10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    He spams a specific attack on them and not you that strikes me as odd, you'd think he'd be trying to kill a PC with it instead. I need to try Enkelados sometime and see if he behaves similarly with that Ground Drop attack. I noticed Stench Blossom was doing similar things with that Viscid Glob or whatever.
    Hmm Since I am a Caster, I just thought that Choco stood more close ( in front of me) and thus got the "attention" even though she was behind me aggro wise.

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer this version :<

Well those SMN changes are underwhelming. I don't think anyone was really complaining about the damage as much as the over all feel of the job. I mean I do miss the old AoE power we had, but the rotation just feels clunky compared to pre-4.0. And the sad thing is, if they do make any major changes in 4.1, that could end up buffing the job. Then they may need to undo the buff from this patch to keep our damage in check.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hmm Since I am a Caster, I just thought that Choco stood more close ( in front of me) and thus got the "attention" even though she was behind me aggro wise.
    I tried it both kiting around and standing right in his face, he ignored me and attacked the Chocobo. I thought perhaps because it was healing, but since you were doing the same, it might be their AI forces them to go off-aggro with x attack, and since there's no one there but you and the bird...

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Well those SMN changes are underwhelming. I don't think anyone was really complaining about the damage as much as the over all feel of the job. I mean I do miss the old AoE power we had, but the rotation just feels clunky compared to pre-4.0. And the sad thing is, if they do make any major changes in 4.1, that could end up buffing the job. Then they may need to undo the buff from this patch to keep our damage in check.
    Yeah. MCH and SMN are still in a bad state as far as I'm concerned because both feel very clunky when compared to the smoothness of the other jobs. Some have their own issues, of course, but it's not nearly as apparent as with MCH and SMN.

I only bother with the latter for the sake of PvP because it's very good there as a result of raw damage and the classic strategy of hanging back and throwing DoTs at every possible target and then preying upon specific targets with instant casts and burst if they're at low health. MCH was my main throughout 3.0 but I shelved it at the start of 4.0 since SAM appealed to me more and BRD was just given far more utility and the benefit of higher/easier damage than MCH.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/featur...trial#/slide/1

Over 10 million accounts created. Not bad for a game in it's 4th year and one that had to recover from 1.0

And people this is TOTAL ACCOUNTS. Not number of current players.

I'm really confused by what they chose to buff too. They took a lot of the emphasis off SMN DoT's for Stormblood in order to focus more on Ruin and pet damage, and now they're handing out damage buffs to those same DoT's. It seems to me as though they've never really had a clear direction for what they want the SMN to be nor where they want to take it in this expansion.

It's fine that they've said they're planning more "systemic" changes but if they're not clear on what they want the SMN to be those changes are going to end up in the same situation where no one else is really sure what the SMN is ment to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it both kiting around and standing right in his face, he ignored me and attacked the Chocobo. I thought perhaps because it was healing, but since you were doing the same, it might be their AI forces them to go off-aggro with x attack, and since there's no one there but you and the bird...
    Hmm. Weird indeed.
    I don't remember exactly, but it's no an AoE is it? Might be that due to high level resistances and a lot of player HP, the damage doesn't make much of a dent in our HP.

Hmm. Weird indeed.
    I don't remember exactly, but it's no an AoE is it? Might be that due to high level resistances and a lot of player HP, the damage doesn't make much of a dent in our HP.
    No, not an AoE, it's a directed attack. It was hitting me for I think 1-2k the few times it was used when Chocobo was down. Oh well, dead glowybirdsnek either way.

Well, I helped send the instances of SB zones out with a bit of a bang; managed to pop both Gamma and Salty Pepsiman in 2 of the 3 instances of their respective zones (Yanxia and Lochs respectively) within the last 30ish mins before maintenance began. I personally managed to get both of the Gamma pops and 1 of the S&L pops, although someone else spotted the latter before I could get in range to call it out. I wanted to get more xp on MNK last night, but ended up spawning S ranks instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    http://www.gamerevolution.com/featur...trial#/slide/1

Over 10 million accounts created. Not bad for a game in it's 4th year and one that had to recover from 1.0

And people this is TOTAL ACCOUNTS. Not number of current players.
    Numbers like that always show how much turn over MMO's have. Like how a decade ago WoW reported having over 100 million accounts created and I can just imagine where it's at now.

I think the SMN buffs are more meant as "here's an increase in damage, so you can play sub-optimally and still have the same DPS as before." And then rotation changes will come in the next patch along with a reversal of this buff..

Now, whether this is a good tactic to take with MMO players is a different question.
    Last edited by RohanV; 2017-08-08 at 04:44 PM.

Its nice to see the new summer event giving FSH and CUL jobs something to do. We need more crafter/gatherer stuff. I still dont get why Yoshi says fates for them are too hard. Why not a fate where a meteor falls for miners? or a 'craft the most HQ items with what we give you' contest style fate for crafters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its nice to see the new summer event giving FSH and CUL jobs something to do.
    Eh.. that's not new, really. I think it was the same last year.

Eh.. that's not new, really. I think it was the same last year.
    Wasn't it [MARGINALLY SIMILAR YET LEGALLY DISTINCT ENOUGH IN DIFFERENCES NOT SUPER SENTAI] last year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it [MARGINALLY SIMILAR YET LEGALLY DISTINCT ENOUGH IN DIFFERENCES NOT SUPER SENTAI] last year?
    No clue, I just remember the Fish thingy b/c it was so hilarious how AH prices exploded.

speaking i just did the lvl.65 FSH quest to fish up 3 HQ fish in a pond in the ruby sea

IT TOOK 4 HOURS -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    speaking i just did the lvl.65 FSH quest to fish up 3 HQ fish in a pond in the ruby sea

IT TOOK 4 HOURS -_-
    °_°
    Yikes.

I fished up a HQ blackmage fish for my GC turning yesterday. After seeing that it was worth 190K, I rather sold it. Screw the 450K xp and show me the money.

15+ Year Old Account

While the theme of last year's moonfaire was the Go Go Posing Rangers, the repeatable quests for CUL/FSH were the same. The 3rd one being more appropriate for the theme.