Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    This is probably the easiest way. Buy a carry for the first kill, then link the achievement to get into groups after that.
    Or they can, ya know, join a group thats progressing on the fight, and kill it with the group and get AOTC legitimately... But i know, i know.... a little work and coordination is a foreign concept to 99% of the pug player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is there any addons out there that detects when someone links you a fake achievement?

I'd like an easy way to vet morons who try to link fake achievements when i'm inviting to heroic KJ. Id rather not always go to their armory to inspect them.
    What, do you get jealous if there is someone as special as you in the raid too?
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    What, do you get jealous if there is someone as special as you in the raid too?
    No because they wouldn't be as special as me if they didn't have the AOTC achievement for KJ, hence no invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    And how are people gonna get the achievement if no one takes them without it?
    Create the group. Or join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Create the group. Or join a guild.
    Or keep faking til you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    What about people's alts? If I have 2 achis of AotC on 2 character but not on 3rd?
    It would still show up, it is account wide.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Or they can, ya know, join a group thats progressing on the fight, and kill it with the group and get AOTC legitimately... But i know, i know.... a little work and coordination is a foreign concept to 99% of the pug player base.
    Sure, they can. Nobody said otherwise. But if they don't want to, then there is always a workaround.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Sure, they can. Nobody said otherwise. But if they don't want to, then there is always a workaround.
    The "workaround" is pretty unethical don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you know why lfr is a thing.

Even if the Achievement is Real, doesn't mean they didn't pay a Mythic guild to let them Die in a corner for a heroic Kill.

Deleted
    The "workaround" is pretty unethical don't you think?
    No, it's not. There is nothing - and never has been anything - unethical about buying a carry as long as it happens with ingame gold and without someone else playing your character. You are paying others for having put in the effort to learn the fight and taking you with them - nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Replace Achievements with ilvl/GearScore/Whatever else over the last 9 or whatever years since.... Wrath? and before that is was back to knowing people and armory.
    Except I don't think Armory existed prior to Wrath because I think it came out when achievements did in the 3.0 PrePatch. I know that it definitely wasn't in Vanilla. So back then it was just sit in town spamming trade chat =/

Do quick armory check, there is an addon which provides armory link.

Even ppl with mutiple kills sucks so it doesnt matter of they have achivement or not. I am using fake achivement a lot because it's the only way to get into pug groups.

I was mythic raider and can't raid on guild anymore because i can raid every 2 weeks not every week and there is no guild that will accept it during progress.

Heroic difficulty is like dungenons for me. Fails? Everyone fail sometimes but in heroic it's very rare that i fail on any mechanic even if it's new raid but in pug raid Item Level and Achivement is EVERYTHING. It's actually better to have random items than items woth better stats but lower ilvl because it wll let you get into raid easier.

Ofc 920 ilvl player with set bonus, good legendaries and trinekt will do bettter dps/hps/surive logner as tank than 925 player with random items wrong legendaries, no set bonuses and bad trinkets but for pugs 925 one is better

Join a guild. Fake Achievement addons are probably the best thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except I don't think Armory existed prior to Wrath because I think it came out when achievements did in the 3.0 PrePatch. I know that it definitely wasn't in Vanilla. So back then it was just sit in town spamming trade chat =/
    Yeah sit spamming trade and meet on top of Org roof for inspections etc.

Deleted
    Is there any addons out there that detects when someone links you a fake achievement?

I'd like an easy way to vet morons who try to link fake achievements when i'm inviting to heroic KJ. Id rather not always go to their armory to inspect them.
    I would like that for mmo-champ, I don't you as LFR and normal mode dude would ever dare to make a hyperbole thread about how easy mythic is again.

The best you can do is using an addon to get an armory link, or using something like WoWProgressLink to view WP or Raider IO. Neither site will be able to tell you if it was a carry or not, though. But the addon solves your problem.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Not having the kill achievement doesn't mean you don't have experience with the fight.
    True, but unless you're pugging high difficultly stuff (which - god help you) finding someone with an understanding of the mechanics is usually fine. It at least demonstrates they have a pulse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Yeah sit spamming trade and meet on top of Org roof for inspections etc.
    Don't forget the awfull GearScore addon.