Poll: Would buy and play this "leaked" expansion if it ends up being true?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry to jump into your conversation but I do agree with you and nice to see really. That wanted to talk with a like minded individual... If not ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually, a Tinker class doesn't affect the Engineering profession at all. A warrior collected materials to make goggles isn't effected at all by a Gnome tanking a raid inside a mech.
    In fact like most racials, they can reflect professions this such as like Draenei with Jewelcrafting, Gnomes and Goblins could have increased engineering since well they obviously make things in the first place. And Rogues actually used alchemy to make their poisons realistically and not be made to affect the profession really. Nor were they given any credit for it either.

Covered by existing classes.
    I can't say that I know Shadow Priests were made for Forsaken since you have Trolls who deal with Voodoo and Shadow like embrace that Shadow priest use to offer before the full-on Void motif. I'm sure Trolls were also Priests from the get-go like Forsaken, still I think if it was given to the Forsaken they believed Trolls actually followed a very similar premise and thought fuck it, why not?

Which is expressed in magic form since it comes from the Naaru. Goblin and Gnome tech is mechanical.
    You could say since Draenei are from another planet therefore their technological advancements shouldn't really apply in the scope of Azeroth. They are technologically more advanced than other native Azerothians really so the claim holds weight and... Gnomes work closely with Drae so it is plasible to further fuel that fire.

Hunter, Rogue, Shaman, Warrior. At least that's where you can expect their abilities to go.
    Shadow Hunter is probably the last unique bastion. It involves Loa and Voodoo which if you want in a in-game pretence is like Paladins with Tank, Damage and Healing but instead of in the Light and Holy identity, they use more Shadow base with a strong Voodoo identity, which for now can be stitched with together by the Loa and connect it with the Shadowlands or even the same meaningless place Shadow Priests had before the Void involvement and no necessary background that has to get involved. They could even throw a dumb curveball that Vol'jin being in the Shadowlands in death can pass on his knowledge to be a Shadow Hunter, with enough work and logic it can become something like Blizzard pull many things out of thin air.

None of the classes specifically stipulate their Shadow based magic is from the Shadowlands at the moment. Death Knights use Death and Necromancy which can stem from the ideals of Shadowlands (thanks to Chronicles and their pretty pictures), but that's quite a small section really never built upon because the realms of Frost, Blood and Unholy waver and the lack of acknowledgement although really which can work in a new class's favour. Death Knights are also are quite militant in they need rule, leadership and a almost agnostic approach needed.
    Shadow Hunting is completely the opposite as it is a religion funnily, they worship several Loa who bless their followers in capabilities to be melee, ranged and uniquely all attuned together with healing abilities. Priests has always been an odd fish in that really, they were two forms pushed together with no real flow within to say why Shaodw and Light can stick together without things combusting per say and never really built upon, whereas Shadow Hunters kept their archaic ways and can master it through the different Loa present, with a prayer they can become one and all.
    All in all, the Shadow magic area has Shadow priests and Death Knights but the fantasy is pretty much unidentified or moved away entirely.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-03 at 09:48 AM.

They're not going to get rid of the faction system, or have player nagas, or add another fucking class. This is just someone's wet dream, I'm surprised anyone believes this shit sometimes.

Edit: And that title, really?
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2017-07-03 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Incredible how many email leaks they have, and used to have in all previous expansions, especially when none of them turn out to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Incredible how many email leaks they have, and used to have in all previous expansions, especially when none of them turn out to be true.
    Last three expansions have had leaks a few days before they were revealed.

MoP had a fairly detailed one about a week before it was trademarked the week before its announcement.

WoD had a short one with many errors (or changes in development) the week before Blizzcon.

Legion had a very small, but accurate leak here on MMO-C in a random post inside a massive thread full of speculation and fake leaks, two days before Gamescom. It was dismissed and ignored.

Leaks do happen, but they no longer happen months in advance, and they're rarely a full list of features.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a load of shit. Completely ignoring the fact that the expansion itself is ridiculous, what possible scenario justifies a company emailing out something that conveniently contains every minuscule detail about their top secret project?

IF you want to make a believable leak, you use as LITTLE detail as possible. "My friend so and so hears it's South Seas related, and that we might be getting a new class." I'd be more inclined to believe a single sentence like that than something trying as hard as this 'leak'. This just reads like some nerd's wet dream / wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

MoP had a fairly detailed one about a week before it was trademarked the week before its announcement.

WoD had a short one with many errors (or changes in development) the week before Blizzcon.

Legion had a very small, but accurate leak here on MMO-C in a random post inside a massive thread full of speculation and fake leaks, two days before Gamescom. It was dismissed and ignored.

Leaks do happen, but they no longer happen months in advance, and they're rarely a full list of features.
    If we go by that logic all of the "good" leaks happen few days before the actual announcement and not months in advance. When we get a new leak before Blizzcon we can take that as granted but not something as strange as this leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If we go by that logic all of the "good" leaks happen few days before the actual announcement and not months in advance. When we get a new leak before Blizzcon we can take that as granted but not something as strange as this leak.
    There are no guarantees either way, but I will have an easier time trusting a "Guys, at my work we've just received some stuff to advertise the next expansion and it has a big dragon with green eyes, I don't know what's about, but it looks dope" a couple days before it's announced than "Here's the full list of features from an expansion that's probably two years away from release".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Sorry to jump into your conversation but I do agree with you and nice to see really. That wanted to talk with a like minded individual... If not ok. In fact like most racials, they can reflect professions this such as like Draenei with Jewelcrafting, Gnomes and Goblins could have increased engineering since well they obviously make things in the first place. And Rogues actually used alchemy to make their poisons realistically and not be made to affect the profession really. Nor were they given any credit for it either.
    Not to mention that Monks also use potions and brews that enhance their abilities, but that also has little to no effect on the profession system.

I can't say that I know Shadow Priests were made for Forsaken since you have Trolls who deal with Voodoo and Shadow like embrace that Shadow priest use to offer before the full-on Void motif. I'm sure Trolls were also Priests from the get-go like Forsaken, still I think if it was given to the Forsaken they believed Trolls actually followed a very similar premise and thought fuck it, why not?
    Yes, Shadow was made with trolls in mind as well. The poster I was responding to mentioned Forsaken, so I only discussed them, but you're right, Shadow Priest was mainly designed for the more sinister side of priesthood. That was mainly trolls and forsaken.

You could say since Draenei are from another planet therefore their technological advancements shouldn't really apply in the scope of Azeroth. They are technologically more advanced than other native Azerothians really so the claim holds weight and... Gnomes work closely with Drae so it is plasible to further fuel that fire.
    Gnomes work closely with Dwarves. We see examples of their union within the Underground Tram system and the Skybreaker airship. I can't think of a single invention where Gnomes merged their tech with Draenei tech.

Shadow Hunter is probably the last unique bastion. It involves Loa and Voodoo which if you want in a in-game pretence is like Paladins with Tank, Damage and Healing but instead of in the Light and Holy identity, they use more Shadow base with a strong Voodoo identity, which for now can be stitched with together by the Loa and connect it with the Shadowlands or even the same meaningless place Shadow Priests had before the Void involvement and no necessary background that has to get involved. They could even throw a dumb curveball that Vol'jin being in the Shadowlands in death can pass on his knowledge to be a Shadow Hunter, with enough work and logic it can become something like Blizzard pull many things out of thin air.

None of the classes specifically stipulate their Shadow based magic is from the Shadowlands at the moment. Death Knights use Death and Necromancy which can stem from the ideals of Shadowlands (thanks to Chronicles and their pretty pictures), but that's quite a small section really never built upon because the realms of Frost, Blood and Unholy waver and the lack of acknowledgement although really which can work in a new class's favour. Death Knights are also are quite militant in they need rule, leadership and a almost agnostic approach needed.
    Shadow Hunting is completely the opposite as it is a religion funnily, they worship several Loa who bless their followers in capabilities to be melee, ranged and uniquely all attuned together with healing abilities. Priests has always been an odd fish in that really, they were two forms pushed together with no real flow within to say why Shaodw and Light can stick together without things combusting per say and never really built upon, whereas Shadow Hunters kept their archaic ways and can master it through the different Loa present, with a prayer they can become one and all.
    All in all, the Shadow magic area has Shadow priests and Death Knights but the fantasy is pretty much unidentified or moved away entirely.
    Shaman took abilities from that concept. Hex, Healing Wave (Chain Heal), and Searing Totem (Serpent Ward) I came from the old Shadow Hunter concept in WC3. Only SH ability currently missing from the Shaman class currently is Big Bad Voodoo, and that spell definitely fits within the Shaman class. It doesn't help that Shadow Hunters are very troll specific. They are essentially Troll shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KCguy View Post
    I couldn't stand the Naga in Throne of Tides dungeon etc. They look silly, look even worse with gear on and water zones are the devil. lol. But whatever. It's just a game. I'm sure there would be extreme fast swimming and stuff to help with it. Long as I'm having fun I don't care in the end.

There's no such thing as a fun underwater zone. 3D fighting was absolutely horrid underwater.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    There's no such thing as a fun underwater zone. 3D fighting was absolutely horrid underwater.
    What about Oculus, the best dungeon experience ever?

Wouldn't mind a South Seas/naga expansion(I'd love it), but I hate pirates. So boring and uninteresting and even more lame jokes whenever pirates are involved.

7+ Year Old Account
    This leek reaks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

leaks happened on reddit and were from the same person. but this here is just a poor attempt to bait people, but its total bs. new tank/dps class? really? be more creative ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    has any expansion leaked months in advance?
    why do we still beleive this? Specially when it is this bad
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Foresaken: Shadow Priests were created because of them. Additionally you have Hunters via Sylvannas and Warlocks via the WoW cinematic. Worgen are highly connected to Druids and Greymane is very similar to an Outlaw Rogue via his fighting style (Gun plus sword).

The whole Goblin/Gnome lacking a class identity falls apart quickly as soon as you look at trolls. To a lesser extent Blood Elves as well.
    If we were to get Tinkerer because Gnomes need a class close to their lore, Bloodelves would have gotten spellbreaker/ranger and Trolls shadowhunter years ago.
    Creating a class should take a back seat to already established classes not in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    The whole Goblin/Gnome lacking a class identity falls apart quickly as soon as you look at trolls. To a lesser extent Blood Elves as well.
    If we were to get Tinkerer because Gnomes need a class close to their lore, Bloodelves would have gotten spellbreaker/ranger and Trolls shadowhunter years ago.
    Creating a class should take a back seat to already established classes not in game.
    Trolls have Shaman, Hunters, and Druids that all reflect their cultural heritage. There's also Loa-based Druidism.

Blood Elves have Paladins (Blood Knights), Mages, and Warlocks which reflects their magical heritage. There's also Demon Hunters which reflected their shared history with Illidan.

There is no technology-based class in WoW. Meanwhile we have Gnomes and Goblins living in cities, riding mechs and cars.

Trolls have Shaman, Hunters, and Druids that all reflect their cultural heritage. There's also Loa-based Druidism.

Blood Elves have Paladins (Blood Knights), Mages, and Warlocks which reflects their magical heritage. There's also Demon Hunters which reflected their shared history with Illidan.

There is no technology-based class in WoW. Meanwhile we have Gnomes and Goblins living in cities, riding mechs and cars.
    Well, but that's not necessary, is it? Gnomes have a strong resemblance in classes like Mage and Warlock, both of which have many many NPCs. Draenei are also working on their space ships and mechs and don't have a class dedicated for their engineering skills.

Trolls and shamanism is a bit tenuous. The Loa's grant them the ability and only Healing and Lightening are really represented, not fire and earth. Trolls didn't actually really get "shamanism" until they became part of the Horde. Meaning that in general Witchdoctor/Shadow Hunter is different for them. Granted I would prefer to see Shadow Hunter and or Witchdoctor added to Shamanism as a sub spec. Because they are related, no reason to add a whole new class.

Blood Elf: The paladins aren't part of the class fantasy they were added on. Mages yes, the arcane, the only race that pulls race/class fantasy is Orc for warlock, it's an iconic class for them, no other races though. Everyone can learn it, but that's not really the point of this discussion. Demonhunter too, anyone can learn it (limited due to the timeframe that in game DHs are trained), it's more of a Nightelf fantasy. The Bloodelfs were followers of Kael-Thas and were basically donated with the exception of a few that went to Outland seeking Illidan, but these represent a small minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, but that's not necessary, is it? Gnomes have a strong resemblance in classes like Mage and Warlock, both of which have many many NPCs. Draenei are also working on their space ships and mechs and don't have a class dedicated for their engineering skills.
    Just as an example, The racial leaders of Blood Elves and Draenei are Mages, Warriors, and Priests respectively. The Goblin and Gnome racial leaders aren't defined, and both fight inside mechanical battle suits.

Deleted
    How would Naga ride my horse? They have tails. They would slide off at a hard left turn.