Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    This is exactly why you need a strong leader (like Trump) to actually enforce immigration laws so people that might be put in these situations will be deterred from even attempting it. The bigger the deterrent, the less likely this shit is to occur.
    Just like the strong leaders in the war on drugs stopped all drugs from entering the United States.
    You are delusional.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's not an issue of letting everyone in, although I think there are strong arguments for completely open borders. The real issue is that we have a bad system which encourages people not to come here legally. Coming here legally is needlessly complex, expensive, and time intensive. If we have a simple, fast, cheap system, people would be encouraged to get in line where we can properly weed them out and deal with them on the books. If you give people the impression they are better off coming here in a trailer, they will.

The idea that the problems are going to follow them is absurd. Many are trying to escape drug wars that are being fueled by American dollars. Those wars are not being fought here like they are there.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't blame people for trying to escape war-torn countries, because I would too and you are a hypocrite because you know you would as well.
    if you are weeding people out at all, you are giving them reason to enter through illegal means.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    You left out the immigrants themselves. They made their choice to use illegal methods of entry to the US.
    Doesn't really deserve a death sentence though.
    They should stay home and try and make their own country a better place. Either that or find a way of entering a country legally. When you deal with theives, conmen/women and their ilk you are likely going to end up with the short end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    This is not the fault of their own government they died in US soil. It's the fault of the US government and a certain gingerbread man. But above all I hope James M Bradley rots in jail what a wicked old man.
    How is this the governments fault? It's the fault of the people who died and the smugglers who smuggled them. No one else.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    if you are weeding people out at all, you are giving them reason to enter through illegal means.
    They have substantially more of a reason to come illegally when you make the process inscrutable. Even taking the first steps is incredibly complicated and difficult. You could be deported at any time for reasons that are barely comprehensible once you are in, it could take decades, and it could cost tens of thousands of dollars.

The idea that the same number of people are going to come illegally no matter how you structure your immigration system is pathetically stupid.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't blame people for trying to escape war-torn countries, because I would too and you are a hypocrite because you know you would as well.
    What war torn country were they trying to escape from?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What war torn country were they trying to escape from?
    The vast majority of central America, where they clearly came from, is awash in drug wars.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    I can't believe slavery is still an issue.

How the hell can this level of inhumanity still happen in first world countries?
    Just read this sentence back. Goes to show how privileged and undeniably oblivious to whats going on. Do you even watch the news or have PoC friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    I can't believe slavery is still an issue.

How the hell can this level of inhumanity still happen in first world countries?
    There is "slavery" everywhere my friend. Europe has a pretty strong human trafficking industry from what I understand. The largest portion of the people get 'recruited' into the sex industry.

The vast majority of central America, where they clearly came from, is awash in drug wars.
    Exactly...
    Guatamala
    Nicaragua
    Columbia
    Ecuador
    Bolivia
    El Salvador
    etc
    A good portion of illegal immigrants are not from Mexico. However, they do travel through Mexico. Imagine how many die in route that we never even find out about. That is why Mexico really should bolster its southern border.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-07-23 at 09:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Walmart is going to traffic human beings, they should provide better facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I wouldn't say someone is privileged to not be a slave. We're just lucky we're not born in the places / circles these savages are.
    That's not why I said he is privileged I meant that he demonstrated how privileged he is by being oblivious and frankly ignorant of the fact that modern slavery is a thing. Which is why I asked if he watched the news...

But you just exposed yourself...Who are you calling savages? The victims of or the traffickers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    http://m.chron.com/news/local/articl...r-11308288.php

No matter which side of the aisle you are on you have to admit this is a human tragedy. Nobody wants to die in a hot trailer. These people were failed by both their own government and the US government.
    Baaa-zing.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Yes. I think that innocent people are savages. (just in case you take me literally - I am talking about the coyotes, drug traffickers, slavers who deliberately prey on immigrants. I don't like immigration, I'm glad the USA is building a wall and has a leader that recognises the immigration is a problem. They don't deserve to die though, especially not that like - the traffickers however...)
    don't assume they were innocent just because they ended up dead in a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    If Walmart is going to traffic human beings, they should provide better facilities.
    Well, it was a refrigerated truck. It just happened to not be working.

On a more serious note. I wonder how much longer those people would have been out there had that Walmart employee reported it.

Yes. I think that innocent people are savages. (just in case you take me literally - I am talking about the coyotes, drug traffickers, slavers who deliberately prey on immigrants. I don't like immigration, I'm glad the USA is building a wall and has a leader that recognises the immigration is a problem. They don't deserve to die though, especially not that like - the traffickers however...)
    "The Wall" probably won't happen or at least it won't function the way it was promised to function. And that is to 'secure the border'. It just isn't that simple.
    Illegal immigration is a monster that should have been tackled in the early 80's, possibly earlier. Each and every administration since Ronald Reagan has promised to do something about immigration and has failed the people of the U.S.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    It would have been nothing but dead bodies considering even the living likely have brain damage.
    Either that or the other coyotes would have picked them up and carried them to their next destination.
    Which brings me to my next query. I wonder what will happen to all those people that got rescued. Will they be deported back to their country of origin?

- - - Updated - - -

More information

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.g...Fid%3D48799989

This article states 9 are dead now. I saw in another article that is was 10.
    It also states that some ran off into the woods. I wonder why those people just sat there and just roasted in that trailer if they could just ran off at any time like that. They could have at least just hid in the woods while waiting for the next coyote.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the government runs a system poorly or unjustly, the consequences are the government's fault. Fault is not a zero sum game. The government can be at fault and the traffickers can be at fault. Neither reduces the fault of the other.
    Putting the blame on government, even due to poor immigration laws, is a stretch at best. No one has a right to come here. The government has no responsibility whatsoever if people violate the laws and bad shit happens due to their decision to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    This is not the fault of their own government they died in US soil. It's the fault of the US government and a certain gingerbread man. But above all I hope James M Bradley rots in jail what a wicked old man.
    Okay, pretty much everyone here knows my personal views about Trump.

This is not his fault.

Shit like this happened during Obama's presidency, too. And Bush's. It's desperate people being taken advantage of by unscrupulous assholes. It doesn't have a party affiliation.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Putting the blame on government, even due to poor immigration laws, is a stretch at best. No one has a right to come here. The government has no responsibility whatsoever if people violate the laws and bad shit happens due to their decision to do so.
    You are correct that people do not have a right to come here.
    However, it is their government's responsibility to create laws that govern their country to make it prosperous enough for people to not want to leave. And it is our government's responsibility to create laws to either keep illegal immigrants out or create a better path for them to enter the country legally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Okay, pretty much everyone here knows my personal views about Trump.

This is not his fault.

Shit like this happened during Obama's presidency, too. And Bush's. It's desperate people being taken advantage of by unscrupulous assholes. It doesn't have a party affiliation.
    Of coarse it doesn't. This has been going on for decades.
    http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/local...g-11310520.php
    This driver got life in prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    You are correct that people do not have a right to come here.
    However, it is their government's responsibility to create laws that govern their country to make it prosperous enough for people to not want to leave. And it is our government's responsibility to create laws to either keep illegal immigrants out or create a better path for them to enter the country legally.
    I never said otherwise. However, even having shitty laws does not make people breaking them and getting into bad situations the fault of anyone but those breaking the laws.