Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    One of my main gripes with this game. What fucking moron thought that dying only returning you to your Home Point was a good idea for Death in this game. Home Point should be where you like to Travel to. Having to rebind home point to every new Aetheryte makes it not a fucking home point it makes it a Check Point. The worst part is if you manage to die somehow before you find an Aetheryte in a new Zone you literally have to respawn in a previous Zone.
    I've never died enough in this game to even make this issue something I think about...at all.

If you're dying that much, you're doing something wrong. Given how short most mob leashes are, sprint away and have them reset and you're fine. Traveling in this game is also so easy it's hardly an issue.

Travel time and a small equipment repair cost is the only penalty for dying in this game (being resurrected eliminates the travel time but incurs a stat penalty for a time), and it's a very small penalty.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I've never died enough in this game to even make this issue something I think about...at all.

If you're dying that much, you're doing something wrong. Given how short most mob leashes are, sprint away and have them reset and you're fine. Traveling in this game is also so easy it's hardly an issue.

Travel time and a small equipment repair cost is the only penalty for dying in this game (being resurrected eliminates the travel time but incurs a stat penalty for a time), and it's a very small penalty.
    I've died I think 3 times since playing, I am currently lvl 64, all 3 times It has fucked me off.

I've died I think 3 times since playing, I am currently lvl 64, all 3 times It has fucked me off.
    Seems to be a rather rash reaction to something that's occurred all of 3 times to you.

I suppose it would be inconvenient were it a major world FATE you wanted credit for or such, but in those cases, there's usually someone around who can res you.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Seems to be a rather rash reaction to something that's occurred all of 3 times to you.

I suppose it would be inconvenient were it a major world FATE you wanted credit for or such, but in those cases, there's usually someone around who can res you.
    It happened when I was doing the stretch between Kugane and Othard when you go like 40mins between leaving Kugane and getting to the Confederacy Village and my home point was New Gridania. That's how long it had been since I died that it was still set to my Home Town.

So teleport to Kugane then having to run and swim all the way back over to Othard was annoying as all hell.

It happened when I was doing the stretch between Kugane and Othard when you go like 40mins between leaving Kugane and getting to the Confederacy Village and my home point was New Gridania. That's how long it had been since I died that it was still set to my Home Town.

So teleport to Kugane then having to run and swim all the way back over to Othard was annoying as all hell.
    Honestly, I'd chalk that one up more to the fact that until you have flying in Ruby Sea, having to swim every goddamn where is annoying as all fuck. I mean there's a few instances where you're on a boat to go across, iirc, but for the most part, you're having to go Michael Phelps mode (sprint while swimming).

I always have my home point set to whatever capital I'm with GC wise (currently Ul'dah for Flames). I think I did change it once before engaging Ixion a couple weeks ago, but that was all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    YOu can only get appreciable XP from old dungeons via daily roulette. Once you exhaust that you're forced to grind the highest dungeon you can queue for to level). Again, not saying other games do this well, just saying it's not something FF14 does super well either. Being faster than an overweight slow kid doesn't mean you're fast.

FATEs as you probably know by now are not content to me.
    Yeah, this game really does need some form of repeatable XP that isn't a chore to grind out. PvP was, briefly, this until they nerfed the XP for it. GW2 had the right idea imo, award ample XP for everything. That way players can level by doing the content that appeals to them the most, be that combat and the story, or picking flowers and baking cakes.

Let's be honest here, by the time you've done the MSQ and all the side quests, what leveling content remains quickly loses its appeal when you consider how many POTD runs you're going to have to do in order to hit 70 with all jobs.

I really don't see why it needs to take so long at all. I know some people think of leveling as a form of extended tutorial, but when you get your class defining mechanics at levels 60+, the bulk of the time spent "learning to play" is completely obsolete. If learning begins at 60, it's less to go back and unlearn when you just rush players there in the first place.

I don't think FATEs themselves are bad, they're just not organized. I feel something like the Diadem, an organized instance of FATEs, would be far preferable for leveling using the FATE model as content. You queue up, join a group quickly, do your FATEs and either stick around to keep grinding or leave and do it again.

I still want gatherer/crafter fates. Just make something like a meteor falling or a giant tree collapsing or a huge school or rare fish or gatherers like a rare node but with goals to complete like a leve and for crafters just have a 'collectibles' style section in the recipe book and you pick up stuff like a collection fate and just craft it before turning in like a moogle/ixal daily.

I dunno about crafting, but Diadem gave us gathering missions, and I think some sort of group leveling experience might make gatherers more interesting for people to do. It also occurs to me that the one roadblock that kept gathering dailies from being possible has been removed, to wit: clickable nodes for all 3 professions.

Prior to SB you would have had to exclude FSH from such things or have the dailies not actually involve any gathering, since they didn't work like BTN and MIN did. Now with spearfishing they can harvest just like the others.

Also, considering the future possibility of crafter dailies, it occurs to me the Lupin may end up a part of this, in the same vein as the Moogles. 'We have been derelict in our duty, we must make amends. Help us, adventurer, to rebuild what was broken in our time away from our homeland!'

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I still want gatherer/crafter fates. Just make something like a meteor falling or a giant tree collapsing or a huge school or rare fish or gatherers like a rare node but with goals to complete like a leve and for crafters just have a 'collectibles' style section in the recipe book and you pick up stuff like a collection fate and just craft it before turning in like a moogle/ixal daily.
    I doubt we will get gathering or crafting fates. They gave them leves exclusively for sb
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    FFXIV doesn't require you to replay the MSQ 15 times per expansion.
    You have to play through all the zones on each alt in WoW, essentially doing the "MSQ" equivalent on every class. The only change is what order you go to the zones. Unless I missed something when playing Legion that would have allowed me to not do any zone quests at all.
    I would honestly rather that than spam potd endlessly TBH.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    POTD is neither required nor is it your only option. It also doesn't unlock things like playing through each zone in Legion does.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I got almost all classes at 60. Did PoTD twice.
    Daily random low level bonus is by far the easiest way to level, if you are patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    POTD is neither required nor is it your only option. It also doesn't unlock things like playing through each zone in Legion does.
    It's the fastest route by far if you're a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I got almost all classes at 60. Did PoTD twice.
    Daily random low level bonus is by far the easiest way to level, if you are patient.
    Yeah you can get there incredibly slowly, but that's kinda pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

It's the fastest route by far if you're a DPS.

Yeah you can get there incredibly slowly, but that's kinda pointless.
    Its not pointless if you enjoy the ride if you don't like it don't do it. I don't understand why people do this to themselves it's not like getting to 70 on alt jobs is needed for anything.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

How puggable is omega savage? I'm thinking about trying it later today
    Last edited by tikcol; 2017-07-21 at 12:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    How puggable is omega savage? I'm thinking about trying it later today
    v1 and v2 I say are puggable, 3 might be but unlikely, and 4 is IMO an absolute no go (unless you're in JP in which case, some JP pugs have made it to o4s, so its possible.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    v1 and v2 I say are puggable, 3 might be but unlikely, and 4 is IMO an absolute no go (unless you're in JP in which case, some JP pugs have made it to o4s, so its possible.)
    To be fair though in Japan they treat the Duty Finder/Raid Finder differently. They actually use it from what I've heard and they expect you to come knowing what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair though in Japan they treat the Duty Finder/Raid Finder differently. They actually use it from what I've heard and they expect you to come knowing what you are doing.
    Different mentality I guess, but that's how it's supposed to be in my opinion. Nobody should go completely blind if it isn't release day.

It's a matter of responsibility and trying respect other's time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Quest: Complete v1 with a pug by Sunday
    BONUS: clear v2 with a pug

- - - Updated - - -

I would prefer a static but my schedule is horrendous

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Different mentality I guess, but that's how it's supposed to be in my opinion. Nobody should go completely blind if it isn't release day.

It's a matter of responsibility and trying respect other's time

- - - Updated - - -

Quest: Complete v1 with a pug by Sunday
    BONUS: clear v2 with a pug

- - - Updated - - -

I would prefer a static but my schedule is horrendous
    Meh with Dungeons and 24 mans I can understand. Not like they are hard to be honest.

Savage and EX for sure though.