View Poll Results: Does it bother you when new areas ban flight?

Voters
558. This poll is closed
  • Yes, loss of flight bothers me.

132 23.66%
  • No, loss of flight doesn't bother me.

304 54.48%
  • I don't really care.

122 21.86%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Patently false, considering every patch has changes or additions that are requested by players. But hey, gotta keep that hyperbole machine running - amirite?
    Like ilvl scaling for outdoor mobs which got again scaled up with 7.2.5 by 40%?

No, it doesn't bother me, but I do like to have the ability to unlock it after a point.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    In early alpha they experimented with super huge open zones like UO has. Goldshire, for instance, had dozens of buildings and was about the area of all of current sized Elwynn Forest. Then they realized their players wouldn't be happy spending 15 minutes running around town to the one vendor located in each house on the opposite sides of the zone, or compressing the npcs into a smaller area but having a lot of empty houses. So they scaled it down.
    Bigger locations with flying ensure, that travel time is the same, but there is much more space to do things on a ground, so players aren't packed, like sardines in a can. MMO - is game for hundreds and thousands of players. If location is already tight for 2-3 players - then it isn't MMO. The only reason for having such design - is forced PVP, cuz players just can't go past each other in such packed location. But, again, it isn't MMO - it's some sort of MOBA. PVP shouldn't be forced. It's ok to have dedicated no-flying PVP location, like Ashran. But PVEers shouldn't be forced into such location. When I'm forced into such kind of location, I feel like a 3rd grade customer, who is used as victim, i.e. cannon fodder, for so called "world PVPers", who are actually cowards, who can only beat harmless PVEers. Plus such kind of design in pointless on PVE server. So, what I feel - is that Blizzard don't respect their PVE players and design game with PVP servers in mind.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-06-30 at 08:42 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Amazing how every thread about "change" is swarmed by negative cry by the usual mmo c user.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    People asked for that, so nice try UcaEatSht.
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2017-06-30 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    For me it bothers, look when it has reasons to ban flying like treasure then ok.
    But once you did it on your main flying should unlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Bigger locations with flying ensure, that travel time is the same, but there is much more space to do things on a ground, so players aren't packed, like sardines in a can. MMO - is game for hundreds and thousands of players. If location is already tight for 2-3 players - then it isn't MMO. The only reason for having such design - is forced PVP, cuz players just can't go past each other in such packed location. But, again, it isn't MMO - it's some sort of MOBA. PVP shouldn't be forced. It's ok to have dedicated no-flying PVP location, like Ashran. But PVEers shouldn't be forced into such location. When I'm forced into such kind of location, I feel like a 3rd grade customer, who is used as victim, i.e. cannon fodder, for so called "world PVPers", who are actually cowards, who can only beat harmless PVEers. Plus such kind of design in pointless on PVE server. So, what I feel - is that Blizzard don't respect their PVE players and design game with PVP servers in mind.

What a bunch of bullshit.
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2017-06-30 at 08:58 AM.

Current content are always no-fly zones. It makes perfect sense.
    Why is this so hard for people to wrap their heads around?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And makes little to no difference, just an extra cast here or sword swipe there.. Mobs still die fast in fact too fast at times..

OT: In PTR atm and I like the design of Argus as it does have that sense of danger even more so when one of the main access routes is patrolled by a humongous Fel Reaver..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Because they can't hack not being able to skip all the danger.. And yet they will post in another thread that the world needs to be made more dangerous..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-06-30 at 08:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    People with less than 70 IQ have huge problems. No need to hurt them.

I think Donald Trump is right with this new flight ban. Unless you have a legit reason to come to the USA, then don't come

7+ Year Old Account
    no, i dont give a crap about flying.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    I think Donald Trump is right with this new flight ban. Unless you have a legit reason to come to the USA, then don't come
    Damn Azerothian coming to Argus to blow the place.

With 6.2 they found a sweet spot on how to implement flying, so I think grounding new areas like Argus at first is the best course of action, but you can still argue when Argus gets its wings. Add hard achievement objectives from the start of 7.3 or easier objectives in 7.3.5.

Though Argus may not even need flying at all. Timeless Isle had all sorts of stuff that required you to make use of the local landscape and features to reach them; flying would've rendered it all pointless.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Usually i wouldn't care about not being able to fly on a new zone, but this time around is different because we already had a flight ban that lasted too long.

I don't mind playing with a ground mount with my main while i progress through a campaign or to complete certain achievements. But at this point if i'm not able to fly on that zone with my alts, i won't even bother to play with them at all and if there is no argus pathfinder i won't play with my main too much either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Timeless Isle had all sorts of stuff that required you to make use of the local landscape and features to reach them; flying would've rendered it all pointless.
    The problem with that kind of stuff is that most of the time fun only works the first time you do it.

Did you get to Garnia using the birds every time? i certainly didn't. It was a fun concept to try out, i used it to reach some chests and to complete rolo's riddle, but after a while every time i wanted to reach that spot i just glided there using a flying mount from outside the island. Timeless island is just full of this kind of situations: great concepts for a non flying area, but they get old really fast.
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2017-06-30 at 09:27 AM.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    Another reason - they're simply lazy. They don't want to spend resources on making bigger locations, like it was back in WotLK. They just think "We remove flying and make everything tiny to compensate, add some crutch mechanics, like crazy respawn rates - and viola! Same result, but with much less effort required".

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    No flying would be fine if the zones weren't such a big cluster mess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Amazing how every thread about "change" is swarmed by negative cry by the usual mmo c user.

- - - Updated - - -

People asked for that, so nice try UcaEatSht.
    No one asked for this, it was sneaked into 7.2 without prior notice in the patch notes. If you have zero idea, why even post and waste everyone's time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And makes little to no difference, just an extra cast here or sword swipe there.. Mobs still die fast in fact too fast at times..

OT: In PTR atm and I like the design of Argus as it does have that sense of danger even more so when one of the main access routes is patrolled by a humongous Fel Reaver..

- - - Updated - - -

Because they can't hack not being able to skip all the danger.. And yet they will post in another thread that the world needs to be made more dangerous..
    Mobs scaling with ilvl is practically against everything an RPG stands for, on top of that it just adds annoyance and doesn't make the world more dangerous.

They should kill off flying for good. There is no sense of danger, no exploration, no achievement in reaching nearly inaccessible regions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I cannot imagine what it's like being this cynical
    Just because my neck isn't that deep in their asses doesn't make me cynical. It's just an observation, and very true.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All their care is how they can stretch playing hours in order to increase profits and look good to shareholders. They dont care what the players want.
    I know right, those tons of portals everywhere surely have a 15min loading screen in between

To OP; I give zero shits. Since basically every endgame Zone since TBC has had flight restrictions. So why would I care if it is any different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Not no flying itself, but mostly claustrophobic design of locations, caused by no flying, cuz it's definitely not, what open-world MMO should be.
    So.... basically most MMO's aren't Open World since Flying is in very few of them? hurr durr.