Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I'll PM you

Wow, someone definitely hangs out in /v/. I did for a few weeks but I realized it was nothing but a negative cesspool despite originally going there for 'freedom', and having to filter out like 70% of the threads via key words. I certainly don't talk like they do though.

The manner in which I mentioned having a concern is how a mature normal person would mention it, and absolutely nothing like you'd see on the shitfest that is /v/

If you had read comments I made after that you'd know I have no issues with Asian themes and even enjoyed them in many games, especially in MoP. It was just a weird concern I had for a few weeks after seeing the SB trailer as I thought it wouldn't fit into 14 because it might feel less fantasy based in terms of design and music and lose its variety. We're talking about FF14, not other games. I no longer have those concerns (they just disappeared on their own) and I find it silly that I had them in the first place. I literally mentioned my concerns once and it was after the SB trailer came out. It was small and short, as in a one sentence post just asking if anyone had any concerns at all. Then I mentioned it last night since the expansion is actually out and people with early access have seen every zone but I didn't actually have any concerns anymore.

In regards to the Aladdin thing, I'm sure there are plenty of people that only played for all the skulls and bones you saw in Wrath, they tend to be horde and loved their bone mud huts in WoD.
    You misunderstood me man, i wasn't saying you were i was rambling on a 'doesnt bother me but i expect it really bothers some others' reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wife bought a small house. :O

Ifalna dancing to the Orchestrion by herself (playing Forever Lost) while remembering her wedding (wife went off to save the world again).

Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    Yes, you have to feed your chocobo a certain onion. Cannot remember the name, every level after 10. To get to the next level.
    Thavnairian Onion. On my server they run around 129k or so, YMMV. To level your companion, always always always do the weekly challenge for kills, that will get you 15% of a level each week total. Otherwise, stable it and train it every hour. If you can farm FATEs, that'll help, but really it's just a matter of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang, totally forgot about chicken (16). Still rotting away in the stables.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Spoiler: 
    Someone on my server confirmed this, this morning. It comes Miner, Botanist, or Fisher Lv61 up ventures.

@Faroth
    I don't have a mining retainer. T-T

Gib otter pls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Dang, totally forgot about chicken (16). Still rotting away in the stables.
    Your chocobo leads an easy life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I don't have a mining retainer. T-T
    Fisher and Botanist works as well.

Fisher and Botanist works as well.
    Oh.... in that case *goes to work on botany*

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of retainers, do they cap on your level? Got Miner 61 earlier, so can my retainer reach 61 now, or do I need to go higher first?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    How do people pug shinryu Jesus fucking Christ

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Speaking of retainers, do they cap on your level? Got Miner 61 earlier, so can my retainer reach 61 now, or do I need to go higher first?
    Yes, whatever job they have is limited by your level in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yes, whatever job they have is limited by your level in it.
    Ah right, just remember people talking that it'd be 4 levels below your level unless you're at cap.

Got past the bridge quest in the Fringes and it took me a second to realise why it felt so nostalgic but this is totally Gustaburg from the areas outside Bastok.

So what are the odds theres a Leaping Lizzy fate?

I really should give FFXI another run in the first XIV content lull. This is getting too nostalgic.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-06-22 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    You do have better MP management with Aetherflow, but on the other hand you've also got the worst MP efficiency of all the healers now. Just to really rub it in, Largesse doesn't affect SCH instant heals, so you can't double down on those MP free heals. I don't really rate Aetherflow simply because it does, essentially, what our faries did already only with a very strict 10y requirement. It feels more like using it well is a small bonus, rather than a reward for skillful play.
    If you don't know, all our aetherflow heals ignore healing reduction and silences which when mechanic permitted was extremely broken. Also the reason why the heal spell doesn't get affected was because the base was in effect a % heal at the start. We have the most versatile free on demand heals which makes a very big difference. Doesn't mean we don't have downsides, but it's not clear cut whatsoever.

What's probably not going to be fixed is how the job plays now, it really does feel like a huge step backwards for us. The DPS has been stripped back to the point where the WHM has more offensive options than the SCH now and the SCH plays in a very similar way to SMN - You DoT things and spam Ruin/Broil for 30 seconds. That's what bothers me most, we went all the way back to level 10 with our playstyle for both of the Arcanists Jobs.
    You're really going to have to explain how WHM has more offensive option.
    Pretty much all healers got offensive neutered in a sense. They have more AoE option, kind of (Aeroga/Holy/Assize), but not really single target as they have the same 2 DoT 1 DD. Benefit we have at least is still shadowflare and energy drain for single target where as holy is pointless.

You're really looking at this in an extremely simple way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Is there a quick way to level your chocobo? Mines only like rank 3 LOL. Forgot I could use it so I didn't in ARR.
    "Quick" is just do the weekly challenges and feed it at a stable. It's really not that quick and took us a long while to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Your chocobo leads an easy life.
    Don't know man, getting stuffed with carrots by all guild members seems rather hardcore to me. :X

10+ Year Old Account
    So, that was.. well.. fast. Got Miner from 60 to 61 with ~6 levequests.

And I've 100 of them saved up. Guess I'll get gatherer up early and gather some Gil.

For increased chocobo exp gains, while it's stabled feed it enough Curiel Root until that becomes it's favorite food (anything other people feed it does not impact or interfere with this at all), then feed it one every time you actually summon your chocobo to fight with you. Curiel Root increases the EXP your chocobo gains from killing enemies, but making it your chocobo's favorite food increases this effect, and every little bit helps when leveling them.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Their level is limited to whatever level you are for their job. So yours could get to 61 now that you are a 61 MIN.

One shot Lakshmi normal, holy crap was that a step down from susanoo. Maybe the easiest primal since hard mode ifrit.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    One shot Lakshmi normal, holy crap was that a step down from susanoo. Maybe the easiest primal since hard mode ifrit.
    You don't know the pain yet.

THE PAIN
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I've hit The shinryu wall holy fucking shit how am I going to get passed this?
    Got there, oneshot it.

all the primals are extremely dumbed down. good content for ppl who do 24 mans i guess.

edit: talking about ex.