Is there anything special this tuesday ?

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I found RDM incredibly strong in POTD as they have some pretty insane burst and damage. While other people kill one mob I can usually kill three in the same time frame if they aren't a RDM.
    Ah okay, so just OP class I guess, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Is it normal to be called a rude person if I wish to votekick an AFK player from PvP? Because apparently it is and votekick fails twice and leeches keep on going
    The FF community can be a little bit backwards at times. I'm all for giving people 5 minutes to reconnect, or if they need to do something urgently or whatever. But when people are clearly AFK at the spawn point then they should just be removed, no matter how inclusive you are this player is actively working against everyones best interests.

Then again, I have also had more than one person take it upon themselves to point out I was a horrible player, and subsequently ignore me, because they saw me popping my cooldowns while leveling. People playing this game are weird *shrug*.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The FF community can be a little bit backwards at times. I'm all for giving people 5 minutes to reconnect, or if they need to do something urgently or whatever. But when people are clearly AFK at the spawn point then they should just be removed, no matter how inclusive you are this player is actively working against everyones best interests.

Then again, I have also had more than one person take it upon themselves to point out I was a horrible player, and subsequently ignore me, because they saw me popping my cooldowns while leveling. People playing this game are weird *shrug*.
    Yeah, this one guy keeps running to a distant remote spot each match and stays there...So I lead enemy players to kill him to force him to move back to his spot - AFK timer kicks players who idle at the invulnerability spawn place, right?

Yeah, this one guy keeps running to a distant remote spot each match and stays there...So I lead enemy players to kill him to force him to move back to his spot - AFK timer kicks players who idle at the invulnerability spawn place, right?
    Had some derp in POTD today who went /follow on me first floor, second floor they ran and sat at the Cairn soon as it was found. Vote-kicked and moved on. Seriously, even a modicum of effort is all I ask. TRY to help clear mobs and I don't care, long as you're not endlessly pulling shit we don't need to kill.

Literally got kicked from PvP for saying "this is lost" when we are 1200 behind. Yet people were there afking. Fucking beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Literally got kicked from PvP for saying "this is lost" when we are 1200 behind. Yet people were there afking. Fucking beautiful.
    I was votekicked the first time in my life yesterday - some guy was spamming in all CAPS on the /alliance chat, something about moving to a specific spot, and because I was at the other side of the map capturing enemy base and not there asap, I suddenly just got removed from the group, just like that, about 20 seconds before the match was gonna be over.

I thought I've seen it all in WoW's community but damn FFXIV community is the complete opposite of that, but both are still horrible

I was votekicked the first time in my life yesterday - some guy was spamming in all CAPS on the /alliance chat, something about moving to a specific spot, and because I was at the other side of the map capturing enemy base and not there asap, I suddenly just got removed from the group, just like that, about 20 seconds before the match was gonna be over.

I thought I've seen it all in WoW's community but damn FFXIV community is the complete opposite of that, but both are still horrible
    Tbh PvP community in this game is a toxic cesspit. Always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Ah okay, so just OP class I guess, lol.
    RDM is actually middle of the pack.

It looks flashy but that's it.

The heals are strong but a dps shouldn't be healing anyway.

The only thing that might get nerfed is the amount of rez they can throw in a little time. But again : you shouldn't have tons of people dying anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah they're strong for quick burst low life ennemies since they can kill them quickly due to dualcasting but in a long fight... it doesn't change much except for mobility.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    RDM is actually middle of the pack.

It looks flashy but that's it.

The heals are strong but a dps shouldn't be healing anyway.

The only thing that might get nerfed is the amount of rez they can throw in a little time. But again : you shouldn't have tons of people dying anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah they're strong for quick burst low life ennemies since they can kill them quickly due to dualcasting but in a long fight... it doesn't change much except for mobility.
    They're top 3 along with SMN and SAM.

As for the heal, a dps should be doing whatever it takes to get the group pass, even if it means sacrificing DPS to make sure someone or themselves lives.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-07-01 at 07:53 PM.

As for the heal, a dps should be doing whatever it takes to get the group pass, even if it means sacrificing DPS to make sure someone or themselves lives.
    No.

A good group shouldn't require dps healing since there isn't anything to heal in FFXIV.

If your dps have to heal : it just means that your group is bad.

And i think they are behind sam, smn and blm (so the worst of the casters).

I thought Ninja were better but I remembered wrong.

my point still remains tho : they are not op.

- - - Updated - - -

But anyway I think this will change in the next patch because the balance seems a little off... MCH deffo needs a buff.

Do BLM provide any raid ulitiy ? If not, they should be buffed too.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was in PotD 51-60, got two job boosted players (leaves) in party.. was most painful PotD run ever. They just kept dying over, and over and over again, while practically AFK'ing through floors.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

A good group shouldn't require dps healing since there isn't anything to heal in FFXIV.

If your dps have to heal : it just means that your group is bad.

And i think they are behind sam, smn and blm (so the worst of the casters).

I thought Ninja were better but I remembered wrong.

my point still remains tho : they are not op.

- - - Updated - - -

But anyway I think this will change in the next patch because the balance seems a little off... MCH deffo needs a buff.

Nevermind yeah, just checked, they're behind BLM. Some reason remembered the other way around.

And it doesn't really matter if the ideal group doesn't need it, it's a utility that actually can be useful. I don't expect a perfect run in any group especially with pugs. It's why these utility can be useful. Especially in the 24m raids. I don't go by ideal, I go by practicality, and it's kind of a fun idea to have two RDM, 1 DPS and 1 tank for dungeons.

I don't think BLM have any utility unique to them. The only one they had was changed into role skill.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-07-01 at 08:18 PM.

bardams mettle is quickly becoming the new Neverreap -_-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    bardams mettle is quickly becoming the new Neverreap -_-
    but Bardams is fun...

I'm pretty happy with all of the new dungeons, honestly. Trash hitting harder and being more of a threat is a lot more fun for me than trash hitting like a wet noodle and just being killed with AoE's as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    but Bardams is fun...
    So was Neverreap at first with the totem throwing and watching people blown off the platforms. But its the only dungeon im getting on the roullette below expert on repeat. Every day. I have no touched ones like castrum abania or sirensong sea since i was doing them for the story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So was Neverreap at first with the totem throwing and watching people blown off the platforms. But its the only dungeon im getting on the roullette below expert on repeat. Every day. I have no touched ones like castrum abania or sirensong sea since i was doing them for the story.
    I never found neverreap fun lol but I can understand that constantly getting it is annoying.

If it's a phase where you aren't doing dps I'd agree.

Otherwise no, there are usually 2 dudes with green symbols by their names that have that covered already.

I'd disagree here - I don't think DPS should have a negative correlation with Raid utility. It's a lazy "balancing" mechanism that really has no place in modern game design. It's how we ended up with "hybrid" tax in WoW and all of the awkward gripes that brought with it.

Especially with FF14, a lot of that added utility is either very awkward to use in a group or is completely redundant. Like the Summoners Aetherpact, which buffs the closest person to your pet making it very hard to get onto the right person, or the Dragoons new Eye, which is cumbersome to maintain. Then you get things like Erase, which force you to swap target making them far less attractive to use in the middle of combat. With all the new threat management tools, it's debatable if the ones the Ninja has are worthwhile too.

The worst part is that some of the classes with higher functional utility are also high up on the DPS too. Like the SMN, they bring one useful raid debuff at a time and a Rez, along with a lot of the extra utility packed into their Role skills. Same with the RDM - Veraise is a far more appreciable utility skill than something like Goad that can go almost completely unnoticed. If Square are correlating Utility with DPS they're doing a lousy job of it.