record Final Fantasy XIV raids, it gets super, weirdly choppy. Hopefully OBS can do it flawlessly!
    Are you using x264 or NVEnc? For MMOs, I'd suggest NVEnc, unless you definitely have room for the CPU overhead that x264 requires. Not overly familiar with FF14, but MMOs tend to be more CPU heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Are you using x264 or NVEnc? For MMOs, I'd suggest NVEnc, unless you definitely have room for the CPU overhead that x264 requires. Not overly familiar with FF14, but MMOs tend to be more CPU heavy.
    It's a weird effect that I've never seen in any game before. You can see some of it here...

Farther in I show a raid video and that's where it goes down.

Honestly, this is the one thing that stops me from filming, I have footage from other raids in FF, but it happens randomly and can basically freeze the game for a couple seconds and that's all it takes to absolutely ruin the video/kill me. =|
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2017-06-21 at 08:09 PM.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikthaleron View Post
    Computer games get really bad optimization. I have a PS4 and a PC with quite good specs and apart from Ubisoftlike trash performance games running on it are sometimes even better than PC games on Medium-ish settings. Having said that WoW is PC only and shouldn't be a problem for a system like yours. But having in mind that it is build on a modified Warcraft 3 engine from 2001 there is no real excuse for Blizzard to all a few thousand more polygons and fancy water "engine eimprovements needing pc upgrade". It is just lazy programmers. An example is Deus Ex Mankind Divided which runs on the ps4's 8gbs shared video and ram memory but needs minimum 16gb of ram on PC just so it can start even at potato quality,CoD:Ghosts runing on PS3 256vram and wanting 6gbs of ram on pc
    .... and this post shows how you have no idea what you're talking about.

It has nothing to do with lazy programmers. It has entirely to do with the fact that the game can only issue draw calls with a single thread. It has nothing to do with the number of polygons, water effects, any of that. Those are GPU dependent settings.

It has everything to do with Draw Calls. Period. Full Stop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikthaleron View Post
    But having in mind that it is build on a modified Warcraft 3 engine from 2001
    In addition to what Kagthul stated, the Warcraft 3 engine was dropped during alpha. The vanilla WoW engine had zero to do with W3. Today's engine has less than zero to do with W3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    Luckily if you buy AMD these days you get a 65-95 watt CPU, not a 125-220 watt furnace. Even the stock coolers have no trouble keeping Ryzen CPUs under control.
    I will say that is becoming true. The new Ryzen CPU's are out doing what I have significantly : AMD FX 9590 4.7ghz - This runs at ' furnace ' level.. it's insane....

Actually a 970.

Just pointing out this isn't necessarily a CPU problem, it could be an HDD problem. As you say, 3440x1440 at 60hz is a lot to calculate - roughly 297,216,000 pixels per second, or (using math from the FRAPs forum) ~283.4 MB/s. If you're recording to platter drive, you're almost guaranteed to be saturating it. I see you have a pretty large SSD, but it's also far from ideal to record to the same drive you're playing your game from.

Your (cheap) options are to lower the record frame rate and/or resolution.

A more robust solution would cost more (such as multiple HDDs in RAID). Personally, I used Dxtory (not free, about $30 when I bought it) which has software striping, allowing me to record to multiple HDDs and then recombine them after the fact. (It has other nice features like recording to at a different resolution/fps than you're playing, recording separate audio streams, and even only recording a portion of your screen.) It's not perfect, but it has worked for me. (Never used OBS to compare against, though.)

It's a weird effect that I've never seen in any game before. You can see some of it here...

Farther in I show a raid video and that's where it goes down.

Honestly, this is the one thing that stops me from filming, I have footage from other raids in FF, but it happens randomly and can basically freeze the game for a couple seconds and that's all it takes to absolutely ruin the video/kill me. =|
    Those stutters are driving me crazy just watching it! :P

Actually a 970.

Why dont you use shadowplay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Just pointing out this isn't necessarily a CPU problem, it could be an HDD problem. As you say, 3440x1440 at 60hz is a lot to calculate - roughly 297,216,000 pixels per second, or (using math from the FRAPs forum) ~283.4 MB/s. If you're recording to platter drive, you're almost guaranteed to be saturating it. I see you have a pretty large SSD, but it's also far from ideal to record to the same drive you're playing your game from.

Your (cheap) options are to lower the record frame rate and/or resolution.

A more robust solution would cost more (such as multiple HDDs in RAID). Personally, I used Dxtory (not free, about $30 when I bought it) which has software striping, allowing me to record to multiple HDDs and then recombine them after the fact. (It has other nice features like recording to at a different resolution/fps than you're playing, recording separate audio streams, and even only recording a portion of your screen.) It's not perfect, but it has worked for me. (Never used OBS to compare against, though.)

Those stutters are driving me crazy just watching it! :P
    Final Fantasy recording even stutters to SSD.

And to be fair, my HDDs and SSDs aren't separated in my sig. =/

I have a 500GB SSD (that I think is dying), a 250GB SSD, and a 256GB NVMe SSD.
    "A flower.

For FX users always turn off boost it causes microstutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Akilo View Post
    Hello guys.

My computer is fairly good, but i still have very bad FPS even on lowest settings.
    I dont know where or what the problem is and hope somebody of you can help me out.

The following are my computer components:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 (eight core, 3500 MHz. 65-70°C (149-158°F) playing WoW)
    GPU: XFX Radeon RX460 (4 GB DDR5, newest drivers installed)
    RAM: 4x2 GB DDR3-1333 MHZ, (8 GB total, same brand/modell)
    MB: ASRock 970 Extreme4 (newest BIOS version installed)
    Storage: ADATA 120GB SSD (SATA) & 500 GB Western Digital HDD
    Power: beQuiet 550W
    Monitor: LG extra wide 21:9, 2560x1080p

Both OS and WoW are installed on the SSD.

WoW says the recommended settings are "5", but with this settings I only have like 5-10 FPS in Dalaran or in Raids.
    So I set all options to the lowest possible, just to have 20-35 FPS in Dalaran, 15-20 FPS in small group Raids oder 10-15 FPS in 20+ grp Raids.
    On add heavy fights like Scorpyron with 20+ group members, my FPS even drops lower, to 4-10 FPS.

I tryed to deactivate some CPU Cores in my BIOS, but this didnt helped, too.

I also dont play any other games to compare with WoW.

So im pretty frustrated with my FPS, because I thought the components of my computer should be good enough for this game.

Does somebody of you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance.
    Phenom 2 and FX boost clocks are unstable and causes bad microstutter and sometime freezing in games. I found this out with battlefield 3 and 4 64 player matches on ultra. The boost clocks caused major microstutter and freezing in game when the frequency changed so to fix this i always did a manual overclock to the max boost settings myself ending the stuttering in game and making it run very smoothly at that point. FX had bad ipc but i think the boost clocks that people kept on by default caused more harm in games turning it off made gameplay a lot smoother.

Also the best ryzen motherboard for the price is the Asrock Fatality x370 K4 motherboard it 140 dollars and has all the features you want and has great VRMs on for overclocking and great memory support as well.