Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A slow tank is usually a learning tank. Tanks have cooldowns just like everyone else, if you pull at a bad CD moment, the tank might not be able to help. Also, if a fuck dps pulls and is in danger, the healer ends up with the agro. DPS is just a asshole in these situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Ask the tank to speed up but don't pull, try to kick the tank
    Just makes queues longer, as now that could be tank is discouraged and won't tank anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    A slow tank is usually a learning tank. Tanks have cooldowns just like everyone else, if you pull at a bad CD moment, the tank might not be able to help. Also, if a fuck dps pulls and is in danger, the healer ends up with the agro. DPS is just a asshole in these situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Just makes queues longer, as now that could be tank is discouraged and won't tank anymore.
    I know, but people defending this behaviour also keep some people from playing tank.

I'd side with the tank here, nothing is more annoying that DPS' who think they know better and pull the whole instance.

For all we know, the tank is new to the role and even the class, so he have to take his time to figure things out. Heck, he might even be new to the game with zero heirlooms being super squish compared to full Heirloom tanks.

Want quick runs? Create a group in trade chat/from people you do LFD with and speed run.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Both are in the wrong, with the rogue starting it.
    What some people don't understand is that the dungeon doesn't go quicker by pulling more and more if the tank and/or healer cannot/will not keep up with it because it leads to deaths, wipes, run backs, etc, which take more time that just going at whatever pace the tank goes.
    Now, if the tank was pulling a group every 2-3 minutes or something painfully slow, they are causing the issue.
    Otherwise, DPS should just sit back and spend an extra couple minutes in the dungeon to follow the group and get it over with.

When I see this kinda thing, it's like impatient drivers on the highway.
    Traffic is moving at 65, so they cut and weave through at 70 just to get 2 car lengths ahead of you.
    They have saved maybe 15-30 seconds on their commute at the risk of everyone's health and well-being around them.
    Don't be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    Or the tank can just easily learn to play. [...]
    - You defeat all mobs, meaning that the DPS was actually right and you, as a tank, should up the pace
    - The whole group dies, which means that the DPS was wrong to pull and you actually have a valid, proven reason to be mad at him.
    This would only be true if pulling the extra mobs made the run faster which is almost never the case.

1. An "optional" group gets pulled that can be skipped.

2. Finishing off last few mobs, another group is pulled and gets bolstered. You can still kill it, but obviously you would kill them much faster if they weren't ninja-pulled.

3. Another group gets pulled when you have 20 stacks of necrotic refreshing the debuff. You now have to kite around with the healer spamming you instead of both of you killing the mobs.

4. Avenger's Shield, Blood Boil, Keg Smash, Thunder Clap is ready in 2 seconds. Instead a group of 7 mobs gets pulled right now and disperses, 2 running after the healer, 1 after the mage, 1 after hunter, 3 are on the warrior. You now have to spend 10 seconds rounding up the mobs so they can be cleaved.

5. Ninja-pulling keeps you in combat constantly prohibiting gear swaps and potion usages.

In all these situations the attempt to save 2 seconds ends up costing you 10-20. It is very frustrating when it keeps constantly happening.

Nobody has a problem with the hunter misdirecting the tank and interrupting the caster so that it runs to the tank faster to be cleaved.
    I also don't think that many people get mad over a healer stepping out of fire accidentally getting too close to a patrol once.

You guys make it sound as if everything is dead, consumables used, everyone at full hp and prepared and you are standing in front of the mobs for half a minute waiting.
    I don't remember a single experience of that happening in M+ ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from the old school of NEVER pulling before tank, if I pull anything he hasn't touched it's an immediate 'mb' in chat to let him know he's in a safe space.. lol.

That said; I've noticed there are a ton of idiot tanks around these days. If I ever ran with one like, say, Swifty who afks mid M+ to f*ck with his cat - I would probably start pulling mobs. Extreme cases.

Otherwise just let the tank learn and pull at his pace, imo (outside of higher M+).
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2017-08-14 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    I don't remember a single experience of that happening in M+ ever.
    That's rarely even the case in HC or normal. Usually, if the tank stops there, there's probably something he/she needs to deal with first, like looking up boss abilities or RL issues that came up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    As a tank, I don't mind the dps pulling. Just pull them to me at least.
    Would you mind if they pulled in mythic plus with bolstering/bursting/explosive/necrotic? Or if they pulled something you didn't intend to pull in the first place? I believe you would. If you're speaking of your daily heroic runs then you don't even need a tank/healer there in the first place.

The tank is in the right, Just recently I was doing heroic dungeons with my wife to teach her to tank on her Druid while getting a few filler tank peices, We keep getting DPS that want to pull EVERYTHING and then go nuts when they die. For someone who has never tanked before this is extremely overwhelming. Heroic is currently the best place to start to learn to tank better as normal is FAR undertuned for any player over 815 ilevel but retard DPS are making it hard because they think they are "bad ass dps"(funny enough most of them are the worst DPS in the group)

when i see a dps pull at my place, i just go the next pack, i dont care, im a blood dk, i can heal myself like a god, so i let stupid people die and if they kick me, i dont care i can go in another lfd in less than 3 sec :P

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    The tank is in the right, Just recently I was doing heroic dungeons with my wife to teach her to tank on her Druid while getting a few filler tank peices, We keep getting DPS that want to pull EVERYTHING and then go nuts when they die. For someone who has never tanked before this is extremely overwhelming. Heroic is currently the best place to start to learn to tank better as normal is FAR undertuned for any player over 815 ilevel but retard DPS are making it hard because they think they are "bad ass dps"(funny enough most of them are the worst DPS in the group)
    did you tell them she is learning ? or just assumed they will follow - because atm hc dungeons are generaly completly usless so no decent people use them anymore ?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    did you tell them she is learning ? or just assumed they will follow - because atm hc dungeons are generaly completly usless so no decent people use them anymore ?
    I let them know from the get go and 1 of them made an attempt to vote kick the moment they could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Rogue's an idiot for pulling, and for dying.

Tank's an idiot for going slower than the group is able to handle.
    Here's the thing though - how much time do you REALLY save if the tank's going reasonably fast already and stuff is dying pretty fast? Oh... a 15 minute dungeon can be done in 7! Wow, a SEVEN MINUTE SAVINGS....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Situation: RDF, tank going at his pace, rogue decides it's not fast enough, goes pulling packs, tank gives no f*cks, rogue dies, rogue throws tantrum, tank says "You pull, you tank".

Question: Who's in the right?
    Tanks aren't the group leaders, if the rogue thinks he has the dps to handle more, just pull more.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by sjuk View Post
    What was the healer doing?
    Healers should have the role of healing unavoidable damage, not healing stupid.
    Be grateful if they do heal stupid, not demand it.

There are roles for a reason, that were possible someone should be allowed to do theirs without someone else interfering.
    If you want to go do your own thing, do it in your own group and not a random one.

If time is really that much of an issue, then that is your problem only, and yours only it should remain.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Tanks aren't the group leaders, if the rogue thinks he has the dps to handle more, just pull more.
    Well obviously he didn't have the DPS to kill shit before it killed him.

What is it about roles don't people get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Well obviously he didn't have the DPS to kill shit before it killed him.

What is it about roles don't people get?
    I'm a tank and I don't care if the group isn't dying?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I'm a tank and I don't care if the group isn't dying?
    You pull it you tank it has a long history. And you won't die if you let the tank do the pull.

Dont defend asshole behavior. If the group wanted to go faster all they had to do was act like normal people and ask the tank to pull faster. Tank checks with healer, if the healer's OK with it, then pull more. But the rogue was just the stereotypical asshole selfish gamer.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-08-15 at 04:17 AM.

Even when i tank daily heroic legion dungeons if a hunter or someone pulls extra i let them tank and usually they or the hunter pet dies. Want to get angry at me for not doing my role? Thats fine im laughing at your idiocy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Tank is right. Even if he is slow as fuck, let him do his thing. Most tanks don't go slow on purpose just to be obnoxious, they either are newer tanks or are waiting on CDs, or just aren't that good.

Pulling tons of extra shit and spamming "go" is very obnoxious, no way around it. Maybe pull a couple of extra mobs that you think you can handle if you really can't spend the extra 5 minutes on the dungeon, but don't bitch because you die since it's completely your fault.
    Exactly this, there are just few tanks in my guild and i've been encouraging people to start tanking and often joining them on instances to give them tips and pointers when they are getting used to tanking. They tend to go tad slower (not even superslow, just slightly slower) and too often it ends to situation like OP mentioned. Often even flaming the tank. Very encouraging for these newer tanks and sadly many of them have not tanked since as they fill a role of dps/healer without getting shouted at.