Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    And here we go again.

And people wonder why LGBT people are constantly paranoid about our rights being eroded even when we win victories in the courts or in the court of popular opinion.
    And you call people racist for calling other cultures primitive and worse. You dig your own grave

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    So basically the same stuff that happens here in the west.
    It was probably death threats from the actual Chinese government. Shitheads in America are privatized

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    They probably support it, Chinese netizens are pretty brainwashed and cultish when it comes to criticism against the CCP and China.

Take for example this:

The video was so controversial that the girl was forced to apologise after her social life in China was destroyed and death threats were made against her family.

Relevant article.

Well the Chinese get it unlike western nations. If you are bringing down your own country for whatever reason and no matter how compelling the reasons... you are basically helping other countries, who you are in competition with for everything from resources to power.

The am not a fan of Chinese people as a whole given my own personal interactions with them over the years have demonstrated their unique way to compartmentalize everything but I do give them merit for sticking together, unlike western countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    i don't know what facism is.

Did you mean fascism?
    yeah i must have misspelled it. i just woke up.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    A fraction of 7-8 billion people are born with reproductive organs that they have no intention of using to reproduce, which some would argue is any organism's primary function/design (suggested even more so by theories which are secular).
    I'm not saying homosexuality is a result of the following; but you'd have to be a moron to suggest that inconsistencies/mistakes/mutations (for right or wrong) don't occur when cells are multiplying/dividing millions of times in a womb, regardless of species.

Anyone who thinks homosexuality is an abomination is a moron... it's like being against red hair. Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Fifty years ago we were the same way.
    Fifty years ago, we were also wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    And here we go again.

And people wonder why LGBT people are constantly paranoid about our rights being eroded even when we win victories in the courts or in the court of popular opinion.
    LGBT people in China have a reason to. LGBT people here don't.

China doing what China does... limit free speech and the internet. This shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    LGBT people in China have a reason to. LGBT people here don't.
    Well, tell that to the state governments who want to discriminate against gay people. Tell that to the tens of millions of Americans who want the Supreme Court to overturn the legalization of gay marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    So basically the same stuff that happens here in the west.
    Not even close, chinese state run media run with the story and downright called here a liar, attempting to discredit whatever she said.

some other articles taken from the wapo article I linked earlier:

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1048136.shtml

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1048515.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Anyone who thinks homosexuality is an abomination is a moron... it's like being against red hair. Stupid.
    That's your opinion, which wouldn't be popular in many places on earth today, China being one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, tell that to the state governments who want to discriminate against gay people. Tell that to the tens of millions of Americans who want the Supreme Court to overturn the legalization of gay marriage.
    Every person has the same right to marry. You just have to marry someone of the opposite sex. That applied to heterosexual just as well as homosexual people. Stop pretending like LGBT people are living a terrible life in countries like the USA. Try living in a country where they fling you off of buildings. But that's something you are not allowed to talk about, that contradicts your narrative.

Every person has the same right to marry. You just have to marry someone of the opposite sex. That applied to heterosexual just as well as homosexual people. Stop pretending like LGBT people are living a terrible life in countries like the USA. Try living in a country where they fling you off of buildings. But that's something you are not allowed to talk about, that contradicts your narrative.
    Congratulations, you aren't as bad as ISIS.

What amount of government discrimination are you willing to support. Clearly, denying them the right to marry whom they choose is fine with, but you aren't willing to murder them. So, whet is the line for you? How much oppression of gay people at you willing to support and ignore?

Try living in a country where they fling you off of buildings. But that's something you are not allowed to talk about, that contradicts your narrative.
    The shooting in Orlando was a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I pretty much expect more of this attitude to be highlighted. Going forward.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

No one should be suprised considering China's issue with free speech. "China bans X" is just too common and expected.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    U mad, fag?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-10 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Fifty years ago we were the same way.
    Not even that long ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Is this meant to justify China's blatant disregard not only for free speech but also against homosexuals?
    Tehy don't have free speech rights there. If it were a big priority for them as a nation they would do more to address it. Oddly much like you want them to live under your ideals they want to live under their own. Good luck though if you are looking for things to be upset about look at your own country it has several issues to be dealt with, no matter where you live.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Considering you're only allowed on these forums to support homosexuality..

Let's all talk about the evil of suppressing homosexuality..

Evil law !!! Just evil.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Considering you're only allowed on these forums to support homosexuality..

Let's all talk about the evil of suppressing homosexuality..

Evil law !!! Just evil.
    Well, they do tend to infract people for spewing ignorant, homophobic garbage. That does not make you a victim.

Suppressing free speech is a bad thing, it's nice to see you coming around on the issue. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Doesn't China still place a high value on males for the sake of continuing on the family name with their offspring? I couldn't exactly imagine homosexuality flying to well with that ideal.
    That's actually a huge part of the problem.

This priority/higher value on males, led to a disproportionate ratios of males to females, greater than 2:1. Right now China is dealing with a significant social problem where over 50% of the male population will never have a sexual experience with the opposite sex.

What China has done has actually CREATED a problem where whether they are actually attracted to same sex or not, they are seeking companionship from the only people available. But lack of sexual partners does not necessarily breed homosexuality... this is why the sex doll industry is booming in China. In western cultures we may see a lifesize sex doll costing thousands of dollars as weird. For Chinese men... its a necessity.

By regulation LGBT attactivity China is creating sexual deviants. It isn't going to deter people from the act(s)... it just going to become something people don't talk about.

This will cause crimes against the LGBT community to rise, suicide rates to rise, and mental health problems across the population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Doesn't China still place a high value on males for the sake of continuing on the family name with their offspring? I couldn't exactly imagine homosexuality flying to well with that ideal.
    Sounds like that ideal needs to evolve. At this point, China is setting itself up for a full social revolt that would make the classical rights movements proud. I wonder when the people of China will realize their best interest isn't in the powers that be.

Then again, I ask the people of Russia the same thing.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.