Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've said that freedom of speech doesn't come without freedom from consequence. Your public behavior reflects back upon your employer, no matter who they are, and they're fully within their rights to react to your public behavior.
    Because I disagree with you on this stance.

You don't want to live in a world where people are held responsible for their public behavior? Why not?
    Because Ben Kuchera.

Welcome to living in society. There are social and societal norms that folks adhere by. Not being a part of hate groups is generally one of them, and one that very few people have issues with.
    Until they do.

Or are you actually arguing that Christian Conservatives being against Gay's was totally cool?

Not remotely true, you're fearmongering because Nazi's are getting publicly called out.

Why does this scare you so much?
    Who is fearmongering? This shit is already happening ffs. There have long been 'doxing' campaigns on the slightest of things on Reddit and Tumblr. Make an off color joke? Must be racist, collect as much info as you can and slam his relatives/friends/workplace until he feels it! Are you honestly ignorant of this shit? I mean it isn't as though it hasn't been leaking more and more into the mainstream over the last couple years, but it has been going on for close to a decade to my knowledge. You really want it to be the fucking norm? Don't like someone, or something they said? Generate some outrage, make it go viral, and fuck up their life!

This is how society ends.

You don't choose to be gay or a woman. You choose to associate with Nazi's.

Comparing those groups is silly and irrational.
    Those were just examples, you could go around to North Korea and tell everyone how great American Democracy is before you get shot. I mean you are saying things they don't want to hear. You chose to support Democracy.

I think the country can, even with our current lack of leadership from the excuser in chief. I think white supremacist groups and hate groups can't, though.
    Unless you plan to get shot for me, please don't encourage worse fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    You forgot to add, that this advantage makes them evil, and that all white men are the same. Listen to the rhetoric of intersectional people when speaking about white men. The term "straight white male" is used as a pejorative by this group. This is an inherently bigoted act.
    "Advantage = evil" is your conclusion, it doesn't speak to the core assumptions of intersectionality.

I suggest actually taking a Gender Studies class and not bitching based on what you hear from Breitbart or cable news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Guess you've never heard of the 1st Amendment. This is my point right here. Anyone can be labeled a Nazi and violent, stupid shit heads who lack a college education can violent assault them or call them names, and plenty of other uneducated asshats will join the chorus and justify their behavior. People like you are why someone was killed in Charlottesville. Own it. Hopefully you can take your mobile scooter or have your mommy drop you off at the next rally and you can try to punch one of these nazis first hand.

You are the fascists. You're no different than the nazis. That's the truth.
    So you'Re claiming the left is ultimately responsible for the deaths?

Can you choose what you believe? Can you blame the brainwashed person?

I don't think generic rules and distinctions like that will work well. It will have to get dirty and specific: we discriminate against groups that discriminate. Ends justifying the means. We don't like it, but it's for the best.

Deleted
    You are the fascists. You're no different than the nazis. That's the truth.
    The fascists are the one that were marching in the white supremacist march past weekend. You know, those that used fasces as their symbols on shield, including the driver?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    So you'Re claiming the left is ultimately responsible for the deaths?
    Both sides are responsible...this isn't an either/or scenario. We have extremists on both sides here.

Guess you've never heard of the 1st Amendment.
    I've not only heard of it, I actually know what it means - which is far more than you can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "Advantage = evil" is your conclusion, it doesn't speak to the core assumptions of intersectionality.

I suggest actually taking a Gender Studies class and not bitching based on what you hear from Breitbart or cable news.
    I don't read Breitbart. I don't watch cable news. Advantage=evil is not my conclusion, I never stated that. I stated that because of this perceived advantage, straight white guys are spoken about as if they are evil. I will grant you, using the word evil is a bit strong and hyperbolic, but the term straight white male is used as a pejorative by these circles, for the reasons of this perceived advantage (which in many cases is a real advantage, but not all white men are the same). I don't need to go to Breitbart for this, I can go to the Huffington Post, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, The Guardian and many others to form this opinion.

Though this is a distraction, if you dislike my choice of the label intersectional (we will just have to disagree with on this one), pick a different one, regressive left, SJW, authoritarian left, or whatever takes your fancy. I don't like these labels, but I need one to describe this particular segment within the left, so I sided with intersectional.
    Last edited by tehealadin; 2017-08-14 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, he is better than Nazi's since he is not advocating genocide against innocent people.
    lol nice try bud, but we all know both sides speak the same type of rhetoric. There is no "good side"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Both sides are responsible...this isn't an either/or scenario. We have extremists on both sides here.
    So how is the terror victim responsible for her death, because that's what you're claiming here. Please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Can you choose what you believe? Can you blame the brainwashed person?
    You can choose what you believe, and brainwashing is a very different situation. Were those serious questions?

what if you were born into the ideology

Can't end ignorance by pushing people away and attacking them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    what if you were born into the ideology

Can't end ignorance by pushing people away and attacking them.
    You absolutely can when their ideology is based on murdering you.

You can choose what you believe, and brainwashing is a very different situation. Were those serious questions?
    You have now moved into this territory. GG indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You absolutely can when their ideology is based on murdering you.
    Please stop being ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thewalkindude View Post
    deaths? Is it plural now? I'm saying the left has been behaving poorly for at least 2 years. Violence was tolerated or even celebrated. Then a generation of internet tough guys got wind that they could act without consequence so long as they called the other person a nazi. Don't support an open border? You're a nazi. And because you're a nazi, we can hit you in the face with a tire iron.

Think about that for a moment, thousands of people marching through the street, attacking anyone who doesn't agree with them. How does that definition not match both sides?

"mommy some other people called me sone mean names, so its ok that i pushed a completly different person. Waaahhhhh!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    You have now moved into this territory. GG indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Please stop being ignorant.
    So nazis don't want to murder anyone? Stop being ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I don't read Breitbart. I don't watch cable news. Advantage=evil is not my conclusion, I never stated that. I stated that because of this perceived advantage, straight white guys are spoken about as if they are evil. I will grant you, using the word evil is a bit strong and hyperbolic, but the term straight white male is used as a pejorative by these circles, for the reasons of this perceived advantage (which in many cases is a real advantage, but not all white men are the same). I don't need to go to Breitbart for this, I can go to the Huffington Post, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, The Guardian and many others to form this opinion.
    None of which are academic sources and have much to say about intersectionality as it exists in terms of a theory of social study.

"White men are evil" is about as realistic a depiction of gender studies as "lol stockholm syndrome" is of psychology. It's pop theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    No clue what you're trying to say with this. Can you clarify?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    So how is the terror victim responsible for her death, because that's what you're claiming here. Please enlighten me.
    Both sides have let it get to this point where violence and rioting through the streets is how conservatives and liberals interact. That gets us nowhere. We used to be able to discuss this stuff without the torches and pitchforks thrown into the mix.

It's a tragedy what happened to Heather but if we don't find some way for more peaceful discussions on these topics this is only going to get worse.

As an example: My mother identifies as a strong conservative. She is absolutely not a "Nazi" or white supremacist or anything of the sort. But because she considers herself conservative she has some of those labels put on her that do not apply. It pushes her further away from any sort of discussion about left-wing ideology because those kinds of people already dislike her and don't WANT to try and convince her of anything except what a horrible person she is and why she is wrong. You don't win an argument like that. You're just pushing more centrist people to the extremes....which creates MORE of this.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2017-08-14 at 06:14 PM.