Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're not "embracing individuals" when you state, flat-out, that a lot of your colleagues are biologically incompetent to do the jobs for which they were hired.
    I don't believe he mentioned any of his colleagues directly when he wrote-up the memo. Also, If I recall correctly, he mentioned the biological difference between men and women.

Oh, and I kind of find it amusing that nobody has mentioned anything about what was said to start off the memo.

From the memo author

"I value diversity and inclusion, am not denying that sexism exists, and don’t endorse using stereotypes. When addressing the gap in representation in the population, we need to look at population level differences in distributions. If we can’t have an honest discussion about this, then we can never truly solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Far-righters are just really mad that people apparently have the nerve to not open up their private properties to allow them to spread their lies, conspiracies and toxic negativity.

Next thing they are going to complain about how the rest of us peaceful and loving folks don't bend down on our knees begging them to preach to us on how to be mean and spiteful to others in our very own homes.
    The problem with the US today is young adults actually think they're entitled to anything they want. Why? Because institutes that are supposed to harden them up to the real world, like colleges, hold their hands and give them safe spaces. All this shit is absurd, at the end of the day do your job, go home, eat, fuck, sleep, do it again tomorrow. Truth is no one gives a fuck about your opinions if you aren't being paid for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It's quite disturbing to see how many biased individuals are adopting the policy for this one thread that workers should be mindless drones that should do nothing but work all day while abstaining from something as crazy as voicing their own opinions...

A view I'm sure that will change as soon as it's convenient to them.
    Except when you are writing up nonsense and wasting the time and energy of others because you are busy stirring drama up. All during working hours.

It's quite disturbing you should think that people should be running their mini-political campaigns in the workplace, instead of actually working.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Except the fact google practically rightout said they fired him for his opinions.
    Except that they didn't?:
    Earlier on Monday, Google CEO Sundar Pichai sent a note to employees that said portions of the memo “violate our Code of Conduct and cross the line by advancing harmful gender stereotypes in our workplace.”

In her initial response to the memo, Brown, who joined from Intel Corp. in June, suggested that Google was open to all hosting “difficult political views,” including those in the memo. However, she left open the possibility that Google could penalize the engineer for violating company policies. “But that discourse needs to work alongside the principles of equal employment found in our Code of Conduct, policies, and anti-discrimination laws,” she wrote.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    People who want the overall environment and culture they live in to change are in fact - against conservatism.

There are plenty of women who are absolutely fine, if not happier, to live in an environment where there are certain jobs which tend to attract more men than women.

Honestly, I personally am -not- interested in a 'diverse' workplace when it goes against the culture and environment I was raised in. It feels forced, fake and unnatural.
    I'm sorry your special snowflake natural environment isn't being taken care of by the real world. And honestly, calling your own upbringing as "natural". And here I thought conservatives were supposed to be subtle about their vanity.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    I don't believe he mentioned any of his colleagues directly when he wrote-up the memo.
    Not specifically, no. Just by entire classes of colleague. He was directly condescending and dismissive of all women he worked with.

Oh, and I kind of find it amusing that nobody has mentioned anything about what was said to start off the memo.
    From the memo author

"I value diversity and inclusion, am not denying that sexism exists, and don’t endorse using stereotypes. When addressing the gap in representation in the population, we need to look at population level differences in distributions. If we can’t have an honest discussion about this, then we can never truly solve the problem.
    Yeah, we're ignoring it because it's a lie that betrays the complete lack of self-reflection this guy has.

After stating that, he then went on, in his manifesto, to attack diversity and inclusion as principles, claimed that sexism was biologically justified, and made pretty much every single argument based on nothing but stereotypes.

It's a wordier equivalent of something like "I'm not racist, but the Jews are just the worst, aren't they?" The first part's a lie, as demonstrated by the rest of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    If anyone would bother reading the thing, the one would appreciate some points there.

Namely if there is no 50-50 male female representation in hightech workforce then any attempt to forcefully create 50-50 representation at workplace will automatically mean that you would discriminate against the majority faction.

If people want to fix this, the right way is not to hire based on what people have between their legs, but by education from year 1 where maybe girls should get less cute dollies and more useful educational kits.

Women are fully capable of doing everything, problem is many of them are intentionally/unintentionally steered towards bullshit by their parents and the system during childhood. That's what needs to be fixed, not trying to artificially diversify workplace which means that higher skilled person gets declined over less skilled one just because of incorrect genitalia between legs.
    Nope. Data from the most egalitarian societies. show that the more freedom you give to men and women, the wider gap between STEM and social sciences/traditional gender role choices.

Countries like Iran have close to 1:1 ratio exactly because women are not allowed to study social sciences as much as women can in the West.

Good riddance! Criticizing diversity is pointless and can only do harm.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    Nope. Data from the most egalitarian societies. show that the more freedom you give to men and women, the wider gap between STEM and social sciences/traditional gender role choices.

Countries like Iran have close to 1:1 ratio exactly because women are not allowed to study social sciences as much as women can in the West.
    You know, plus the fact women aren't allowed to do pretty much anything without a males consent in that country.

We'll ignore that though and use your narrow field of factoids as a basis for an entire theory /s

^ The manifest in a nutshell, tbh.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Oh you poor thing... are you forced to be sucessful? Thats pure BS, A black male would need to do at least 3x your effort to secure a position you can easily get, and get paid less for it. SO does women. AND when they get there they need to live side by side with misoginy and racism. If you cant see your privilegies, the world will be happy to show you.
    I guess that I got into a fancy university because I'm white and not because I've pretty much dedicated my entire youth to studies then? I also recall being paid the same as the women I worked with inventory stock even though I did all the heavy lifting AND the same amount of sorting they did. I got paid the same for more work, was that also my white privilege?

Don't blame others because you're a loser...

Deleted
    Not specifically, no. Just by entire classes of colleague. He was directly condescending and dismissive of all women he worked with.

Yeah, we're ignoring it because it's a lie that betrays the complete lack of self-reflection this guy has.

After stating that, he then went on, in his manifesto, to attack diversity and inclusion as principles, claimed that sexism was biologically justified, and made pretty much every single argument based on nothing but stereotypes.

It's a wordier equivalent of something like "I'm not racist, but the Jews are just the worst, aren't they?" The first part's a lie, as demonstrated by the rest of it.
    Get lost. Women and men chose different career paths by margin, therefore you cant and dont naturally get 1:1 ratio.

Yeah, we're ignoring it

Of course you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It'd be a nicer place to work if they fired all the conservatives.

All the conservatives I know are, frankly, jerks.
    And thats the Minority. But to be perfectly honest, Leftists are purely lunatics, and the minority of Leftists are actually reasonable, and not....you know...LUNATICS (or crazy bunch).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    You know, plus the fact women aren't allowed to do pretty much anything without a males consent in that country.

We'll ignore that though and use your narrow field of factoids as a basis for an entire theory /s

^ The manifest in a nutshell, tbh.
    Factoids? Its proven and investigated phenomenon. You clearly have done 0 reading about behavioural sciences and evolutionary psychology.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The problem with the US today is young adults actually think they're entitled to anything they want. Why? Because institutes that are supposed to harden them up to the real world, like colleges, hold their hands and give them safe spaces. All this shit is absurd, at the end of the day do your job, go home, eat, fuck, sleep, do it again tomorrow. Truth is no one gives a fuck about your opinions if you aren't being paid for them.
    This is where you are wrong.

These entitled young adults act the way they do because they are indoctrinated by daily doses of political propaganda by their far-right parents and those religious schools they have attended since young.

Being brought up by moderate parents, I certainly don't run around thinking I can say whatever I want without consequences and crying I should have a platform to advance socially harmful and degenerate views.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I read this as google having a problem with reality.
    Across the desk from me RIGHT NOW is the IT team we work closely with, which is run by a woman. Who recently replaced the former team leader, also a woman. She has about 4 women and 4 men working for her. That is not unusual.

And they are GOOD. I'm so happy I'm working close to this team now, they really know their job and are easy to work with, we get a lot of shit done and done properly.

I've had similar experiences at all the companies I've worked at. Gender ratios are roughly even and technical competence is individual and not connected to gender in any way.

So I really wonder if it's you that has the problem with reality, because I've never experienced the one you apparently live in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, I'm not worried about it. It's something everyone will reject, even liberals and super-progressive people at some point will feel that the safe-space of 'diversity' they created around themselves is nothing but fake - a bubble that will pop at any moment.

I don't believe for a second that anyone feels comfortable when values are forced on them which goes against their culture and upbringing.
    I'm sorry, but your culture isn't yours. Nobodies culture is their own culture. This crazy idea that culture is like race or religion is disingenuous to what culture is. Culture is ever changing, ever evolving and ever expanding to include more and more every single day. Culture isn't something you can point to and claim "that's ours". Culture isn't something you can claim is universal. Culture isn't something you can use as an excuse everytime your toxic beliefs are challenged in the real world.

Culture is the culmination of humanity. Claiming that your own culture is somehow superior or inferior only brings light to the fact you have no idea what culture is, nor do you have any idea why "diversity" was even a goal to reach in the first place. Because if you knew that, then you'd know why modern culture is diverse.

Deleted
    How many people ever really get away with criticising their employer publicly?

The big thing people seem to forget about affirmative action is that you're almost never seeking "the most-qualified person" by some single artificial metric (in academics, GPA or SAT scores, typically). You're seeking candidates that are "qualified", period. And then you're looking at secondary factors, to decide who to actually take on. Exceptional scores are one of those factors, but not the only one and definitely not a trump card, especially in employment. Because in employment, hiring someone who's overqualified means there's a good chance they'll keep shopping around and jump off to a new job in the near future, better-suited to their higher qualifications. So you try and hire people who meet those minimums, who you think have potential that you can foster, not the most qualified person on the list. You'll often pass them over completely, solely because of how high their qualifications are. At least, for entry-level positions and such.
    And if you hire a woman they are just as likely to get pregnant and leave. Your whole premise is flawed. Affirmative action is all about quotas and nothing about merit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    This is where you are wrong.

These entitled young adults act the way they do because they are indoctrinated by daily doses of political propaganda by their far-right parents and those religious schools they have attended since young.

Being brought up by moderate parents, I certainly don't run around thinking I can say whatever I want without consequences and crying I should have a platform to advance socially harmful and degenerate views.
    Nice anecdote. In my experience, its those who were brought up to believe in egalitarianismthat run around screaming about rights and entitelments. See what I did there?