Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    False there will for sure definitely be over 6 months before a new expansion at the very least. It has already been confirmed that there will be 3 pvp seasons starting with 7.3.
    The patch cycle does suggest a shorter drought to be fair.

But as I said Blizzard have been throwing the "no drought" rubbish at us since Wrath. So for me it's a case of I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't see it.

Not because it's unprecedented (which the Gamescom announcement was) but because SDCC is SDCC. It isn't a gaming convention, you're looking at a related but incorrect audience. People don't go to SDCC to hear about games, and you don't have all the gaming press doing full coverage of the con like you would at an actual gaming event, like Gamescom.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    San Diego Comic Con is the largest entertainment convention in the entire world, there is literally nothing like it, wtf do you people mean it's not large enough?

If it's unlikely it has nothing at all to do with the size and magnitude of the event, it's only because it's not a gaming related convention, the largest tent pole films are announced at SDCC of course a frickin WOW Expansion wouldn't require an even more important and bigger event of this type, and one doesn't even exist.
    I was thinking the same thing. When I lived in San Diego years ago I remember it being a city shutdown event. It is like the Con of all the Cons by far.

I mean I still don't expect an expansion announcement there but the size being the reason? LOL no.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2017-07-13 at 09:07 AM.

If they will reveal anything at SDCC it will be another Warcraft movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    The San Diego Comic Con is starting and Blizzard seem to be extra invested in it this time.
    Could a new expansion be revealed next week?
    No if you look closely and are not stupid you see its mostly OV they show there.
    Blizzcon not before silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And when I see the final patch isn't a year and half long then I'll believe it. Been told the same thing far too many times.
    HFC was 14 months.

- - - Updated - - -

But as I said Blizzard have been throwing the "no drought" rubbish at us since Wrath. So for me it's a case of I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't know what game your're playing. You seem to have missed the latest trend of gating every patch until the end of time.

I don't think so, they only did it for legion because of the rage against WoD.
    Legion is doing good, so I think they will wait till blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Doubt we'll see a new expansion there, but I think we'll see a new overwatch cinematic for sure.
    They'll probably show us some 7.3 stuff if there's anything WoW related there.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    We've already seen it with the patch cycle in Legion. There won't even be 6 month of the final raid of Legion, be that Antorus or a Ruby Sanctum-like raid, and the next xpac this time around I bet.
    The fact they've pushed the patches out so quickly is the reason we're going to have a 12-16 month wait after 7.3. They've blown their load too early, just like they did in Pandaria.
    Last edited by Apology; 2017-07-13 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    The fact they've pushed the patches out so quickly is the reason we're going to have a 12-16 month wait after 7.3. They've blown their load too early, just like they did in Pandaria.
    10-14 month wait, not 12-16 month.

We've never had a 16 month wait.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    10-14 month wait, not 12-16 month.

We've never had a 16 month wait.
    I had it in my head 6.2 lasted for 16 months for some reason, but youre right. It was 'only' 14. My bad.

World of Warcraft: Kul'Tiras, coming December 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    I had it in my head 6.2 lasted for 16 months for some reason, but youre right. It was 'only' 14. My bad.

World of Warcraft: Kul'Tiras, coming December 2018.
    Not saying 10-14 months without new content is acceptable, just want to avoid letting the fish story get too out of hand.

I think it's inevitable we're going to see a content drought, though. I don't think it's possible for them to avoid it. At best they could put out unsubstantial content releases like the Ruby Santcum in the interim, but most people don't even count that when considering WOTLK's 12 month drought.

As shitty as it is, Blizzard may be right in saying they're better off just putting everybody on the next expansion with how poorly received 3.3.5 was.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprex View Post
    The second Warcraft movie maybe
    Yeah, that's not going to happen. The first Warcraft film killed that dream good.

As for the new expansion, either Gamescom or Blizzcon. Comiccon is not primarily about games, even though they expaned throught the years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, otherwise there would again be a content gap for 1+ years.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    The San Diego Comic Con is starting and Blizzard seem to be extra invested in it this time.

Could a new expansion be revealed next week?
    We've almost defeated the Legion and its time to move on from the Hellfire Peninsula green shit and barren wasteland type areas. Many people are sick of it by now.

Legion itself wasn't reaved at Blizzcon so there definitely is a chance. They could even introduce it being a comic-con and primarily a written medium, they could even reflect on that and announce it via a letter from the forces left behind on Azeroth which came to the faction leader's attention, on that of an ancient evil is rising from the oceans while they were on Argus or something like that. That would be a fun change from all the old announcements.
    doubt it, we are just now getting info on 7.3 gamescon might be a better bet
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

???

Every expansion followed the same trend except WOD, regular patches and then patches stop to move the whole crew to work on the new expansion instead of patches. Both WOTLK and MOP had regular patches, MOP also had similar cycle of raid - no raid (5.1, 5.3) patches.

If they didn't have a break at the end of expansion I could see next one suffer from being rushed / undermanned and I wouldn't want that.

Anyway I would hate if there was no break at the end of expansion, I usually use that time to catch up with all the achievements, content I've never had time for before because of all the rush, work on alts and so on. I really hate Legion is a constant stream of busywork so I can never have an afternoon where I feel "hey there isn't anything urgent I need to do right now, might as well do something just for fun".

Also I hate early expansion announcements, ruins the whole fun from the last patch because it barely starts and then everyone is already "omg this content is old, bring on the new, I'm sooo hyyyped!" even though this "old" content can be barely 1-3 months old. Argus sounds cool to me, I'll hate to go there and see bullshit on general chat that "Argus sucks I wish we had Kul Tiras (or whatever will be the next fad) already". I'd really like to enjoy the expansion finale without it being overshadowed by the next expansion looming.

Hey guys! So when exactly will we know if they announced something at Comic Con? Around the 20th or more like the 23rd?

The announcement of Legion on Gamescom is widely seen as damage control following the plummeting numbers and ratings in WoD, they needed to pick up the pace asap. They definitely don't have any damage to control in Legion and we're too far from the end of the expansion for them to hurry to announce anything on SDCC. It is not a scene centered on Blizzard, not a scene centered on games even. They may do something on Gamescom, but my bets are on Blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Deleted
    I'm thinking SDCC time will be mostly spent on Overwatch, what with this professional league they're setting up. Possibly a Warcraft 2 movie announcement, and a smattering of other stuff. I'd be surprised if there's more than 7.3 fluff when it comes to Wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Hey guys! So when exactly will we know if they announced something at Comic Con?
    We know for a fact that they WONT announce anything WoW at CC. Who belives that is simple silly.