View Poll Results: Does it bother you when new areas ban flight?

Voters
558. This poll is closed
  • Yes, loss of flight bothers me.

132 23.66%
  • No, loss of flight doesn't bother me.

304 54.48%
  • I don't really care.

122 21.86%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nope, doesn't bother me. So long as only the new zone has the lack of flight. After all, in MoP, I was never able to fly on Isle of Thunder, Isle of Giants, and Timeless Isle, and I never gave two hoots about it.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I dislike it greatly, but for Argus I think the teleportation system will probably be fine and it suits the theme/story.

kinda

i tend to stay away from those areas

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    ...but for Argus I think the teleportation system will probably be fine and it suits the theme/story.
    ^^^This. I mean, if I was designing it, I'd probably let players fly but have them die to the inhospitable environment when they did. Maybe it's flying demons, or noxious fumes, or wild nether storms... Point is, having Argus be a crazy environment that's difficult to move around in makes perfect sense. There will be dis-contiguous pockets where it's safe to get out of the ship and interact with the environment; the ship will move us from one to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Nope. Doesn't bother me one bit. Its the same as Isle of Thunder, Timeless Isle, Isle of Quel'danas, etc. Flying is nice, sure, but I fell in love with WoW before it was a thing and I'd love the game even if it was gone.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    All their care is how they can stretch playing hours in order to increase profits and look good to shareholders. They dont care what the players want.
    They care about both. You can't care about one without caring about the other. You also can't design the game around every request from every player. That would be like trying to raid while taking everyone who asked to come. Might be nice of you, but you'd never get anything done.

This poll, btw, shows only 24% of respondents saying they care about being able to fly on Argus. I think most of us care more about either engaging world content/lore (if we're into world content at all) or about fun challenging boss fights (if we're more into M+ and raiding).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carenard View Post
    this

there is two problems with no flight zone

1. terrible geography
    2. daze

this is my experience with mobs:
    tiny little spider, imp or something else that just hard casting a shadow word pain twice kills...
    dazed on first hit dismounting me and making me waste time killing it... dealing with the buggy combat locks from allowing me to mount, then remounting

big nasty ugly rare elte demon who wants to destroy the world
    smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack... nevermind your not worth my time and runs back where it came from.

daze is the one mechanic in this game that almost made me uninstall... then finally flight hit, I could finally enjoy the geography and sites of the zones, and not worry about getting dazed by a worm.
    I do think they should change one thing: there is no reason you shouldn't be able to mount just because a mob is looking at you (agro). I think mounting should work like casting spells; yes you can be interrupted, but not just by being mean-mugged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I don't mind not being able to fly on Argus in 7.3 but I do think they should add it in a future patch like they did with the Broken Isles.
    Timeless Isle is still a no fly zone, as is Isle of Thunder. Both are isolated away from the central area of Pandaria, so there is never a risk of getting dismounted up in the air. I'm fine with this model.

Tannan is a flying zone because it is located in the middle of the zone and not allowing flying would cause more issues than it was worth. Just like with the Cataclysm zones.

I'd be perfectly fine if Argus never got flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I do think they should change one thing: there is no reason you shouldn't be able to mount just because a mob is looking at you (agro). I think mounting should work like casting spells; yes you can be interrupted, but not just by being mean-mugged.
    Yeah holy fuck stuck in combat has been a nightmare this expansion. Don't know what it is.

Yes and no. I'd like it better if we could unlock flying in the new area. I hate ground travel and refuse to explore that way. It's rare I get a chance to enjoy the view while on the ground because I'm spending all my time running away from everything. Let me in the air and explore! Enjoy the view! Since I got flying there's a ton of neat details I've seen around the broken isles I never saw before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    In early alpha they experimented with super huge open zones like UO has. Goldshire, for instance, had dozens of buildings and was about the area of all of current sized Elwynn Forest. Then they realized their players wouldn't be happy spending 15 minutes running around town to the one vendor located in each house on the opposite sides of the zone, or compressing the npcs into a smaller area but having a lot of empty houses. So they scaled it down.
    Actually I honestly wished the game was bigger with biggers zones, towns and cities. Maybe not having Goldshire be as big as all of Elwynn Forest but I do remember being disappointed when I first headed down there expecting a small town only to see pretty much 2 building with a few nearby shacks... was really like WTF is this, this isn't even a town, its barely a camp.

It was a lot bigger in the alpha.
    Last edited by Khorm; 2017-07-05 at 09:30 AM.

Doesn't bother me. I kinda like the way it is. New area means new threat. New threat means we should be more cautious. Once we hit top level and explore enough or conquer the enemy enough, we should feel safe and powerful enough to fly. I think the game does that well enough (it doesn't explain it like THAT though).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Goldshire, for instance, had dozens of buildings and was about the area of all of current sized Elwynn Forest. Then they realized their players wouldn't be happy spending 15 minutes running around town to the one vendor located in each house on the opposite sides of the zone, or compressing the npcs into a smaller area but having a lot of empty houses. So they scaled it down.
    According to Blizzard the reason was that they could not create that much content for all the starting areas, so they had to cut it down. It was not because they thought it was bad design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    We are invading a foreign planet, which is swarming with the enemy.
    I think the claustrophobic design is exactly the thing they should be going for.
    A PLANET should not be claustrophobic. Some areas may be (if you are navigating somewhere deep in a canyon), but not the planet as a whole. This is beyond stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Current content are always no-fly zones. It makes perfect sense.
    Why is this so hard for people to wrap their heads around?
    Not always. Only since WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Doesn't bother me. I kinda like the way it is. New area means new threat. New threat means we should be more cautious. Once we hit top level and explore enough or conquer the enemy enough, we should feel safe and powerful enough to fly. I think the game does that well enough (it doesn't explain it like THAT though).
    This is the only reason why no-flying at the beginning in such a hostile zone is justified. I just hope that they don't think that PvE is all about falling off cliffs. I would rather watch out for spontaneous outbreaks of green fel lava or falling rocks in terms of dangerous environment which is not monsters, in comparison to having to watch out not to fall too deep.

I bet that our glider toys will not be working in Argus - so what's about gliders from engineers? I am honestly sick and tired of being grounded with the horrible area design of WoD and Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    This is just a general poll I wanted to make because some people seem so passionate about flight bans. While I'd rather fly, if given the choice, I don't actually mind being grounded. In new content in particular, loss of flight doesn't bother me because I understand the reasoning behind it.

Does it bother you?
    No. Lame and/or pointless content bothers me.

I see mass WPvP battles come 7.3 how exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all.

I really don't give a fuck about flying, it doesn't change the core gameplay mechanics at all. It's just a quality of life thing.

Really, really failing to understand why people make such a huge deal of it, to the point of crying that they're unsubbing because no flying. Makes me think that they already hate the game and are just using flying as justification for unsubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Not no flying itself, but mostly claustrophobic design of locations, caused by no flying, cuz it's definitely not, what open-world MMO should be.
    For someone who hates WoW so much, you sure love to spend every waking hour of your life posting on a WoW forum.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-07-05 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    For someone who hates WoW so much, you sure love to spend every waking hour of your life posting on a WoW forum.
    Hating Wow and hating current design of Wow - are actually two completely different things. Don't confuse one with another. I actually love Wow, otherwise I wouldn't have been playing it for 12 years.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    A PLANET should not be claustrophobic. Some areas may be (if you are navigating somewhere deep in a canyon), but not the planet as a whole. This is beyond stupid.
    Or perhaps when you are close to the heart of enemy territory (much like the zones we will be visiting) are rumored to be?
    Have you ever played the latter levels of SC2, or Dawn of war? How un-claustrophobic did those feel?