Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    Looking at your post history, you an angry, angry individual. Stop trying to instigate fights on the internet, your family loves you.
    Looking at your post history you're the one angrily ranting at Blizzard as they "completely blew this tier" and that the top 3 guilds progress "meant nothing" because the boss was "mathematically impossible". You turned out to be hilariously wrong as now Method have an entire evening on KJ while every other guild is eating their dust, and you're backpedalling hard about it rather than admitting you were wrong.

Might want to stop throwing stones in that glass house of yours friend.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-07-05 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korethas View Post
    Looking at your post history you're the one angrily ranting at Blizzard as they "completely blew this tier" and that the top 3 guilds progress "meant nothing" because the boss was "mathematically impossible". You turned out to be hilariously wrong as now Method have an entire evening on KJ while every other guild is eating their dust, and you're backpedalling hard about it rather than admitting you were wrong.

Might want to stop throwing stones in that glass house of yours friend.
    Rage. RAGE! RAAAAGGGGEEEE!
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-07-05 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    There is no blue post about it yet, as far as I know, but nerfs were :

Source
    Ah gotcha, thanks. Heres hoping he will be doable by regular mortals once the top world guilds kill him.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Deleted
    Rage. RAGE! RAAAAGGGGEEEE!
    Yes, I'm the one raging. Not you, the guy who made a rambling conspiracy theory that Fallen Avatar was, and I quote "A boss roadblock purposefully made mathematically impossible".

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Ah gotcha, thanks. Heres hoping he will be doable by regular mortals once the top world guilds kill him.
    I'm sure Method will do a full postmortem once this tier is settled.

Deleted
    Avatar will be probably nerfed hard once the race is over, like Star Augur.

Quote Originally Posted by unicloser View Post
    Former Invective raider here. I'd just like to clarify a couple things. The GM hasn't bothered to fix anything at all with the situation. Almost all of the top players were not from Wildstar. We were just random recruits from mediocre to middle of the pack mythic guilds. The Wildstar dps were absolutely terrible and many of them quit early on. It was a "hardcore" title, but a very casual effort on most people's part.

I think we did pretty good getting to 5/9M. This tier is pretty EASY

Hidden message that Easy 100% poached and ruined Invective.

Shouldn't be anything new by now, happens almost every tier with a few bosses. Initially they're really tight but give it a few weeks or a couple of months worth of gear and suddenly they don't seem quite as difficult - still difficult for your average guild, sure, but not even close to impossible.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Yes, I'm the one raging. Not you, the guy who made a rambling conspiracy theory that Fallen Avatar was, and I quote "A boss roadblock purposefully made mathematically impossible".
    It took HP nerfs and ability hotfixes for anyone to kill it.

That is a boss roadblock. Seriously, keep typing, you're fun.

Deleted
    It took HP nerfs and ability hotfixes for anyone to kill it.

That is a boss roadblock. Seriously, keep typing, your fun.
    The HP nerf (singular) came in well before you made that post, nobody knows when the ability change came in. Do try and keep up.

Just wondering how someone can consider Fallen Avatar to be mathematically impossible if most of the raiders are still in heroic tier gear and maybe 1 or at most 2 pieces of mythic tier from their first clear? Their 925 boots, necks, rings, belts, wrists, relics, and trinkets can't possibly hold up 4 pieces of higher stat allocation 915 tier gear for a dps wall check. Even repeated mythic NH clears and endless mythic plus couldn't have produced this much titanforge for everyone to get all 925s in every slot possible. They're simply loot checked right now.

The HP nerf (singular) came in well before you made that post, nobody knows when the ability change came in. Do try and keep up.
    The game is built on math. A raid can collectively do (x)damage health in (y)minutes with (z) healing. When (x) greater than boss health cannot be done in (y), no matter the skill or healing, that's a mathematically impossible boss. When a boss requires (D) damage done to it, but (z) cannot out heal mechanics to allow the raid to achieve (D) in (y), that's also a mathematically impossible boss.

One of those two scenarios resulted in HP nerfs and boss ability hotfixes to allow a raid to get to (D) in (y) with plenty of (z).
    Last edited by Oftenwrongsoong; 2017-07-04 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chookchan View Post
    All these people claiming 'nerfs' and 'hotfixes' because they can't accept Method is the true savior of Azeroth.
    When will you non-Method fanboys/girls learn that Method raiders are mega-charged robots that can defy Newton's laws?
    Method is a good guild. But they are not invincible which has been proven several times in the past now. It's a good thing they're not the Nihilum of Vanilla->WOTLK, makes the race more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    I predict that Exorsus is gonna kill the boss tomorrow in the evening, but it'll be too late at this point. The only way i can see the race being close again if KJ somehow survives another reset, which is not gonna happen - i think he'll die on a weekend after another 300-400 pulls.

Method just seems too strong atm - i wish there was another English-speaking hardcore guild, i'm looking at their kills and outside of Serenity people there's also new recruits from FS, in NH both these guilds were competing in a tight race with Method and Exorsus, but now if you want to compete for WF you have only one choise, kinda sucks, but i understand that Method isn't at fault here.
    I'd imagine there would be more competition if you didn't have to treat the game like a second job throughout the entire expansion. We had more competition back in the day because you only had to gear one character and worry about that one dude. So you'd put in your 40 hour weeks for 2 weeks and then go down to 2 hour raid weeks for 4 months until next patch. Now its play the game for 40-50 hours a week EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Most people don't like that lol. Nor can they keep up with that.

The game is built on math. A raid can collectively do (x)damage health in (y)minutes with (z) healing. When (x) greater than boss health cannot be done in (y), no matter the skill or healing, that's a mathematically impossible boss. When a boss requires (D) damage done to it, but (z) cannot out heal mechanics to allow the raid to achieve (D) in (y), that's also a mathematically impossible boss.

One of those two scenarios resulted in HP nerfs and boss ability hotfixes to allow a raid to get to (D) in (y) with plenty of (z).
    I have a degree in discrete quantum mathematics and I can barely follow what's going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    I have a degree in discrete quantum mathematics and I can barely follow what's going on here.
    You should've stuck with real analysis then.

Deleted
    The game is built on math. A raid can collectively do (x)damage health in (y)minutes with (z) healing. When (x) cannot be done in (y), no matter the skill or healing, that's a mathematically impossible boxx. When a boss requires (D) damage done to it, but (z) cannot out heal mechanics to allow the raid to achieve (D) in (y), that's also a mathematically impossible boss.

One of those two scenarios resulted in HP nerfs and boss ability hotfixes to allow a raid to get to (D) in (y).
    Did you flat out miss the part where the HP nerf (not nerfs) came in well before you made your "Blizzard deliberately made this boss impossible" conspiracy theory post.

This can be 100% proven by checking the following links:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/155997408 - Alpha's stream from 3 days ago, clearly and conclusively showing Fallen Avatar as having 7159m HP

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/156548726 - Slootbag's stream from today. Where his guild <Future> made pulls of the boss AFTER Method had killed it. And guess what? 7159m HP

The HP has not been changed in DAYS. There have been no HP nerfs in a long, long time.

Did you flat out miss the part where the HP nerf (not nerfs) came in well before you made your "Blizzard deliberately made this boss impossible" conspiracy theory post.

This can be 100% proven by checking the following links:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/155997408 - Alpha's stream from 3 days ago, clearly and conclusively showing Fallen Avatar as having 7159m HP

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/156548726 - Slootbag's stream from today. Where his guild <Future> made pulls of the boss AFTER Method had killed it. And guess what? 7159m HP

The HP has not been changed in DAYS. There have been no HP nerfs in a long, long time.
    Correct, they first did HP nerfs.

Then ability hotfixes.

The ability hotfixes allowed the healers to keep enough players alive to kill the boss.

This is a prudent move, since only nerfing HP until a boss is low enough to kill detracts from its abilities and their affect on raid healing. A fine balance is to get HP to the appropriate level and then tune abilities around the pool so the script works smoothly and the challenge is equal to healers and DPS.

They were clearly satisfied with the health pool as is after the nerf, and focused on abilities and their affect on raiding healing through the entire encounter second.

This is not hard. Math is not hard.
    Last edited by Oftenwrongsoong; 2017-07-05 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    27000 posts. Lmao.

Nothing edgy about it champ. Just surprised people care about people fighting AI mobs. It's not even an e-sport.
    lmao esport

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    27000 posts. Lmao.

Nothing edgy about it champ. Just surprised people care about people fighting AI mobs. It's not even an e-sport.
    It's pretty edgy, not to mention baity. Next you're going to argue that it's strange that pixels matter to people.