Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    We just don't know what was happening in the car. After reading the officer's interview hours after the the incident it seems that Castille wouldn't make eye contact with the officer, which doesn't mean anything, and may have been high on marijuana. That may have impaired his(Castille's) decision making processes.
    That would be consistent with Philando failing to observe the officer's orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's routine whenever you are conceal carrying and pulled over by a cop to tell them.
    Just as a side note this a state by state thing, not a federal law.

Here in Georgia we have no duty to notify. However if I cross into South Carolina they do have to notify the officer.

Uhh dashcam video showed that the cop repeatedly told him to stop reaching after the guy told him he had a gun, yet he kept reaching. Why are we still talking about this?

If a cop pulls out his firearm and tells me to stop reaching, my ass is going to stop reaching right away. It's unfortunate, but the cop isn't expected to just sit by and wait for a suspect to pull his gun out to shoot him just because some armchair lawyer behind a keyboard in some basement will screech if he doesn't risk getting killed.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Just as a side note this a state by state thing, not a federal law.

Here in Georgia we have no duty to notify. However if I cross into South Carolina they do have to notify the officer.
    Yep. Here in Ohio we do and cross into Indiana and you do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When you're armed one of the first things you're supposed to do when stopped by police is let them know you have a gun in the car... The cop dealt with the situation very poorly, as evidenced by his firing.
    The judge and the jury don't agree with you.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    He told him not to reach a few times and he continuing reaching. Stop lying.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesn't know what he's reaching for. He just told him not to reach a few times and he continued doing so.
    He reached for his license because he was asked for it. If that cop is that big of a twitchy scared bitch, he belonged nowhere near a uniform. A person on the verge of shitting their pants is no reason for someone else to die.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Id trust a real person over a cop any day though real people are way more trustworthy.
    Are you saying police officers are not real? They don't have families and etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    And he was charged with manslaughter. And lost his job. Yes, the judge and the jury agree with vegas. If he handled the situtation properly, he'd still have his job and there would be no manslaughter.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

They really had no choice but to fire him.

- - - Updated - - -

We just don't know what was happening in the car. After reading the officer's interview hours after the the incident it seems that Castille wouldn't make eye contact with the officer, which doesn't mean anything, and may have been high on marijuana. That may have impaired his(Castille's) decision making processes.
    Why would you immediately assume he was on drugs?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    He reached for his license because he was asked for it. If that cop is that big of a twitchy scared bitch, he belonged nowhere near a uniform. A person on the verge of shitting their pants is no reason for someone else to die.
    >Officer asks for license
    >Philando says he has a gun on him
    >Philando reaches for something at his side
    >Officer yells at him to stop immediately, several times
    >Philando keeps reaching
    >Officer opens fire

In retrospect it's absolutely unjustified. But with the information that the officer had at the time, I don't think his reaction was particularly unreasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    You folks really need to stop making this argument.

There was a chance Castile WAS pulling out his gun, even though it's not visible on any of the footage and Castile explicitly and clearly stated he was not, and neither officer secured the weapon after the shooting to ensure their safety, maybe both officers were just grossly incompetent in handling the situation.

It's a crappy chance, and requires a bunch of things to be true which the evidence doesn't support and suggests, strongly, isn't true. But that possibility is reasonable doubt, and could get a "not guilty" verdict.

Which isn't a statement that Yanez acted appropriately. It's the jury saying "yeah, he probably did it, but there's reasonable doubt so we can't convict".

It bears repeating that his department fired him immediately upon the verdict being given. They'd already decided to fire him over this shooting, they just held off on announcing it until the trial was over, to avoid affecting the verdict (standard practice). Clearly, his PD doesn't think he acted appropriately.

That's not true. They just don't agree that the prosecution rose to the level required for a guilty verdict. There was enouh reasonable doubt by the lack of bodycam footage. That doesn't mean he couldn't have handled the situation better.
    That plus the law is usually written in a such a way that if a cop said "I was a scurred" they can easily get away with murder every fucking time.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Why would you immediately assume he was on drugs?
    The burning smell of marijuana in the vehicle may have given that away.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    T

I am betting yes because he was high, when you're in that state your brain function is much slower and it probably didn't register to him to stop.
    Oh so you don't freaking know anything but you just like to project.

So at what point do you shoot somebody

'Castile : I have a licensed firearms
    Cop: Don't pull it out
    Castile : I'm not
    Cop: Don't pull it out, Don't pull it out , Don't pull it out
    Shooting

Come on so why why did he have to shoot? But honestly I don't except anything less from a apologist

I don't want to link the raw footage but you see his shadow and it's clear he isn't reaching anywhere except the passenger seat after being shot .

These cops, people blame it on training and a few rotten apples but that really isn't it.

Edit:

While we are at it!!! Give the police every benefit of the doubt (which they did) and lets assume he was going to pull out a gun then what? By the time he aimed that fucking fake gun the cop would be able to shoot already. The cop;s life was never really in danger, hell I will say that the partner was/is more in danger by the actions of this fucking racist prick who is tricker happy and is lucky that he didn't kill everybody among them.
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-06-22 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    >Officer asks for license
    >Philando says he has a gun on him
    >Philando reaches for something at his side
    >Officer yells at him to stop immediately, several times
    >Philando keeps reaching
    >Officer opens fire

In retrospect it's absolutely unjustified. But with the information that the officer had at the time, I don't think his reaction was particularly unreasonable.

I thought the standard operation is to declare you have a gun then to show the officer license. The officer was the only edgy in the exchange, him telling the officer he had a gun was to make the officer aware and to put his guard down it had the opposite effect. If he didn't declare he had a gun and got shot the justification would have been well he didn't follow protocol and declare he had a gun seems there's no way to come out of this and not be dead.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't mean he was on drugs, smoke smells stays around for a long time. Was there a drug report that showed he was on drugs at the time?

oh, didn't know you were there and smelled the vehicle?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

So what? 4D movies aren't out yet you know

Please provide the freaking law that points out that smoking anything is a capital punishment. if that's the case I'm pretty sure the police should be killing allot more white people as well.

Disgusting comments here in general

He had a gun and I thought he was going for it is a pretty powerful defense for cops.

- - - Updated - - -

4D movies ARE out. It snows in the theater, you smell things, and it is generally like a Disney ride.
    He said he had no clue where the gun was if he hadn't seen it why is he freaking out like a little bitch?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

He said he had no clue where he gun was if he hadn't seen it why is he freaking out like a little bitch?
    To me the officer is the one who should have been tested for drugs, he was the most hysterical one in the video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I thought the standard operation is to declare you have a gun then to show the officer license. The officer was the only edgy in the exchange, him telling the officer he had a gun was to make the officer aware and to put his guard down it had the opposite effect. If he didn't declare he had a gun and got shot the justification would have been well he didn't follow protocol and declare he had a gun seems there's no way to come out of this and not be dead.
    I don't know what the standard procedure is. But it doesn't really matter. The issue wasn't declaring that he had a gun - it was declaring that he had a gun, and then reaching for something while ignoring the officer's demands to stop reaching.