Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Chief Clinton Strategist: Democrats Should Abandon the Left

http://www.weeklystandard.com/chief-...rticle/2008717

Whoa, more and more people are trying to distance themselves from left-wing ideology.

Who knows if the Democrat Party is that smart though.

LOL if you think Democrats are "left wing."

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post

Whoa, more and more people are trying to distance themselves from left-wing ideology.

So the guy who ran her losing 08 campaign has advice for the Democratic party 10 years later, when it's a very different party.

Great.

Also, this is basically the same "advice" heard from conservatives, and runs generally contrary to much of the Democratic platform. No thanks. Democrats have a ton of work to do to get their party back into shape, but none of this is advice is good.

Seriously, this reads like Republicans trying to give Democrats advice. The only part of the Weekly Standard piece (which isn't even the actual Op-Ed - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/o...tics.html?_r=0) that brings up anything remotely salient is the last sentence. The DNC is having major troubles communicating what they stand for to voters, but those communications issues extend far further than that. There's a continuing failure with the party leadership, and they remain out of sync with the grassroots organizations that are doing a lot of the heavy lifting for many progressive initiatives with little to no meaningful support from the DNC.

so the Dems need to be more like Hillary and Bill Clinton? I thought that was the main problem for them that you alt right shit heels have been concern trolling about since November. well I guess this only further highlights your true intentions huh, fuck off.

also that article is hilarious to even suggest the whole transgender bathroom thing was something the left harped on about. /not enough eyes to roll
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-07-06 at 06:35 PM.

Grassroots organizations?

Like what, antifa, Black Lives Matter? Or any number of the bizarre identity politics groups?

Personally I hope the Democrat Party doesn't listen and goes full left-wing.

Like what, antifa, Black Lives Matter? Or any number of the bizarre identity politics groups?

You need to stop getting your information about "the left" from right-wing sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    so the Dems need to be more like Hillary and Bill Clinton? I thought that was the main problem for them that you alt right shit heels have been concern trolling about since November. well I guess this only further highlights your true intentions huh, fuck off.

also that article is hilarious to even suggest the whole transgender bathroom thing was something the left harped on about. /not enough eyes to roll
    The right introduced the bill. We just reacted to it.
    Putin khuliyo

This act is getting tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    You need to stop getting your information about "the left" from right-wing sources.
    I have a feeling they posted that with a shit eating grin on their face. as with pretty much everything they post. I mean suggesting the Dem's adopting left wing positions is somehow going to damage their chances? uuuh what?

never mind how the fact Trump ran on arguably more liberal and populist positions is habitually ignored or brought up when it's convenient to attack Clinton.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-07-06 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This act is getting tiresome.
    It's just Vol'jin-ing.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I have a feeling they posted that with a shit eating grin on their face. as with pretty much everything they post. I mean suggesting the Dem's adopting left wing positions is somehow going to damage their chances? uuuh what?

never mind how the fact Trump ran on arguably more liberal and populist positions is habitually ignored or brought up when it's convenient to attack Clinton.
    Still waiting on that Government Healthcare Trump promised that would cover more people, cost less, would be better than the ACA and the government would pay for it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already did, that's why they lost. Hillary is a right wing candidate. Ten years ago, she would have been a Republican.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Still waiting on that Government Healthcare Trump promised that would cover more people, cost less, would be better than the ACA and the government would pay for it all.
    Still waiting for ISIS to be defeated in 30 days.

Still waiting for the wall.

Still waiting for Muslims from being banned.

Still waiting for those 5 million illegal voters to be rooted out and deported.
    Putin khuliyo

I have a feeling they posted that with a shit eating grin on their face. as with pretty much everything they post.
    Pretty much. The alt right is the generation of kids that never grew up, and the rest of us have to play babysitter.

But it's not surprising that anyone attached to Clinton would be saying something like this. Hillary is center-right unless she's trying to very poorly win votes from the left, at which point RoboHillary awkwardly puts out some lines she thinks the left will enjoy. Bill Clinton's tenure as president would probably be considered fairly Republican by today's standards.

And there is some truth to it - and not at all because it's best for America. When the media pushing the most subversively deceptive propaganda at every level of human consumption is conservative, you need to play the tune they've been teaching the people if you want to get back in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Still waiting for ISIS to be defeated in 30 days.

Still waiting for the wall.

Still waiting for Muslims from being banned.

Still waiting for those 5 million illegal voters to be rooted out and deported.
    What's funny is, the same kind of person that will say "he needs time to do these things" will be the first to scream about no information being shown from the Muller investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    But somehow wouldn't be evil single-payer.

OT: Maybe Clinton strategists aren't who the Dems should be listening to right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    LOL if you think Democrats are "left wing."
    Some are, some aren't, LOL if you think that isn't true.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

democrats are more center-right on the political spectrum.
    Most Americans have no idea what the left really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    democrats are more center-right on the political spectrum.
    Most Americans have no idea what the left really is.
    I always had to laugh about this compared to the rest of the world, especially in Europe. I always considered myself fairly liberal with my policy positions but when talking to a few European friends in WOW they basically said I would be considered a level headed conservative in Europe.

Dems should abandon the left? Didn't they do that when they were accusing the left wing of being sexist in 2016? They tried to court the corporate center right and lost.

What direction should they move to win? What voters are they going to pick up? They've already tried the corporatist with spoken, but no actual support, for slightly leftist ideas. Dems are already the center right to counter the radical far right of republicans.