Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ONLY time I could accept the officer shooting him is if the cops waving the off-duty cop over before going back to talking to each other and the off-duty cop for whatever reason is walking over with his sidearm drawn and at his side, in which case I could understand the idiot cop thinking a person is trying to sneak up to kill some cops.

However since it is in St Louis 100% chance the cop is just an idiot (50% also racist), well because most of them are from all my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

The way I see it this was an unfortunate yet understandable incident, with what we know the officer who the off-duty cop arrived at the scene without prior knowledge of the off-duty cops presence and shot at what he perceived as an armed threat.

Of course there needs to be consequences for him shooting his colleague but I do not believe he shot him with the knowledge that he was colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't understand why race has any significance to the story. Seems like it was was an accident, which is understandable.
    Sounds like it was an accidental shooting, did they even notify the back up on the way that plain cloths officers were on the scene. Stories like this are race bait to get clicks and ad revenue.

Unless the officer was from Africa or has dual citizenship there and here hes black and not African American.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad shit like this happens. It happens in war time when soldiers die from friendly fire. Sure a investigation needs to be done and if any acted carelessly, then they need to be disciplined.

5+ Year Old Account
    As it relates to this kinda stuff in general, some white folks out there, not all, not even most, but "some" as in those who look at cops sometimes being a bit more heavy-handed with black folks and just shrug or cheer those LEOs on. Stop and think about how that can be a window, or a forecast, into how those in power can turn the guns on you as well. Look at it as a warning. Keep on thinking you're on the same team because you're white until they turn around and make a Kelly Thomas outta you.

That's why BLM can kiss my black ass. Had I formed it I would have told the story over and over of people like Thomas and other whites and latinos victimized by the police to bring attention to the injustices they face as well. Yes, yes, unarmed blacks may get shot more, may get pulled over more, profiled, etc, etc. But still I would have mentioned the plight of non-Blacks as well. Gotta love how especially since Bacon's Rebellion in 1676 where a multi ethnic group rose up and rebelled against the plantocracy, the elite stricken with fear of racial unity has since that time long ago in the late 17th century up to this very day worked to keep people divided along racial lines. Nah, in the spirit of Nathaniel Bacon I'd rather sit right up there with Irish, Mexicans, Black Americans... damn Syrian immigrants -whoever- and bring fire to the elite who leeches our money, throws our lives away in wars to enrich themselves, who divides us based merely on "race," and who gets richer and richer while now many of us gotta get damn college degrees (and the debt that goes with it) just to get a crappy 1bedroom in a city.
    Last edited by Teraparte; 2017-06-24 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    The way I see it this was an unfortunate yet understandable incident, with what we know the officer who the off-duty cop arrived at the scene without prior knowledge of the off-duty cops presence and shot at what he perceived as an armed threat.

Of course there needs to be consequences for him shooting his colleague but I do not believe he shot him with the knowledge that he was colleague.
    Unfortunate but not understandable. The shooter was poorly trained or undisciplined. Thats without getting into the who preconceived prejudices argument.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    The new response will be "He was off-duty, so he should let stayed hidden in his home letting the other officers deal with it."
    But thats true.

Off duty cops arent supposed to get involved. For this exact sort of reason.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Now we can have two movements join into one:

"Black and Blue Lives Matter"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    How do you know that?
    How do you know it wasn't the reason? He was armed! Being shot for being armed makes a whole lot more sense, only racist would see it other ways!
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    How do you know it wasn't the reason? He was armed! Being shot for being armed makes a whole lot more sense, only racist would see it other ways!
    I have one major problem with that accusation. that would be that a man got shot for following his constitutional right. in Missouri we are an open carry and conceal and carry can be without permit. so if he got shot for simply being armed that is a big problem. secondly the article clearly states the chase was over and the gun fight was over. this would have been called in on the radio and the arriving officer should have known the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    I have one major problem with that accusation. that would be that a man got shot for following his constitutional right. in Missouri we are an open carry and conceal and carry can be without permit. so if he got shot for simply being armed that is a big problem. secondly the article clearly states the chase was over and the gun fight was over. this would have been called in on the radio and the arriving officer should have known the situation.
    A armed man was at a crime scene and you wonder why he got shot? I feel sorry for you!
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

A armed man was at a crime scene and you wonder why he got shot? I feel sorry for you!
    note to self. you have nothing to add to a conversation. so do we have the right to carry or not guaranteed by the constitution?

An armed man was at a crime scene after having been vetted and authorized by the police officers already at the scene, so yes, many are wondering why he got shot.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    An armed, plain-clothed person somewhere in the vicinity of uniformed officers shortly after a shootout. I'm not all that surprised friendly fire could take place under those circumstances but it still shouldn't have, seems that the officer who fired did so without knowing the facts, and you shouldn't discharge your weapon on a guess, I highly doubt the plain-clothed officer had is gun drawn in the direction of the uniformed officers. The one who fired clearly jumped to conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why race has any significance to the story. Seems like it was was an accident, which is understandable.
    Because "RACIST"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Where are you seeing in the article that the black off-duty officer had a gun in his hand? He didn't join in the chase - he came out of his house.

Please, read the article before posting.

Wasn't wielding a gun. Jesus, stop with this misinformation campaign.
    why do you have to keep saying "black officer"? As long as people keep separating us we will always be separate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Would a white guy in civvies, with gun in hand, next to other officers, have been shot? Probably not. But hey, as much as people are making it about race, you and others can keep making it not about race.
    You absolutely, indubitably can not know that.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This really puts the 'he was a criminal and deserved it' crowd in a tough spot, since neither of those could even be remotely true here.
    I joked last night that the Blue Lives Matter crowd is going to suffer some serious existential crises as they try to figure this one out.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Well, we do have a narrative to push.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    An armed man was at a crime scene after having been vetted and authorized by the police officers already at the scene, so yes, many are wondering why he got shot.
    The key questions are: Did the officer getting there know this? Did the other officers say this over the radio?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    But thats true.

Off duty cops arent supposed to get involved. For this exact sort of reason.

Where is this stated?